• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

In RM first 2 weeks october- Grand mayan- any news?

vantovidanta

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Mayan
I know it's the low season. Any news updates or tips?

Anyone there now? Weather looks nice

Looking forward to not being so busy.

Curious about the weather and any facility closures or changes

Any deals specials or strategies to employ?

Let me know thanks friends

-Larry from Cloverdale BC

Flasher42

Reaction score
We will be there last week of October. Any information would be helpful?
Thanks,

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
You can check for facility closures on the Vidanta app. It’ll tell you if they’re currently closed and sometimes includes dates when they will reopen. Haven’t checked RM, but there are a number of spots closed in NV now for maintenance or low season capacity management.

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I see that Azur, Frida's, Gong and Tacos Break are closed now. I guess we'll all find out what's open and what's not when we get there!

vantovidanta

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Mayan
The Vidanta app works good.

Bummer about Gong being closed now. It appears Havana moon will be serving some Asian dishes though. And the other restaurants seem to have lots of selection so that's good.

I looked at a few webcams on the palladium page and the weather looks nice but the seaweed on shores does not. Can anyone confirm if there is a large amount of seaweed on the beach at RM?

Are there lots of mosquitoes?

Those coati racoon things really creep you out at night if they want food from you though. Last time I was at AI in RM they came right up to the dinner table!? yikes

Last edited:

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach (1Br, 2Br)
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach - Monte Cristo Estates
any update on the lazy river? Going in november.

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Projected completion is March, 2019.

Richard
love it - keeps getting later and later. I was there in March and was told september, then I was back in May and they said November.....

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
I know it's the low season. Any news updates or tips?

Anyone there now? Weather looks nice

Looking forward to not being so busy.

Curious about the weather and any facility closures or changes

Any deals specials or strategies to employ?

Let me know thanks friends

-Larry from Cloverdale BC

get the app
avoid sales
plan your week (they have several events only on specific nights) Monday mexican fiesta for example the app has current schedule (will be the same when you go)

enjoy the breakfast buffett
do a tour
go to playa del carmen and enjoy the town

We just like hanging out at resort and decompressing from life.

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
get the app
avoid sales
plan your week (they have several events only on specific nights) Monday mexican fiesta for example the app has current schedule (will be the same when you go)

enjoy the breakfast buffett
do a tour
go to playa del carmen and enjoy the town

We just like hanging out at resort and decompressing from life.
Just spent a week at Grande Luxxe. Mexican Fiesta was on Thursday Eve and required a reservation. We did not attend.

Richard

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Just spent a week at Grande Luxxe. Mexican Fiesta was on Thursday Eve and required a reservation. We did not attend.

Richard
Forgot to say Mexican Fiesta was at el Lago Restaurant.

Richard

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score

Richard

Yeah, personally I'd rather go to Xcaret and do their night show, even though it's all in Spanish. We did the dinner as well, and it was pretty good.
Although transportation may be pricey, but we did the park in the day and then went to the show (long day, BTW).

The Mexican fiesta was OK at Del Lago, although my mother was not impressed with the scantily clad "cowgirl" act (LOL)

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
...Just spent a week at Grande Luxxe...

Richard

Richard, did you exchange into Grand Luxxe? Do you know if there were any restrictions on the GL amenities for exchangers? I'm counting down the days until our family vacation there!

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Richard, did you exchange into Grand Luxxe? Do you know if there were any restrictions on the GL amenities for exchangers? I'm counting down the days until our family vacation there!
Hi PamMo.

No, we did not exchange into Grande Luxxe and I'm not aware of any rerestrictions on GL amenities exchangers would have. If you would like more detail, suggest you call Owner Services and ask.

Have a great trip.

Richard

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
That map is pretty out of date. The current map is available on the Vidanta website or on the app, which will also use the GPS on you phone as you go around the resort.

rpennisi

Reaction score
Having stayed at GM7, that would be my choice.
But nothing wrong with 1-7 for GM.

vantovidanta

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Mayan
Was put in room 1424

I complained and was moved to 3424

Much better

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
So,did they move you from the 1st floor to the 3rd floor in the same building? Would that be building 4? That one is in the center of the 7 original GM buildings. A pretty good location.

vantovidanta

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Mayan
So,did they move you from the 1st floor to the 3rd floor in the same building? Would that be building 4? That one is in the center of the 7 original GM buildings. A pretty good location.
Building 2. Its good

It's almost as if they tried to get away at first to give us the bad room to see if we would just accept it. No no. Im from canada. My standards are high however most people would probably complain. 3424 is totally clean and refreshed I'd say

I was shown a luxxe residence. It was nice but more than we need.

Attachments

• 20180929_114244.jpg
    20180929_114244.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 63

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
What is that photo of? Surely not a Grand Mayan unit? It looks pretty amazing!

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Looks like a view down from the upper floor of a Grand Luxxe 2 or 3 BR Loft unit; he said they showed him the Luxxe Residence units, but it’s too high an angle to be in the 4 BR ones, which are all one story. Those ones are very nice and include an actual wall oven, a dishwasher and a washer/dryer.

Here are some pictures of a 2 BR one in NV: https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/rWVTOLtjAwmsSktGKIOgLjAI6aBaSPeytDWunlQUzfd

Last edited:

vantovidanta

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Mayan
Yes i went to the owner update they tried to buy back my NV cirque celebrate park studio week and also showed me the luxxe unit pictured. They said the cirque de soleil weeks will be highly sought after.

The luxxe unit was magnificent but much more than i need i can afford. Maybe one day i can stay there somehow but i have no desire to buy it.

With my 2 kids 5 and 6 years old the grand mayan 1 bed is more than sufficient for our needs as it is also close to the main pools for the little ones to get to.

Luxxe is so far away. The luxxe pool is just ok but has nice furniture. Beach club is pretty cool and the architecture is nice and luxurious but pools a bit cramped but is still fine for a dip. It was nice to check out the beach club for sure once or twice but it really isnt necessary especially on a frequent basis, its more just a change of scenery thing.

Salum is pretty cool and it is open to all.

Attachments

• 20180929_114426.jpg
    20180929_114426.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 39