TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TUG started 25 years ago this month in 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Check out our happy birthday post here: Happy Birthday TUG!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $10,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $10Million dollars
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  9. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

II - Open inventory before OGS match

Discussion in 'Exchanging Timeshares' started by mdurette, Oct 27, 2018.

1. mdurette

mdurette TUG Member

You have an OGS that doesn't match - but then you see a sighting for it in open inventory. What gives? I always assumed trade power issue.

But, yesterdays mini bulk of some Hyatts proved this is not always the case. Resorts are definitely being released to open inventory first.

Myself - While searching yesterday I saw a unit at Hyatt Windward Point - March 10th and proceeded with the exchange. I cancelled it this morning. The rep looked at my OGS and said do you want to remove the resort? Huh, I didn't even realize included it in my OGS. The fact is though, it was not the OGS that picked it up - it was done manually.

In sightings another tugger reported the same for Wild Oak. And other reported they had an OGS for Highland that didn't match, but should of IMO with their deposit considering what I was using to see them.

So yeah....OGS are not full proof. Can't "set it and forget it"

Panina likes this.
  2. tschwa2

tschwa2 Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    A few in SC, VA and FL, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, NY, UT, ME, WI, and TN plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
    Happens all the time with II. At this point I am surprised regular Tuggers are surprised when it happens. It happens both with bulk deposits, not every time but it might just be that if it is loaded at 3 am no one happens to be looking before the match process gets going. It also happens with individual deposits where someone has an OGS and then sees a unit (not necessarily as part of a bulk) that should have matched but didn't.

3. CMVer

CMVer TUG Member

I had an OGS for January in Orlando and one of the resorts and dates was available as I was searching one day. I watched it for four days before it matched the search. I didn't really want it to match yet because I wasn't sure of the dates which is why I didn't grab it, but I did think it was odd that the unit was sitting there in regular inventory for several days before it matched the OGS.

4. Panina

Panina TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Hgvc Eagles Nest, Hgvc Surf Club, Hgvc Indian River, Hgvc Anderson, Sunrise Bay & Club, Chetola, Gulf Tides, Jade Tree Cove, Banyan Resort, Blue Ridge Village
    I have never experienced this scenario yet but it doesn’t surprise me.

I have seen, I believe when they are running their programs, around 3am in the morning great weeks that appear just for a short time and disappear within a few minutes which makes me think they first run a program to put all new weeks into the system and then they run a second program to match requests. My guess is the second program, at times, for some reason is not being runned to match requests.

Just a guess on what I think could be happening. Can you tell I programmed computers for year?

5. dioxide45

dioxide45 TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott's Grande Vista
    Marriott's Harbour Lake
    SVV - Bella
    SVV - Key West
    This has seemed to be how II's system has worked for years. Best we could all speculate is that when a unit is first deposited, it goes in to general online available inventory. Then every so often their system comes through and sweeps these up for the overnight match process. Then during the overnight match, if it matches you get the email confirmation. HOwever, if you are searching when it is still sitting out there in general inventory before picked up in the regular sweep, you wonder why it didn't match. It seems that it is because it hasn't had the opportunity yet. This is why it pays to do regular searches throughout the day, even if you have an OGS setup.

6. marisajo

marisajo TUG Member

Mine was the Wild Oak that matched around 10am. I had seen the post in sightings and had logged in to make the match myself manually and then it got matched by OGS while I was in the process of doing the manual exchange. Luckily the week I wanted was still there 4 hours after spotted in open inventory. I wonder if this was always the case. It definitely seems like all my OGS are taking many more months to match than they ever did in the past. Guess I'll have to try to make checking part of my morning routine. Pretty much defeats the purpose of OGS.

7. davidvel

davidvel TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
    II should be taken to task for this. Yes, it has been well documented on this site. II takes your good money, and ties up your unit which can't be used, with the promise of an OGS which will match before inventory is released. II routinely fails on this promise, as their systems apparently aren't programmed to fullfill the promise. I think there's a legal term for this...

klpca and dioxide45 like this.
  8. Chrispee

Chrispee Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

I’m one of the few people who hopes II doesn’t solve this issue. The vast majority of my great trades are from units snagged late at night.

Panina likes this.
  9. rickandcindy23

rickandcindy23 TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Wyndham Plat,RCI pts,Shell,WorldMark,OKW,SSR pts; Marriott's Willow Ridge;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa; SBP; Blue Ridge Village.
    I didn't get my OGS match for a Westin 2/23, and I was able to book it with the same week that I used for my OGS.

10. Panina

Resorts Owned:
    Hgvc Eagles Nest, Hgvc Surf Club, Hgvc Indian River, Hgvc Anderson, Sunrise Bay & Club, Chetola, Gulf Tides, Jade Tree Cove, Banyan Resort, Blue Ridge Village
    Those late night snags are the best but usually a few minute opportunity.

Chrispee and klpca like this.
  11. Panina

Resorts Owned:
    In all fairness II needs to fix this. Mark or II, if you are reading this can you give us some insight on why this is happening? I still love my trades in II, overall they are the best value and have the best customer service.

12. mdurette

mdurette TUG Member

It is discouraging, some of these deposits that make it pass OGS are really good. I'm on II enough....but certainly not all the time to watch and see anything come through.

Curious - I know II dumps a lot of LM stuff at 7 am EST. Is there a specific time the overnight stuff gets put into the system?

13. Panina

Resorts Owned:
    It changes but I believe most times between 3 am and 4 am est.