• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Internal Server Error/Jan. 2020 point reservation attempts

JohnB

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been unable to book a 2020 point reservation online. I am Chairman's Club so have access to 13 month inventory. When I try to place a reservation for beginning of January 2020 at ANY location, I continually get an internal server error message. When I call Owner Services, then have inventory. Owner services and my sales rep say that this is a known issue not involving just me, and technical support is working on it. The problem caused me to lose the opportunity of booking what I wanted when the inventory came available the first day, as my 9am logins were unsuccessful, and could not get what was desired via phone. What puzzles me is that I have not seen TUG members posting similar problems. Are any of you able to see Jan 2020 inventory online (whether or not there are open dates), particularly for Maui? I am using a Mac and have tried different browsers.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Known limitation when trying to book weeks and points at the 13 month mark. You can only call in and speak with VC to book it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
Same error when I try. Total BS!! MVC IT Sucks!!!!!!

JohnB

TUG Member
Reaction score
I previously have been able to book point reservations online during 12-13 month window. Was just told website is "upgrading" because of issues.

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
I encountered a similar issue a few months ago, and have also not been able to make the Jan 2020 reservations at this time. Previously, any check-in date for the '13th month' advance didn't become available until the middle of the month. This appears to be an ongoing problem.

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
This problem is becoming very frustrating. I tried again tonight to make reservations for January 2020, and am still receiving the internal error message. I even tried one night reservations and was unable to see any dates. I was able to make my 2019 January reservations in December 2017, so the website functionality is worse than ever. I also tried to send an email to customer care, but received an error message that the email address was incorrect. MVC should get their own house in order before buying more companies. This is very frustrating because the 13 month reservation access for chairman level is virtually worthless.

Has anyone been able to successfully make reservation via the website for January 2020?

Last edited:

csalter2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ko Olina
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Diamond Resorts Gold
Your post to states you are getting an internal error for a 2010 date. Well, that woomake sense since 2010 was many years ago.

jimf41

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm having the same problems with the website for January 2020. I called and was told they are having some problems but the rep said she'd check for me. I was looking for MFC in January 2020. She said nothing was available. I asked her to go back and look for single days. She then said there were 4 days available. I'm as unhappy with this as everyone else but if you need to make a reservation 13 months out it seems you can do it by calling them.

villager3388

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club and Tahiti Village
Also has been happening to me. Can't search more than 12 months out. Not only that on last Tuesday morning when I went to log in at vacation club the web sit was down from 5:30am to some time around 9:00am. Why can't they do maintenance at night and not at 9:00am when the website opens for reservations.

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is almost the end of the month, and the website still isn't working for Jan 2020 reservations. If they have these problems now, what will happen when they try to integrate other programs. The 13 month advantage is not worth much when the website doesn't allow it.

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
New year, same results. It is now January 2019, and it is still impossible to make a points reservation for January 2020. February 2020 has been added to the dropdown box, but when I selected Jan 2020 I continued to receive 'internal error' message. Has anyone had success making a Jan 2020 points reservation via the website?

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was finally able to access Jan 2020 inventory today, but there was very limited availability in Hilton Head. Surf Watch appears to only release 3 BR, and Barony only has Garden View. None of the smaller resorts have points availability. The 13 month reservation access doesn't appear to be that beneficial since it frequently doesn't work and only the lowest demand unit types seem to be available, at least for Hilton Head.

jimf41

TUG Member
Reaction score
The 13 month benefit never works at MFC in the Plat season. It usually opens up at 12 months though. This year is no different, 1-11-20 to 2-4-20 no availability even looking for 1 night stays. I think it's because there is a relatively small amount of points ownership at the resort and owners don't trade for points due to the small amount assigned.

The plus side is that when points do open up they are a bargain because of that initial assignment.

anilnagori

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Newport Coast Villas
Marriott's Timber Lodge
Marriott's Aruba Ocean Club
Marriott Grand Residence Club
Destination Points
I am getting this error when I try to book any place for dec 2019. Other months are fine only when it is dec 2019 I get this error. MVC IT sucks!!!