• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

II Eplus strategy

johnf0614

TUG Member
Reaction score
So do your first trade to a resort with a week in Jun 2021. After the trade, you will see the new expiration as Jun 2022 and you will be able to retrade into any resort up to the Jun 2022 expiration.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk
Got it. Will do!! Thanks so much!

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is minor and unlikely to be encountered but just be aware that if you use all three retrades the expiration will revert back to July 2021. Whatever your last reservation is you can keep regardless of the date being after the expiration.

johnf0614

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is minor and unlikely to be encountered but just be aware that if you use all three retrades the expiration will revert back to July 2021. Whatever your last reservation is you can keep regardless of the date being after the expiration.
So I cancel to receive the replacement week. Does the 1 year start at my last reservation date? Or the date of cancelation?

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
So I cancel to receive the replacement week. Does the 1 year start at my last reservation date? Or the date of cancelation?
the date of cancellation and I have found that they want the end of your week (not the beginning) to conclude within one year of the cancellation.

TheHappyWanderer

TUG Member
Reaction score
So do your first trade to a resort with a week in Jun 2021. After the trade, you will see the new expiration as Jun 2022 and you will be able to retrade into any resort up to the Jun 2022 expiration.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

I have one question I can't seem to find an answer to. In the above scenario, say you do your first retrade out to the maximum one year from your June 2021 exchange (so let's say in February 2021 you do your first retrade all the way out to just before the new June 2022 expiration date). Then in May 2022, if you find you can't go to that one, do your second and third retrades still have to be made into a week prior to the new June 2022 expiration date, or do you get another 59 days from June 2022 for both the second and third retrade, bringing you to as late as October 2022?

TheHappyWanderer

TUG Member
Reaction score
To try to make my above question more succinct, I understand that after you do an initial exchange and buy E-Plus, your E-Plus expiration date extends out 1 year from the travel date of that exchange. So is that expiration date hard and fast, or can your retrades possibly extend that expiration date?

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
To try to make my above question more succinct, I understand that after you do an initial exchange and buy E-Plus, your E-Plus expiration date extends out 1 year from the travel date of that exchange. So is that expiration date hard and fast, or can your retrades possibly extend that expiration date?
That is the expiration but after your 3rd retrade you can cancel the final exchange and get a cancellation replacement week that would be good for one year from the date that you requested the replacement week. So if your eplus expiration is Dec 31, 2020 and you have your final eplus retrade for that date, you could call up around Oct 30 and your replacement week would expire 0ctober 30, 2021. You can do an ongoing search with it as long as you cancelled more than 59 days from check in. You would have to pay another exchange fee and you could put eplus on the first exchange with the replacement week. I do not believe you could get a second replacement week off the same week if you use all of those up.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score

It is a hard search window. The only way to search past the E-plus expiration date is to exhaust the free retrades but then you would still be bound to the original deposit expiration date. As tschwa2 explained it is better to cancel and get the replacement week because you have to pay a full exchange fee anyway once the E-plus is used up.

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just want to bump this thread up for people who might be trying to figure out what to do with all their Covid-cancelled weeks. This thread has been EXTREMELY helpful to me!

Many thanks to all you retrade and ePlus experts who posted such helpful advice here! :clap:

zentraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Four Seasons Residence Club
Thank you PamMo. I haven't gone through the thread yet, but have E+ on a trade for December - my first one - and will probably need advice. And yes, fallout from a Covid-cancelled week(s).

Marathoner

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I was planning to go to Aruba and stay at the Marriott Surf Club next week. Due to the CDC advisory warning US residents to avoid non-essential travel to Aruba due to the rise of COVID cases from virtually zero to a thousand a day in the past month they've been allowing tourists into the country, I decided to cancel our trip today.

The week I had exchanged was an enrolled Marriott week in a corporate account. Since Marriott to Marriott exchanges are free in a corporate account, I exchanged into a (random) Marriott week the furthest out I was permitted, which was 30 days from today since I am in the flexchange period. With the new exchange, the system gave me an option to purchase eplus for $59 which I did. I then did 2 free eplus trades of 60 days each so that I could exchange into one of the Marriotts in Vail early in the new year for a ski trip. I have one free eplus exchange remaining in case I want to make one more trade closer to the time I depart.

So, in this case, eplus has been great to me as it allowed me to reschedule my summer vacation into a potentially nice winter vacation! Win-win for II because they made money off of my eplus purchase and I did not feel that I was left stranded due to COVID.

Last edited:

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well played, Marathoner!

Denise L

Tug Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Starwood/Vistana, Disney, Hyatt, HGVC
I am working on placing a request and was planning to purchase the E-Plus. If I cancel the request before anything matches, is the E-Plus refunded? Also, do I have 5 days from placing the request to add the E-Plus for $59?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I am working on placing a request and was planning to purchase the E-Plus. If I cancel the request before anything matches, is the E-Plus refunded? Also, do I have 5 days from placing the request to add the E-Plus for $59?
I can't answer the first one, but I think you can add EPlus at any time while the request is active. You have until 5 days past the date of a confirmed exchange to add EPlus. So if you get the match in October, you then have five days from the date of the match to add it.

Denise L

Tug Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Starwood/Vistana, Disney, Hyatt, HGVC
I can't answer the first one, but I think you can add EPlus at any time while the request is active. You have until 5 days past the date of a confirmed exchange to add EPlus. So if you get the match in October, you then have five days from the date of the match to add it.

Thank you! I haven't had to deal with an exchange in a while (using a replacement week). I went ahead and placed the request without the E-Plus for now, and I can plan to add it later!

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I always wait to see what exchange I get to determine whether e-plus is necessary.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
It is really cheap insurance so I add it to everything no matter how strong the exchange is.
I started adding every time after Covid-19 because the II people are so much more likely to re-trade to something very far out for me, right then and there, as long as I can see something online I want. Then I still have the retrades ahead of me, and that is so helpful.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
It is really cheap insurance so I add it to everything no matter how strong the exchange is.
Since we mainly do Marriott to Marriott trades, we have never added it until we traded into Hyatt in Key West for this November. So many unknowns with travel during the pandemic, we felt it was good insurance to buy. Total all in though our exchange fees + upgrade + eplus were nearly $400. That is on top of the MFs for our week. Though I guess we came out ahead since we used a studio for the trade. Of course, if we can't go and have to Eplus out of that, it will likely be into Orlando and that would be a pretty poor value.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Since we mainly do Marriott to Marriott trades, we have never added it until we traded into Hyatt in Key West for this November. So many unknowns with travel during the pandemic, we felt it was good insurance to buy. Total all in though our exchange fees + upgrade + eplus were nearly $400. That is on top of the MFs for our week. Though I guess we came out ahead since we used a studio for the trade. Of course, if we can't go and have to Eplus out of that, it will likely be into Orlando and that would be a pretty poor value.

I just don't have a corporate account and I retrade heavily so for me it makes alot of sense.