• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Is there still a 5 night travel package?

vacationlover2

TUG Member
Reaction score
If so, does anyone have a link or the details to how many points you need and what you get?

Thanks!

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score

NboroGirl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Is getting bonus/extra miles from United in these packages a thing of the past?

jtp1947

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Marriott, Boston Custom House
It does apply to 5 night packages also.

DEScottzz

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just tried booking one of these packages, and two different Bonvoy people told me to call MVC. I'm pretty sure that's not right, but MVC is closed until Monday. I've spent almost an hour. It's quite frustrating.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
It takes a couple of minutes when you call the MVCI number, did this twice and it's very easy. Never tried to Bonvoy number. MVCI number seems to have immediate help in my experience. I don't think you can attach the cert though, just "purchase" it via MVCI.

DEScottzz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Steve. I'll have to try that on Monday. There's a Marriott phone number on Travel Package page, but the Marriott people at that number don't know anything about it.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Steve. I'll have to try that on Monday. There's a Marriott phone number on Travel Package page, but the Marriott people at that number don't know anything about it.

Yeah, it could be you should be able to call the number listed and arrange. I am just saying I have far better luck on the MVCI line (perhaps my presidential ownership level and "line" helps too) and suggesting giving that a try. Probably depends who you get on the Bonvoy line.

Report back how this turns out, would like to know for my own use! Maybe I was just lucky? (or as some say, special)

jtp1947

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Marriott, Boston Custom House
Yes, for the 5 night travel package you must call MVCI as it is only available to Marriott/Bonvoy timeshare owners.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
To change from old category to new for 5-night package, do you call Bonvoy reward line or MVCI?

I did mine via MVCI, find them much faster at least on the Presidential line.

I will amend this to: in a few minutes time, converted old to new (2 of them), and, upgraded at the same time since you cannot afterwards. It was laughable (in a good way) how quick it was considering how much time people report on the Bonvoy lines! All the MVCI folks I have talked to seem to be far better trained. Which now will jinx it!

Last edited:

Mr. Vker

Reaction score
So the old chart got a Cat 1-5 hotel and 120K miles for 235K MRP the new is devalued. Sucks as this is the best use of points IMHO. 120K miles is J to Asia. Worked well.

DEScottzz

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think I finally got the five day travel package through by calling the MVC line.

I talked to somebody this morning who said it was taking a long time, and he'd call me back. With no call back, I called about 5 or 6 hours later, and talked to someone who seemed to know what to do. (Though I had to point her to the 5-day package.)

So she said she was taking the 195,000 points out, and I would get the 5 night certificate plus 50,000 miles. Neither the miles nor the cert have shown up yet, though. Should happen within a day or so, I imagine.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think I finally got the five day travel package through by calling the MVC line.

I talked to somebody this morning who said it was taking a long time, and he'd call me back. With no call back, I called about 5 or 6 hours later, and talked to someone who seemed to know what to do. (Though I had to point her to the 5-day package.)

So she said she was taking the 195,000 points out, and I would get the 5 night certificate plus 50,000 miles. Neither the miles nor the cert have shown up yet, though. Should happen within a day or so, I imagine.

Wow, that's disappointing to me! Maybe the Presidential line has more trained people, not sure, or, I am just that lucky or special. I've always gotten trained people on that line. But at least you (presumably) have it now.

Mr. Vker

Reaction score

The miles can take several days to post, but the certificate should show up immediately. That's been my experience. Though I have not ordered one in the new system.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
OK... this is crap. I called MVCI (Presidential line) twice this morning. Both of them had no clue regarding 5-night travel package hotel conversion from old to new cat. First one hung up on me when I asked her to find someone who knew how to do it. The second one insisted on transferring me to Bonvoy desk and I was on terminal hold for 10 minutes. I gave up and hung up. Not cool. I am going to give it a moment and call Bonvoy line directly.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow, that's two people who didn't have immediate good results on MVCI line. I must be super lucky then. Sorry to hear that. I hope you guys get your certs soon without too much trouble.

StevenTing

TUG Member
Reaction score
OK... this is crap. I called MVCI (Presidential line) twice this morning. Both of them had no clue regarding 5-night travel package hotel conversion from old to new cat. First one hung up on me when I asked her to find someone who knew how to do it. The second one insisted on transferring me to Bonvoy desk and I was on terminal hold for 10 minutes. I gave up and hung up. Not cool. I am going to give it a moment and call Bonvoy line directly.

This has to be handled by the Bonvoy desk. MVCI doesn't have access other than the initial issuance of the travel package. When I did mine a few months ago, it was a very quick and painless process.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
This has to be handled by the Bonvoy desk. MVCI doesn't have access other than the initial issuance of the travel package. When I did mine a few months ago, it was a very quick and painless process.

Except, they did mine, in minutes time. They are only wanting to re-issue the cert, not book it which does take the Bonvoy line. But as I said, apparently I got lucky again. I did two of them, <5 minutes. This was before the conversion to the new name.

But now I question, I hope I did not give bad advice. Perhaps I called the Platinum Premier line. Senior moment.... Unsure...

Update - yep, found my old post, and, indeed it was the MR Platinum line. I apologize to all I mislead.

:confused:

Last edited:

DEScottzz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Nothing happened on my transaction for three days, so I called MVC again today. They had no record that I requested the transaction three days earlier, so we started all over again. I was on the phone with them for 87 minutes, and still nothing has happened. The agent I spoke with is getting error messages, and a message telling her to call a support line at which nobody answers.

She and her supervisor worked on it steadily, but it just wasn't working. She is supposed to email me back when she get's it working.

I am calling the Executive line. I'm trying to buy the 1500 points to get to Presidential, waiting for MVC on the right of first refusal.

BTW, I have a vague recollection that the price of these packages is going up on March fifth or eighth. Is that correct?

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am in Marriott Bonvoy hell this morning and I am still on the phone call. I had 2 old Cat 1-5 certificates, with expiration of June 28, 2019 and July 18, 2019. Called Bonvoy Titanium line, and I repeatedly made it very clear that I only wanted the Jun 28, 2019 one converted to the new 1-4 today. The lady did not know how to do it and put me on hold to have someone else do it. She came back and said it was done and I looked and said to her that it was not done correctly as I needed the June 28 changed and not the July 18 one. She said shoot and said she would put me on hold... I waited another 25 minutes before I hung up. I called back, another agent sent me to his manager. The manager said there was nothing she could do to undo what was done and she would put into the notes on the June 28 2019 expiration. What good is that going to do? I said if nothing could be done please do not touch the June 28 expiration because the last thing I want done is to now have 2 certificates expiring on March 1, 2020. Geez. I am still on holding hell while she puts in the notes as I type this.

Last edited:

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am in Marriott Bonvoy hell this morning and I am still on the phone call. I had 2 old Cat 1-5 certificates, with expiration of June 28, 2019 and July 18, 2019. Called Bonvoy Titanium line, and I repeatedly made it very clear that I only wanted the Jun 28, 2019 one converted to the new 1-4 today. The lady did not know how to do it and put me on hold to have someone else do it. She came back and said it was done and I looked and said to her that it was not done correctly as I needed the June 28 changed and not the July 18 one. She said shoot and said she would put me on hold... I waited another 25 minutes before I hung up. I called back, another agent sent me to his manager. The manager said there was nothing she could do to undo what was done and she would put into the notes on the June 28 2019 expiration. What good is that going to do? I said if nothing could not be done please do not touch the June 28 expiration because the last thing I want done is to now have 2 certificates expiring on March 1, 2020. Geez. I am still on holding hell while she puts in the notes as I type this.

Wow, now I feel really lucky! That's awful.