TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  7. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

II raised exchange fee to almost $200

Discussion in 'Exchanging' started by JoeMO, Aug 4, 2018.

1. JoeMO

JoeMO Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

I just booked a exchange week with II a it cost $199 for the exchange. It used to be $174. When did this increase? I did not buy anything extra.

Thanks,
    Joe

2. tschwa2

tschwa2 Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    A few in SC, VA and FL, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, NY, UT, ME, WI, and TN plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
    II raised their fees by $10 on 1/1/18 to $199. Earlier in 2017 (maybe August 2017) they eliminated the "discount" for booking online so brought the online booking fee to $189 to match the call in booking fee. So it was a $25 increase in exchange fee over the last year for booking online.

Someone asked the same question on II's community page and I had to look at old post to get the info. Basically I commented that although RCI fees are higher and also continue to rise, at least they usually give multi month notice on price increases to give you a chance to book at the old rates and are pretty good at publicizing the increases. II on the other had usually gives less than 2 weeks notice on their price increases and tries to slip the information in, where unless you are specifically looking for the notification you won't find it.

3. Theiggy

Theiggy TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriotts Aruba Surf Club
    What is the exchange fee for Marriott to Marriott now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. rickandcindy23

rickandcindy23 TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Wyndham Plat,RCI pts,Shell,WorldMark,OKW,SSR pts; Marriott's Willow Ridge;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa; SBP; Blue Ridge Village.
    I think it was $144 for Marriott-Marriott.

5. Sugarcubesea

Sugarcubesea TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    SDO, QH, & Pinestead Reef
    Does anyone know what the exchange fee is for Vistana to Vistana?

6. klpca

klpca TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, HGVC Bay Club
    $144. I just made an exchange on July 17th.

7. Sugarcubesea

Sugarcubesea TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    SDO, QH, & Pinestead Reef
    Thank you