• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Inconvenient Website Maintenance, some angst

sea&ski

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been using online booking for my MVC usage for years. Even with slow internet, it was better than making reservations by phone. I always log in about 10 minutes early and start refreshing the booking page with about 2 minutes to go. Yesterday (Yes! It is leap year in 2020) I started my usual process and got a continual "sorry for the inconvenience, the website is undergoing maintenance at this time, please check back later" page. Yikes!!! Panic!!! What a time to do this, IT persons! So, I got out my trusty, dusty phone and called. Viola, success, answered and made right away! Couldn't be happier. Sorry to everyone who wasn't calling yesterday, thanks leap year, but worked out for us.

However, for anyone who worries about things going wrong with these processes that involve multiple humans, me, an operator, that IT guy who maintains the website... you can understand my disquiet when I logged in to the website, which did come back online right at 9 eastern, and saw that the option to book my week was still there. I called, was assured that I had a reservation but they couldn't explain why it wasn't appearing on my page. My reassurance to anyone who encounters this is that when you use a phone reservation option, it takes 24 hours to clear through the computer system. I did not know this. Big sigh of relief this morning.