• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Interval International Resort Accomodation Certificate

just4stef

Reaction score
Hi,
I received an email from II stating that I have a resort accommodation certificate that expires in February 2018.

The certificate is for an additional full week of resort lodging...at least that is what the email states.

Can someone tell me more about this? Do I need to exchange anything for this or do I purchase this?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
Hi,
I received an email from II stating that I have a resort accommodation certificate that expires in February 2018.

The certificate is for an additional full week of resort lodging...at least that is what the email states.

Can someone tell me more about this? Do I need to exchange anything for this or do I purchase this?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!
It's restricted to certain resorts and dates, but no exchange of your unit. You have to pay to use it.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
You don't have to make a deposit, but you have to pay an exchange fee, and availability is limited. If you log onto your acct. you can look and see what is available with no commitment. Find the accommodations certificate and search with it and an availability chart will come up. If you go through the motions of making an exchange, you will be able to see all the fees. Just stop before you put in your credit card number, and the exchange will not actually go through.

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
I get these all the time and the fees to use them are normally higher than normal exchange fees.

That said I used my first one during Huricane Irma to leave Tampa area and stay in Orlando. Cost me I think $293 for a week in 2 bedroom at a Westgate Resort. Even got to take 3 dogs with me.

But depending on location you probably find better quality stuff in escapes for not to much more cost wise.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Think of it as a coupon that II gives you which allows you to reserve a qualifying week for about $274* + tax. The qualifying weeks are mainly in areas where II has excess inventory -- desert in summer, frozen tundra in winter-- but on occasion, some real gems are available.
*The redemption amount may vary. Do a test redemption of the coupon until you get to the price screen. You are not charged if you do not enter your credit card info.

Ambrosia920

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WGSM
Prices for accommodation certificate use vary depending on resort desirability and time of the year. These are great for use in "shoulder" and off seasons (when we prefer to travel anyway) and if you can travel on short notice/drive. I feel we do save $$$ (well not over staying HOME, but hey ...) We have gotten nice 2 BR units for as little as $99 ... just used one for a lovely week in Williamsburg in Oct during Yorktown Celebration Week, booked about a month before the certificate was due to expire. Paid $199 for a quiet 2 BR unit at a beautifully landscaped resort that was running an online $69 a night/1 BR special at the same time. As stated by others, keep looking for new options and inventory to appear right up to the expiration date!