• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

In what decade were you a teenager?

In what decade were you a teenager?

• 1930's

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1940's

Votes: 8 0.8%
  • 1950's

Votes: 83 8.4%
  • 1960's

Votes: 270 27.4%
  • 1970's

Votes: 307 31.2%
  • 1980's

Votes: 221 22.4%
  • 1990's

Votes: 82 8.3%
  • 2000’s

Votes: 13 1.3%
  • 2010’s

Votes: 1 0.1%

• Total voters

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
My teenage years were in the Swinging Sixties in England.
How very cool! You had the Beatles there!

Go 60's--we're leading the pack now!

Liz Wolf-Spada

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I love the 60's music and video. Graduated in '66, an early flower child, but didn't make it to Woodstock.
Liz

John Cummings

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I was a teenager in the Rock and Roll era of Bill Haley and the Comets, Buddy Holly, etc., and when Elvis was the king. I graduated HS in 1958. I was never a part of the hippy drug culture of the 60's.

DerekS

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I was a teenager in the Rock and Roll era of Bill Haley and the Comets, Buddy Holly, etc., and when Elvis was the king. I graduated HS in 1958. I was never a part of the hippy drug culture of the 60's.

Way to go John! my dates exactly match and I remember going to see "Rock around the clock" during my last year in h/s.

lainie3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Teenage years

I think I had the best of both worlds, as I was a teenager in the late 60's early 70's. Everything was going on in every genre. It has been nothing like it sense!

Lynn

fring

Reaction score
Based on the poll results, most people here are in their late 40's or early 50's.

BTW my teenage years was in the 80's and 90's

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Based on the poll results, most people here are in their late 40's or early 50's.

BTW my teenage years was in the 80's and 90's
There are quite a few of us in our 60's, too.:D

silverfox82

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Class of 65, viet nam vet, viet nam war protester, plain clothes hippie. Don't regret a minute of it and still have some of the fire left.

kelela92

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can I vote twice? I'm equally split. I guess it doesn't matter. I'm not in the "big" groups anyways.

roadtriper

TUG Member
Reaction score
1970's but you know what they say... "It's never too late to have a happy Childhood! " RT

Jon77

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - Flamingo
Eagle's Nest on Marco Island
Loved the 60's

I was a teenager from 1961 to 1967, graduating from High School in 1966. My wife and I have been weeks timeshare owners since 1977.

Would "How long have you been in timeshare?" be an interesting topic for another thread?

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Would "How long have you been in timeshare?" be an interesting topic for another thread?
I think that would be very interesting. I'll start one in the Lounge.

akbmusic

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ditto

I was a teenager in the 80s - era of bad fashion, bad hairstyles, and bad music, and I partook in all three.

I am genuinely sorry to have missed the 60s.

:D Don't forget the rise of bad food as well! At least in Indiana, that is when the rise of chain "sit down" restaurants like Chi-Chis and Cheddars... came into being, make even the food worse!

jamstew

TUG Member
Reaction score
I only had two years in the 50's, but I loved being in on the beginning of RnR. I also loved "Your Hit Parade.":) There are chunks of the 60's that I don't remember very clearly, but I'm pretty sure I enjoyed them :D

B

BillWilliam

Hi All,
I was born in '43. so the 50's were my teenage years but I forgot to stop. While I worked hard I partied harder until I got married at 35. Well there were a few more parties but not as hardy as before. Like tonight there is a party, something about a 30 year anniversary or something I forget.:eek: Things you learn, You know the party is over? When they call out several truck loads of the Mexican Army to ask you kindly to leave.:wave: I used to like to ride motorcycles and we got a little rowdy at times.:cheer: How do you know your designated driver isn't qualified? When the tail gate of the pick up breaks and several people fall to the pavement, some kind soul saved me by grabbing my foot and dragging me behind the PU for a block before they could make the driver understand something was wrong. A few minor injuries. "Tiny", his biker handle, was in the bed just behind the driver and suggested to the driver that they change places by grabbing him by the neck and pulling the driver through the open window and dropping him on the street.:cool: Well that's all of the "G" rated stuff but we had a good time.
By,

Bill

Dave&Linda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Another 60s Teenager

Hadn't noticed this until now. Graduated HS in 1964 and am a Vietnam vet. Noticed somebody said they had seen "Rock Around the Clock" in the 1950s. I remember going to a movie theater in Worcester, MA with my mother and grandmother to see "Blackboard Jungle" with Glenn Ford. The movie (as some of you may well remember) featured "Rock Around the Clock" by Bill Haley and the Comets and opened the age of Rock & Roll. As such, regardless of when you were in your teens the following website should be of interest to you: http://www.tropicalglen.com/

Last edited:

Dave&Linda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Karen: Glad you like it. An old friend of mine recently sent me word of the site. It is really good and I often have it on as background music when I'm on TUG or other sites. Notice that on the site if you click on the year groups (50-54, 55-59, 60-64, etc) under "Additional Channels" you can click on the shuffle button on the jukebox to mix things up. Otherwise you get the music in alphabetical order by artist. Dave