TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TUG started 25 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Check out our happy birthday post here: Happy Birthday TUG!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $10,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $10Million dollars
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  9. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

Interval Eplus -- side effect

Discussion in 'Exchanging Timeshares' started by b2bailey, Oct 5, 2018.

1. b2bailey

b2bailey TUG Member

I recently traded my Gaslamp Plaza studio for 2nd tier Maui resort -- Thanksgiving week. I knew airfare would be costly, but not that much $$$. Have now added eplus while I ponder options.
    My surprise came in regard to expiration date. Originally had until August 2020. After adding eplus, expiration has dwindled to August 2019, so lost a year.

2. Lydlady

Lydlady TUG Member

Yep, I've had that happen before. And this made me realize I just did it again. :doh:I don't think it can always be avoided though.

3. tschwa2

tschwa2 Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    A few in SC, VA and FL, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, NY, UT, ME, WI, and TN plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
    The expiration date should be one year from the first exchange you made. So if you are exchaning for Thanksgiving 2018 you actually are already within flex and even if you use all 3 couldn't go beyond 6 months from the exchange. If you are exchanging for Thanksgiving 2019 the expiration should be November 2020. Depending on when you make the first exchange you can gain or lose time on your expiration. If after using all 3 retrades you can cancel the last one and get a replacement week which would be good for another year from the date you cancelled.

klpca likes this.
  4. TravelTime

TravelTime TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    MVC, DVC, WKOVRN, FSA, MKO
    I lost 18 months when I did an E Plus re-trade. I did not understand how it worked. I was told by II if you do an E Plus re-trade within 60 days, you only get 60 days past the re-trade date for another exchange. This is important to know that it hurts you to do a re-trade any earlier than what you already have, unless you are certain you like the re-trade.

5. BJRSanDiego

BJRSanDiego TUG Member

When I have had an exchange with a limited remaining "shelf life", I have always tried to book something as far out as the system will let me. That is often a year or more out. I have booked things that far out knowing 100% that I wasn't going to use it - - it was just a placeholder. Then I buy eplus. That potentially adds a year to the new shelf life. But the downside is that I am limited to manual searches.

hudshut, jackio, TravelTime and 2 others like this.