• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

II V's RCI - My individual circumstances

ausman

TUG Member
Reaction score
My question is: If I use II for an exchange, do you think I would receive something equivalent to what I would receive using RCI TPU's ?

My circumstances are: Timesharing for a little less than 20 yrs but have never used II. I have a mini system that has resorts that can be deposited into RCI or II. In RCI I can reliably get 42 TPU's for a deposit utilising a HI 1BR, if I wait to obtain a summer week elsewhere then 46/47 TPU's is possible in a 2 BR but probably a 50/50 chance after doing it a few times. Going for the higher TPU value means the 42 TPU one is unavailable and I would have to settle for something lesser. These would be "standard" resorts, nothing fancy but obviously better demand.

II is running a special for the mini system ( MROP) of $99 for 3 years. My initial thought was "What the hell, at that price give it a go for the experience and getaways at least." Now, I'm wondering about a deposit. Current areas of interest for 2019 are New England and southern Spain.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
I did sort of the same thing as you. I have 5 weeks at different resorts. I joined II a couple of years ago. Got a good trade and they offered bonus weeks too. My resorts are not high TPU with RCI so you will probably be able to get lots of exchanges with II without having to pay upgrade charges.
After my membership expired with II we didn’t renew.
RCI has one more year til Membership expires, haven’t decided to stay with them either.
We have had good exchanges with other TUG members. If you go to Marketplace check out the places for exchange. Good Luck.
Silentg

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Are you looking for summer or are you ok with Spring and Fall? Can you go down to a 1 BR if need be? How far in advance would you need to confirm? I would imagine for Spain you would be looking at least 6 months in advance?

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
My thoughts: with II, unit size matters. If you could get a 2BR, do that.
II also has better Getaways and accommodation certificates. I would give it a try if it's $99 for three years.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
My question is: If I use II for an exchange, do you think I would receive something equivalent to what I would receive using RCI TPU's ?

My circumstances are: Timesharing for a little less than 20 yrs but have never used II. I have a mini system that has resorts that can be deposited into RCI or II. In RCI I can reliably get 42 TPU's for a deposit utilising a HI 1BR, if I wait to obtain a summer week elsewhere then 46/47 TPU's is possible in a 2 BR but probably a 50/50 chance after doing it a few times. Going for the higher TPU value means the 42 TPU one is unavailable and I would have to settle for something lesser. These would be "standard" resorts, nothing fancy but obviously better demand.

II is running a special for the mini system ( MROP) of $99 for 3 years. My initial thought was "What the hell, at that price give it a go for the experience and getaways at least." Now, I'm wondering about a deposit. Current areas of interest for 2019 are New England and southern Spain.
Go for the membership, it is a great price and this way you can see how it works for you. At minimum you can use it for getaways without trading your week.

You can do a request first without giving up your week. The limits are the trade must be for a week no later then the week you own.

If you let me know the resort, size and week you normally get I can let you know based on my experience if it will trade highly in II. Once in a while a week that has high trading power in rci has low trading power in II.

heathpack

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation

What is a "HI 1BR"?

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am thinking the price of $99 for 3 years is not a regular membership, rather the adding of Platinum or Gold to a regular. If I am wrong, someone please correct me because I would renew mine immediately at that price.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
$99 for 3 years due to a membership special for your min-system.....I would do it.

You weeks would be enrolled - but not deposited. II lets you play with non deposited weeks and search for availability. Granted, you would only see leftovers after all OGS have been filled, but it will at least give you an idea. They allow allow request first. So you can keep your home reservation in your pocket if you want and put in a request - if it matches then you can deposit. DO NOTE: It is said Deposit First does not get as much trade power as full deposit, I'm not sure how accurate it is.

In the end, you can get some great Getaways and who knows, maybe they will even through a Freebie AC at you for use.

Now...with that all said. I know nothing of Spain options - but I do know New England very well. RCI does have ALOT more inventor in New England that II. I would also venture to say that most (not all) of the gold crown in II are dual crown in II are dual affiliated.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I would sure go for II over RCI. The exchange fee is $239 for RCI, $199 for II. Look at the II directory of resorts and find a resort that is in prime demand (look at the index for each resort and at the calendar for high demand) and deposit a week that has high demand.

ausman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you all for the responses. For any lingering issues, the HI 1BR indeed refers to a Hawaii 1 bedroom and the $99 for 3 years is a special offer for MROP owners. It is actually good until 12/31/18. Since there are rarely any postings concerning current MROP ownership it probably is not applicable for any readers of this thread.

I had decided before posting initially to take advantage of the offer, mainly because the price was so good and to see some II screens and the getaway availability. Since the offer expires 12/31/18 I'll probably wait a few months to do so, exercising October maybe, so as to extend the end period.

Since with RCI TPU's I get 3 exchanges in a two year period. Two in prime time and the other in a shoulder season ie July or Sept usually. Thus getting at least a prime time equivalent is important. I will play around in the II site for a while before deciding whether to deposit. The 1 BR plus upgrade fee V's a 2 BR exchange, if comparable will be something to look at later.

brg850

Reaction score
I also have a MROP timeshare and saw the offer a few months ago. Did not take the offer since I already have an Interval account good for another two years.

Last week the yearly Interval travel planner guide came in the mail. The day before I was about to put it in the recycle bin, and noticed there's the cover letter with MROP logo inside the envelope.

According to the letter, Interval now has a deal with MROP to provide a two-year interval membership at no cost. At the bottom, it also says:

"To get started, visit intervalworld.com and create you member profile now!
Keep an eye on your mailbox - your Interval international membership kit will be arriving shortly."

So you just got a free two year interval membership. Don't know what happens if you have signed up already.

p.s. The new interval membership number is on the mailing label.