• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

II Thread On Hyatt Exchanges

WalnutBaron

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
There is an interesting thread running right now on the Interval International website's Getaways discussion boards about Hyatt exchanges. An apparently recent Hyatt owner who seems to have bought from the developer cannot see Hyatt exchanges or Getaways through her II membership with Hyatt. Eventually, she's apprised of the fact that Hyatt's rules require that she consider booking directly with Hyatt through a discount program and that Getaways and Exchanges back into Hyatt are not allowed (as all of us TUGgers know, thanks to our due diligence and education from the BBS and our fellow TUG members).

At the end, she's ready to toss in the towel on her Hyatt ownership and buy with Marriott or Vistana.

I feel for folks like this.

Here's the link.

Last edited:

Sapper

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
It's disappointing that Hyatt owners are not able to exchange or use getaways for other Hyatt properties. However, I see the other side where they don't want Hyatt owners gaming the points systems.

What concerns me more is what appears to be Hyatt dumping what I believe to be HPP units in the II getaway program. I'm sure they are doing this to get people in the door to sell the HPP deal. unfortunately, this removes availability to current Hyatt owners wishing to make an exchange.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Hyatt owners have never been able to book Hyatt exchanges through II. Marriott owners using points, either Trust or legacy converted can not exchange into a Marriott using points through II. I was surprised that they block Hyatt getaways from Hyatt owners. Hyatt owners with multiple units already get screwed compared to other systems as I believe they pay the full annual fee for each unit vs a discounted for the second and third units.

The fact that Hyatt can't exchange back into Hyatt through II also benefits non Hyatt owners as unlike Marriott and Vistana who get priority, all non owners get equal dibs based on the strength of the exchange.

WalnutBaron

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt owners have never been able to book Hyatt exchanges through II. Marriott owners using points, either Trust or legacy converted can not exchange into a Marriott using points through II. I was surprised that they block Hyatt getaways from Hyatt owners. Hyatt owners with multiple units already get screwed compared to other systems as I believe they pay the full annual fee for each unit vs a discounted for the second and third units.

The fact that Hyatt can't exchange back into Hyatt through II also benefits non Hyatt owners as unlike Marriott and Vistana who get priority, all non owners get equal dibs based on the strength of the exchange.
This is true, but I guess the disadvantage of having not only no priority, but no access at all, is that Hyatt deposits into II trade very powerfully within II. It's great to see how many TPU's a Hyatt trade generates and how far a Hyatt deposit can take a Hyatt owner in some very nice resorts.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef

This is how I was able to use my Vistana unit to book a Hyatt Windward Place for Memorial Day week last year...

Caligirlfrtx

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, SHERATON BROADWAY PLANTATION, GRAND PACIFIC PALISADES, SHERATON DESERT OASIS, HYATT COCONUT PLANTATION, RIVERVIEW RESORT
If I buy Hyatt resale and already have an II membership, could or should I keep the accounts separate in order that my other units can see the Hyatt availability?

Sapper

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think the accounts have to remain seperate because the Hyatt associated II account will be a corporate account. Even if they could be combined, I'd personally keep seperate in order to have the Hyatt availability on the non-Hyatt associated II account.