TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  7. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

II Pending Confirmed?

Discussion in 'Exchanging' started by Caligirlfrtx, Apr 6, 2018.

1. Caligirlfrtx

Caligirlfrtx Guest

If I made a deposit on a 2019 unit, do the MF have to be paid first in order for the resort to confirm? I have a pending confirmation right now and I want to make sure that it goes through

2. scootr5

scootr5 Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Quarter House, Wyndham Avenue Plaza - Mardis Gras week, Wyndham points
    Only your resort can answer for sure, but in almost every case yes. Otherwise, what's to stop you from using the exchange and then defaulting on the maintenance fees for 2019, leaving your week unusable for whomever exchanged in to it?

Caligirlfrtx likes this.
  3. Caligirlfrtx

Caligirlfrtx Guest

Thanks, I'm waiting for them to open so I can call. I'm just super excited, it's a very good exchange.

4. Saintsfanfl

Saintsfanfl TUG Member

I don't know of any resort or system that allows depositing without the fee paid except Marriott.

5. tschwa2

tschwa2 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    A few in SC, VA and FL, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, NY, UT, ME, WI, and TN plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
    I think there are also a few that pay monthly or quarterly and you have to be up to date but don't necessarily have to be ahead in order to deposit (I am thinking Worldmark). There are still a few independent resorts that do not make you pre-pay but they are becoming scarce.

One problem to note if you deposit and then make an exchange and you own at a resort that requires prepayment, the status can go from pending to unconfirmed and you could lose that exchange. In many cases if you make the deposit and pay the same day you should be ok but it is possible that II could try to confirm immediately and the payment you just made might not show up as confirmed on the resort side so they could deny the deposit and even though you just paid.

Caligirlfrtx likes this.
  6. Caligirlfrtx

Caligirlfrtx Guest

Paid it and got confirmation but in zealous rush, I booked a studio when I actually need at least a one bedroom now I don't know what to do... cancel and get on an ongoing search or sit for a while with my e-plus, (thank goodness I bought that). Advice?

7. hudshut

hudshut TUG Member

You have 24 hours (or til close of business) to call II to cancel. Since I presume you confirmed this manually today, you have until the same time tomorrow. Tell them to put the request back to Pending status, and set size at minimum 1br.

8. Caligirlfrtx

Caligirlfrtx Guest

Is that the best to do, or is it better to keep it and trade using the eplus?

9. echino

echino TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Hyatt Piñon Pointe
    AFAIK you cannot use eplus for an ongoing search, so keep that in mind.

klpca and Caligirlfrtx like this.
  10. Caligirlfrtx

Caligirlfrtx Guest

My conflict is... would an ongoing search be more likely to find what I need or me searching manually, which I love doing by the way

11. hudshut

hudshut TUG Member

Absolutely. If it's available, it will match overnight. That's why you should cancel and set up the search.

Caligirlfrtx likes this.
  12. Saintsfanfl

Saintsfanfl TUG Member

Did you accidentally set the search for a studio or are you using a studio deposit? If it’s a studio deposit then your only option is to search manually.

Caligirlfrtx likes this.
  13. dioxide45

dioxide45 TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott's Grande Vista
    Marriott's Harbour Lake
    SVV - Bella
    SVV - Key West
    I think they did an instant exchange using a 1BR for a studio. If so, they are best to cancel the confirmed exchange and setup an 1BR for 1BR OGS. If they did a studio for studio instant exchange, an OGS won't help them.

14. taterhed

taterhed TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott's Grande Vista
    Marriott's Waiohai
    Worldmark x2
    1. Cancel the confirmation
    2. Redo the OGS for 1br min (assuming 1br deposit)
    3. Continue to instant exchange search to your hearts content
    4. ask them to note on request 'willing to pay upgrade fee' if they will
    ymmv

Caligirlfrtx likes this.
  15. Caligirlfrtx

Caligirlfrtx Guest

I did deposit a one bedroom. I guess my eyes played tricks on me because I could swear I saw it say one bedroom but when the conf. Came through it said studio. I'm sure it was my fault. It's ok. I canceled. And will keep trying. Thanks everyone for the help.

dioxide45 likes this.