• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Is there a waiting time frame?

kimberley8

TUG Member
Reaction score
While on vacation...we were sucked into the web of purchasing additional property/ points...when reality set in.. we rescinded the purchase. We would like to add points to our portfolio through resale. Is there a good waiting period in which to do this after a rescind?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
While on vacation...we were sucked into the web of purchasing additional property/ points...when reality set in.. we rescinded the purchase. We would like to add points to our portfolio through resale. Is there a good waiting period in which to do this after a rescind?

I recommend that you spend 6 mos. on TUG doing your homework before you buy again. Make sure you understand the product and the market, before you buy.

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
What do you still own ? Are you satisfied with the vacation opportunities it is currently providing ?

we were sucked into the web of purchasing additional property/ points...We would like to add points to our portfolio through resale

Last edited:

kimberley8

TUG Member
Reaction score
We currently have Oceanwalk 154000 points...we are not VIP...that is what originally sucked us in...however we decided that we really didn't need VIP...we could do what we want with just more points...we have kids & grandchildren that we like to travel with...so more points will do!!

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score

No waiting period needed, I rescinded Thanksgiving and I bought my resale contract before Christmas

just know that this is what you want to do

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
No waiting period needed, I rescinded Thanksgiving and I bought my resale contract before Christmas

just know that this is what you want to do

Ron, if you had it to do all over again, would you have purchased that first resale contract, or did you make the most of a sketchy decision? I found that is what happened to me on my first two purchases. I probably should have spent more time researching. One of the purchases got deeded back to the seller over a listing error, and the other I still have but in retrospect I could have been smarter.

My third and fourth pirchases I did real good, about six months after I learned about TUG and had soaked up voluminous amounts of info like a sponge.

bshmerlie

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would agree... wait and learn before you buy so that you can make an educated purchase. If you plan your purchase in the Dec-Jan timeframe you can pick up a really great seal. Ideally the goal should be "Free"...or close to it. And always consider its resale value incase you ever want to sell it. Dont buy a worthless timeshare share because it will be impossible to gat rid of. So learn what has value and why.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ron, if you had it to do all over again, would you have purchased that first resale contract, or did you make the most of a sketchy decision? I found that is what happened to me on my first two purchases. I probably should have spent more time researching. One of the purchases got deeded back to the seller over a listing error, and the other I still have but in retrospect I could have been smarter.

My third and fourth pirchases I did real good, about six months after I learned about TUG and had soaked up voluminous amounts of info like a sponge.

I learn from experience and I have absolutely done better on my recent purchases than that first one, (3 converted fixed weeks 385000 points, mf $6/1000) But in spite of the high mf that first year, I made three reservations that I rented for enough to cover the mf on them and the next contract I bought (189000 points at a $4.90/1000 points mf) So I was able to vacation for free. which was my goal

Since then I bought more and my average mf is now under $5/1000 points

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I learn from experience and I have absolutely done better on my recent purchases than that first one,

So wouldn't it be better to advise the OP to take their time before they buy again? ;)

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would agree... wait and learn before you buy so that you can make an educated purchase. If you plan your purchase in the Dec-Jan timeframe you can pick up a really great seal. Ideally the goal should be "Free"...or close to it. And always consider its resale value incase you ever want to sell it. Dont buy a worthless timeshare share because it will be impossible to gat rid of. So learn what has value and why.

There is the risk of "paralysis by analysis"

I have a wonderful daughter and two grandchildren. But if 43 years ago I had studied and learned everything I could about children, and what it takes to raise one, and all the things that could go wrong, and If I had considered that with a 1A draft status, I couldnt get a decent job and was probably going to get killed in Viet Nam, I dont think that little girl would ever have been conceived.....Instead I dropped some acid, smoked some dope, turned up the Beatles Sargent Pepper and climbed into the back of my VW Bus with my girlfriend and nine months later there she was.....And Ive never regretted her (or doing the acid) for a minute

So learn what you can , but dont study this timeshare thing to death (its not rocket science) ...if you do you'll never buy anything

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
So wouldn't it be better to advise the OP to take their time before they buy again? ;)

I never would have made those recent purchases without the experience of the first one

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Instead I dropped some acid, smoked some dope, turned up the Beatles Sargent Pepper and climbed into the back of my VW Bus with my girlfriend

Based on this statement, it's clear that the OP should take Ron's advice! :D

Gophesjo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Glad it was a bus and not a bug...

kimberley8

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm with Ron...if we all knew then what we know now...oh how the world would be different!!! Sometimes experience is the best teacher!

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WOW! Don't try and out wit Denise and Judge Judy.:crash:

Denise: Is your Roark Vcation Club in Branson, MO. and if so how has it worked out?

I have never seen it, and never will - it's a very cheap trader.