• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

II size upgrade offers with ongoing request

Chrispee

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been covered on the boards before, but I’m trying to understand how II handles size upgrades for ongoing requests? I have an exchange request using a 1br unit, requesting at a couple of resorts that only have 2br units. Now that there’s a size upgrade fee, does II call you prior to making an upgraded size exchange?

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
II is supposed to call you to see if you are willing to pay the upgrade fee. The question is whether they will actually leave a voicemail and hold the unit for 24 hours while awaiting callback from the owner.

MabelP

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
This is the email I received:

There’s a unit matched to your current Pending Request for The Marriott Barony Beach Club, SC. To be able to consider this unit, please contact Interval International at your earliest convenience today 09/07/17. We must speak with you today to be able to confirm this vacation.

Please DO NOT reply to this email.

Thank you very much.

Interval International

Vacation Assistance Department

(800)822-2920

9:00am to 11:00pm EST

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Interesting to see they are sending out automated emails. This is good news. Would be great if there was a link and system in place you could use to book online. Though better to call than to not be notified at all.

Judy

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Member
Reaction score
Now when you put in an ongoing request, it's possible to choose upgrades in unit size as part of the request. The cost is stated on the request and in the "Information about your vacation request" email that II sends automatically. The upgrade fee is charged when and if an exchange with an upgrade is confirmed. At least that's what I saw when I put in an ongoing request today. I haven't received a confirmation yet.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Now when you put in an ongoing request, it's possible to choose upgrades in unit size as part of the request. The cost is stated on the request and in the "Information about your vacation request" email that II sends automatically. The upgrade fee is charged when and if an exchange with an upgrade is confirmed. At least that's what I saw when I put in an ongoing request today. I haven't received a confirmation yet.
Yes, this is a new feature that was introduced a couple weeks ago.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
You can also modify any current OGSs to add the auto upgrade.

krj9999

TUG Member
Reaction score
+1 for II (finally) making this change to allow automatic size upgrades. I just put in an OGS today, and noticed the change (exchanging 1BR into 2BR or 3BR as those are the only sizes available at resorts I sent up the OGS for).