• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

II - we found something you might like

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
II many times calls with alternatives to your ogs. In the past when I tell them not to call with alternatives they haven’t but recently they have thus I stopped picking up the calls.

To my surprise today for the first time I received an email from II for an alternative to an ogs stating the resort and date. I like this new update, here is what it said just removed resort name and date...

We Found Something You Might Like!

We have found availability at (resort nane was given) for (date given) - but you need to act now! Call our Member-Services Center by end of business hours today to receive more information.

When you call the Member-Services Center, we can confirm your exchange or update your exchange request options.

Please note that if you do not call the Member-Services Center today, 6/6/2019, this unit will become available to other members, and we will continue the search to match your exchange request.

Do not wait! Call 1-800-822-2920 now! ”

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
They call our home and both of our cell phones. I am so tired of the calls. I see that phone number and just ignore the calls, but occasionally I answer. They have never had an alternative I could take.

A few days ago, they offered me a hotel room at Kahana Falls for a date I need to go with our Hono Koa unit (August). I need a 2 bedroom! I have lots of resorts I would take, but they offer me a very small unit for late August! I was so annoyed. If I didn't need a 2 bedroom, I would take that out of my search. I have to have a 2 bedroom. I am using a 2 bedroom to get a 2 bedroom.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
When I signed up with II, I specifically did not authorize them to call me. They bugged me a few times by email asking me to let them call me. I haven’t. So far, they haven’t called, even though my cell number is on my account. I don’t have any outstanding OGS on file, but they’ve come through twice with results of “Request first” exchanges that matched what I wanted. I hope it continues this way.

Dave

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
When I signed up with II, I specifically did not authorize them to call me. They bugged me a few times by email asking me to let them call me. I haven’t. So far, they haven’t called, even though my cell number is on my account. I don’t have any outstanding OGS on file, but they’ve come through twice with results of “Request first” exchanges that matched what I wanted. I hope it continues this way.

Dave
Need to check out if I said they can call, probably did but not aware.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.

Dave
Wise man or wise guy? LOL! I never thought of changing it. I admit that I thought it would benefit me by allowing them to call. It's a new day and age. I loved it when they called us about 25-40 years ago (we have been members that long),because there was no way to put in an ongoing search without calling, and when they did call, it was with a match.

Around 1998, all of that changed, and now I can do everything online and don't have to count on the phone calls.

I remember when I was student teaching in 1993, I got an urgent message through the principal that my husband needed me to call home on my first break. I went downstairs in a hurry to call him, and it was just that II found us a match for Orlando in early June and they needed us to confirm or let it go to another person. I had no idea Orlando was so overbuilt back then and we accepted a really terrible Westgate 2 bedroom unit. It was not nice at all. We were disappointed.

The internet has made us very picky about exchanges.

DAman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I too did not authorize II to call me on my cell phone. I finally removed my home telephone number from my account to eliminate the calls to my home.

When I signed up for RCI I gave them an incorrect number. Never was a problem. I finally got fed up with the RCI fees and let my account expire last year.

I agree with rickandcindy that the internet has made me very picky about exchanges. I know exactly what I want and when I want it.

I don't want to be bothered with calls. I wish they would email us with the information and give us 24/48 hours to respond. Kind of like how WM waitlist works.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I received that email yesterday also. I initially ignored the email, assuming it was marketing, due to its title. But later, I noticed I had missed a call from II, so I called back to see what they had on hold on my account.

The vacation advisor had Royal Oasis in Malaga, Spain, on hold on my account. It was an alternative to a request for Marriott Playa Andaluza.
When I finally read the email, later that evening, I realized it was a "real" email from II, offering me the Royal Oasis.
Wow, what an improvement! I'd much prefer the email.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
II many times calls with alternatives to your ogs. In the past when I tell them not to call with alternatives they haven’t but recently they have thus I stopped picking up the calls.

To my surprise today for the first time I received an email from II for an alternative to an ogs stating the resort and date. I like this new update, here is what it said just removed resort name and date...

We Found Something You Might Like!

We have found availability at (resort nane was given) for (date given) - but you need to act now! Call our Member-Services Center by end of business hours today to receive more information.

When you call the Member-Services Center, we can confirm your exchange or update your exchange request options.

Please note that if you do not call the Member-Services Center today, 6/6/2019, this unit will become available to other members, and we will continue the search to match your exchange request.

Do not wait! Call 1-800-822-2920 now! ”

I received a few of these emails for weeks you cannot see online. Today they offered me an alternative I took. It matched on a 2 bedroom but being it was for a 1 bedroom I asked if any of my 1 bedroom weeks had the trade power to get it and it did.

I had a great rep Roger, one of the best I have had with II. They can mark do not offer alternatives and if they offer alternatives they can say not to offer one offered already again.