• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

IMPORTANT! We have a Tugger running for the WKORV BOD!

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Why don't you guys propose the cut down all the trees so they won't block your view. While you're at it take out all the grass and replace it with concrete, that way you can all have chairs by the pools. How many complaints will they get then?
I personally like the balance of the resort, But I didn't pay for a tree/ocean view either.
Good Luck on your fight.

You lost me here - Were there complaints about views at the meeting? What balance are you referring to?

What else can you tell us about the meeting? What were some of the discussions?

Last edited:

DanCali

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana, Marriott, DVC
Why don't you guys propose the cut down all the trees so they won't block your view. While you're at it take out all the grass and replace it with concrete, that way you can all have chairs by the pools. How many complaints will they get then?
I personally like the balance of the resort, But I didn't pay for a tree/ocean view either.
Good Luck on your fight.

Yes, you lost me too. I actually don't own WKORV anymore but that is because I had too many concerns. If things improve, maybe I'll become an owner there one day again. Keeping my fingers crossed because I think whatever happens here - other resorts will follow.

Last edited:

oneohana

TUG Member
Reaction score
You lost me here - Were there complaints about views at the meeting? What balance are you referring to?

What else can you tell us about the meeting? What were some of the discussions?

Alot of the meetings I didn't know exactly which association they were talking about.:shrug: I think there were 4 different ones.

The complaints were that their ocean views were blocked by trees even from the 4th floor. That was part of the room assignmets that I refered to. Sorry I wasn't clear. I was just trying to post basics so I could get back to our vacation.

Costco cheap prices- those are owned by Starwood. They can do what ever they please with them. Room rates are dropping everywhere. Better to get something than nothing.

The balance, is from the total layout of the resort (trees, grass, buildings) other TS I've visited has such a sterile feel to them.

The main topics were unpaid mf's, taxes, and trees.

The topic about the trees out front is that now that the ground cover is grown in, they can have an engineer review the area to see if they can cut back the non-native trees. They were concerned about errosion before. That is why they couldn't cut them back at the time.

Other complaints were unsupervised children in the hot tubs. 2 yaer old pooping in the tub. one owner admitted her childeren were in there, but they were not the ones causing any trouble.:hysterical:

Many owners left there feeling better after talking with Greg about their issues. He said that if you have a problem, to give him a call. Sorry I didn't remember to bring his number home.

OT, the staff did an excellent job during and after the tsunami warning. Even the guests were cooperating.:cheer:
It must have been a mad scramble because the "all clear" was lifted at around 1:40pm. They had to get the guests out of the rooms, cleaned, and the new guests situated.

If you guys have any other questions, please let me know. Hopefully I can remember what was said.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Thanks so much for clarifying - what was the response about maintenance fees and property taxes?

oneohana

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, you lost me too. I actually don't own here anymore but that is because I had too many concerns. If things improve, maybe I'll become an owner there one day again. Keeping my fingers crossed because I think whatever happens here - other resorts will follow.

Hi Dan,

I thought that you got rid of your WKORV. Maybe I missed that post.

I don't know where I lost you and Denise. I was just giving solutions to the complaints.
Owners complaing that trees block their view, so get rid of them. Others complain that there are not enough chairs, pour concrete where the grass is and put more chairs. If you did that, would the owners be happy?

The trees are fine, as long as they don't block "their" view. That was the attitude potrayed by many.

I went to the HOA meeting because I just wanted to see what happens there. I'm never able to make it to the meetings where I own at. Just to get a feel of how they operate.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I don't know where I lost you and Denise.

In your first post, I didn't understand who you were addressing - I thought perhaps there had been a complaint on TUG about the trees/views.

Good Luck on your fight.

But from your second post, I understood that you were addressing people at the meeting and their complaints:

The complaints were that their ocean views were blocked by trees even from the 4th floor. That was part of the room assignmets that I refered to. Sorry I wasn't clear. I was just trying to post basics so I could get back to our vacation.

I believe Dan sold his WKORV week.

What about the MF and taxes?

THANKS!

Last edited:

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
Here's an example of a website the Sands of Kahana owners made to fight their BOD.

http://www.sands-of-kahana.com/

Looks like a judge sided with these owners in releasing a list of owners so that they could communicate with other owners:

SOK, whole unit owner, Bill Vinson's lawsuit to get the roster of SOK owners so it would be available to all owners, timeshare and whole unit alike, went to a hearing. The judge not only agreed with our attorney he even awarded attorneys fees. This is huge for us. We are no longer going to be in a stranglehold by CRI/CRM and their tightly controlled Board of Directors.

We do not know yet exactly how we will proceed at this very moment. We will be conferring with the whole owners and our attorney. He did say that it could take a few weeks to bring everything about. As soon as we have the list, we will be sending out a letter to everyone outlining what our opportunities are.

j4sharks

TUG Member
Reaction score
No need sue. Someone merely needs to request the WKORV HOA members list from Starwood as I mentioned a while back. This is your right under HI law, so ling as you ask in the specified manner. Suing would just waste our MF $$. Now, if you ask properly and then Starwood refuses, well that's another matter.

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
I'm not talking about suing. I'm simply pointing out how another group organized to try to wrest control away from the developer. They have a website and a person's name to write in as a proxy. We need to be more organized if we want to get on the HOA.