• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Interval - Should I do EPlus or extend my week's deposit?

socalgirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I have a week expiring in July and it's already on a "late deposit" limited search for 60 days out. i've been trying to find something for several months and it's already almost too late! I might be able to extend it for another 6 months for another extension fee, but it will require a supervisor's approval. OR, what if i book any week and add E-Plus to the week? will that give me more time on this week? i'm not quite sure i understand how it might work in this situation. For example, if i book a week say for 7/15/18 with eplus, will i be able to search another 60 days out from this date? or is only going to allow me to search until this date and then the eplus expires as does my week???
thanks for any help on this

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
I suggest you call in and do this over the phone.
I've gotten them to remove the restriction for "just this once" by calling in.
You won't be able to do it online.
The reps want to make a sale so help them do it!

Be ready to book something so if you see something you want, put it on hold
with another unit and then nicely ask them to switch it or book it with the
e-trade already .
You lose nothing by asking if it's a unit you already want.

I've had them exchange for example a unit that I was already going to book
for Orlando with a late deposit. It was because of the hurricane and had an
e-trade left but I goofed it up and waited too long to retrade seeing if the
hurricane was going to fly by us which it did not. In the end it ended up that
the resort was closed anyway but I did not buy the "insurance" so technically
they owed me nothing. But II and their superior customer service compared to some
other exchange companies, I was able to come out whole and a win-win for both
me and II. That is why II is getting almost all my business these days.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Since other members have given you good ideas, let's focus on the initial problem. When can you travel? Where are you aiming to go? What size unit?
What resort/week/unit size do you own?

I am trying to determine if you are searching in areas where a trade in unlikely/impossible, or whether there's another cause for your lack of success so far.

Goal: If we can help you find something, then you won't have to extend at all.

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
How far in advance does one need to execute an EPlus trade? I dont want to wait too long and blow it. But I dont want to do it now because the system only lets me look for exchanges from today til end of Sept. And i simply cant go anywhere during that timeframe. Oh...the exchange i cannot use is for July27 to San Francisco...thankfully I did add the ePlus option to my purchase and havent re-traded yet. Just trying to figure out how to get the most time extension out of this . I really c ant go anywhere til maybe November or December. Suggestions? Thx!

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
How far in advance does one need to execute an EPlus trade? I dont want to wait too long and blow it. But I dont want to do it now because the system only lets me look for exchanges from today til end of Sept. And i simply cant go anywhere during that timeframe. Oh...the exchange i cannot use is for July27 to San Francisco...thankfully I did add the ePlus option to my purchase and havent re-traded yet. Just trying to figure out how to get the most time extension out of this . I really c ant go anywhere til maybe November or December. Suggestions? Thx!

I just cancelled the day before check in with my recent E-plus.
That was my second trade. I took a date furthest out in Orlando because there was plenty of supply for July 30th check in which will give me until September 30th to find something else that I can use in the between time. So my last possible trade will be expired on Sept. 30th unless I pay to extend it. I doubt I will do that as I have a few other deposits sitting in there that also need using.

This original deposit expires Dec 2018 anyway so if I lose the money well it's the gamble I took and it did not pay off for me. I think you can add the insurance even up to the very last exchange but I'm not sure what you can make a claim on it for so check the policy before buying it. I doubt it covers buyers remorse or what kind of documentation they will need.

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Thx for so clearly sharing your strategy. You are always so helpful!

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
Thx for so clearly sharing your strategy. You are always so helpful!

I hope it was good advice.
I'm learning as I go but do really like the e-plus system.
It's been a life saver for me and so much more friendly than what RCI is doing to us.

jackio

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sand Pebbles, Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Hawaiian Sun Holidays
I hope it was good advice.
I'm learning as I go but do really like the e-plus system.
It's been a life saver for me and so much more friendly than what RCI is doing to us.
It worked for me this week. My week was expiring in August . I exchanged for an August week, bought the e-plus, and then retraded it for a week in April for Easter week. It was a cheap way to extend my week. I still have 2 retrade through next August if my plans should change.

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
It worked for me this week. My week was expiring in August . I exchanged for an August week, bought the e-plus, and then retraded it for a week in April for Easter week. It was a cheap way to extend my week. I still have 2 retrade through next August if my plans should change.

Awesome!
Love it when a plan comes together!