TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Note that the "About the rest of TUG" and "About TUGBBS" forums have been moved further down the list under the lounge area. just in case anyone was wondering where they disappeared to!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. TUG started 24 years ago this month in 1993 as a group of owners on prodigy! Check out our happy birthday post here: Happy Birthday TUG!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The TUG forums have been upgraded this evening to now utilize https as a more secure way to connect and browse the site (Especially for those logged in). please let us know if you experience any issues or errors while on the site so we can correct them! it is our hope that this is a completely seamless change/upgrade! Forum upgrade thread
    Dismiss Notice

IS SELLING POINTS THE SAME AS SELLING WEEKS?

Discussion in 'Buying, Selling, Renting' started by isis1206, Nov 8, 2017.

1. isis1206

isis1206 TUG Member

I have a TS at The Villas at Fairway in the Poconos that I converted to points a few years ago. I'm looking to sell, but not sure if it's the same process

2. Saintsfanfl

Saintsfanfl TUG Member

What type of points did you "convert" it to? Most point "conversions"still have an underlying deeded week that transfers the same. Things like RCI points are separate from the actual property transfer and are actually optional to the new owner.

3. vacationhopeful

vacationhopeful TUG Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Ft Lauderdale Beach, Wyndham Santa Barbara, Wyndham Royal Vista, Wyndham Sea Gardens, Wyndham Shawnee (Poconos)
    What town is that near?

Is this .... Fairway Villages at Shawnee resort and that is now associated with Wyndham.... so, Wyndham points?

4. isis1206

isis1206 TUG Member

Oh boy, I have no idea what kind of points they are, but I do know that I use them thru RCI

5. isis1206

isis1206 TUG Member

No, not Shawnee...unfortunately not Wyndham points

6. Saintsfanfl

Saintsfanfl TUG Member

If they are RCI points then it was an enrollment and not a conversion. The deed is still the same. It is confusing when people list RCI points for sale. The new owner can opt for the points or simply not sign up with RCI. I had this happen with a dual affiliated resort. I only do II and I did not want to pay for an RCI account so I opted to let the RCI points drop.

In either case most of your potential buys will want to retain the RCI points but your sale process is really the same although I am not familiar with the transfer process in RCI.

7. isis1206

isis1206 TUG Member

Thanks for that info...when I first purchased it was a dual resort with II, so I'm going to call and ask about the deeded week.
    (Saints fan here WHO DAT) LOL

8. TUGBrian

TUGBrian Administrator

the overall concept of selling is the same in most cases yes...assuming you are talking about selling your entire ownership.

9. isis1206

isis1206 TUG Member

Yes, thanks. That's what I was hoping for. I've been paying MF for years and letting the points expire due to unavailability of being able to travel. But, I will call the company just to make sure.

10. Bmatrose

Bmatrose Guest

what company?

11. isis1206

isis1206 TUG Member

The selling company who owns The Villas at Fairway.....not sure who they are as the property was recently bought out