TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 25 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $12,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $12Million dollars
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  8. TUG has now joined Priceline.com as an affiliate!

Members and guests who book air travel, rental cars and even Cruise Vacations thru TUG's priceline links will now support TUG in the process!

Read more here
  9. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

II Eplus strategy

Discussion in 'Exchanging Timeshares' started by Chrispee, Jan 7, 2017.

1. happymum

happymum TUG Member

Received a prompt and helpful email from Mark. This is the relevant excerpt:

Thank you for your email and for the thorough explanation. When you use

all three E-Plus retrades, you are left with a few options. You may

keep the current confirmation and use it yourself or allow a guest to

use it. You may also complete a standard retrade to another resort and

date (taking into consideration how close you are to the current check

in date). The option of a standard retrade would require the full

exchange fee to complete. Finally, you can cancel your confirmation

and receive a replacement week good for one year from the day you cancel

your current confirmation. As you indicated, this replacement week

requires a fee to redeem and may be restricted based on when you cancel

the current confirmation.

klpca likes this.
  2. tschwa2

tschwa2 Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    A few in SC, VA and FL, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, NY, UT, ME, WI, and TN plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
    You can also added eplus to the replacement week.

3. cyntravel

cyntravel TUG Member

Thanks for all the information!

4. LWiZ1957

LWiZ1957 Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Westgate Town Center
    Need a little help. This is my first time fully using my E-Plus. Normally, it has been one trade to get to the week I wanted. My original week check-in was 25 May 19. I traded out to 21 Jul 19 and then to 18 Sep 19. I am trying to get to a check-in of 21 or 22 Dec 19. Having one re-trade left I am not quite sure what move to make in order to get to a check-in date of 21/22 Dec 19; any suggestions?

5. dioxide45

dioxide45 TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott's Grande Vista
    Marriott's Harbour Lake
    SVV - Bella
    SVV - Key West
    I suspect that your first retrade was inside of 59 days from checkin, thus why you have gone only about two months out each time? If so, unfortunately at this point you can only retrade out to the middle/end of November with your last retrade. The only way you can get to December is to cancel the exchange, get a cancellation replacement week/deposit which will be valid for one year from the date that you cancel. At that time you can then use that deposit to do a brand new exchange to December. You will have to pay the full exchange fee and you will lose the money you paid for ePlus also. Though you can add ePlus to the new exchange.

klpca likes this.
  6. elked12

elked12 Guest

Resorts Owned:
    MVC Aruba Surf Club
    When you say you checked every single day, how are you checking for the new availability? Sorry, I'm brand new to II so might be a stupid question? Thanks.

7. Saintsfanfl

Saintsfanfl TUG Member

You check availability by attempting an E-Plus retrade.

8. hudshut

hudshut TUG Member

Elked12:
    KarenP means that she logged in to II.
    She selected: My History > Exchanges, found the confirmed exchange on which she had purchased E-plus, and pressed the "Start E-plus retrade" button. This allowed her to search online for currently available inventory.

KarenP and klpca like this.
  9. elked12

elked12 Guest

Resorts Owned:
    MVC Aruba Surf Club
    Right on. I get it now. So you need to do E-plus to do it. Would this scenario work? I put in an ongoing request for Aruba Surf Club for the timeframe December to March by using a deposited studio at Aruba Surf Club in say July (obviously because mine's in the Gold Season) ....enter for the upgrades to one or two bedrooms for the posted fees. Down the road I get accepted but just for a Studio......I accept it and purchase E-Plus and continually search for a 1 or 2 bedroom and if it comes up I retrade to it and pay the upgrade fee? Thanks for your help.

Last edited: May 20, 2019
  10. Saintsfanfl

Saintsfanfl TUG Member

Yes, and if you pull the upgrade 59 days or less from check-in then there is no fee. Obviously paying the fee earlier is ideal if it comes up.

11. elked12

elked12 Guest

Resorts Owned:
    MVC Aruba Surf Club
    Does anyone have experience doing what I set out in my scenario? and what should my expectations be for success?

12. Saintsfanfl

Saintsfanfl TUG Member

I have done it many times. Success just depends on how hard it is to get the week you are after. If not extremely difficult I usually just leave the request as the larger size rather than trying to manually check every day after getting the studio.

13. elked12

elked12 Guest

Resorts Owned:
    MVC Aruba Surf Club
    My search will be from Dec 1, 2019 to March 31, 2020 so hopefully that'll give me enough range to get something. Thank you

14. Marathoner

Marathoner TUG Member

Not likely to match with peak Aruba season this late into the year. It is possible but not likely.

Hope for the best, plan for the worst!

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

15. dioxide45

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott's Grande Vista
    Marriott's Harbour Lake
    SVV - Bella
    SVV - Key West
    The first two weeks in December is what is most likely to come through.

hudshut likes this.
  16. elked12

elked12 Guest

Resorts Owned:
    MVC Aruba Surf Club
    Oh wow. I didn't realize it would be THAT hard but oh well, worse case I use my booked week. Thanks All.

17. LWiZ1957

LWiZ1957 Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Westgate Town Center
    Thanks for the advice. Yes, my first retrade was inside 59 days from check-in. My first retrade was 18 May 19. I would have checked in on 25 May 19. When I did the first retrade on 18 May it only allowed my 13 May 19 to 23 Jul 19. There were no check-in dates of 23 Jul 19 so I had to chose 21 Jul. The next retrade only allowed me to retrade out to 18 Sep. So once I made that second retrade I realized I was not going to be able to make it out the check-in date I wanted. Being new at this hurt me, for I relied on the II rep to give me advice, telling me that I would make it out to Christmas time if I did, what I did. Now I realize that I needed to start much early...outside the 59 day before check-in date. Again...thanks for the advice.

18. Panina

Panina TUG Review Crew: Elite TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Hgvc Eagles Nest, Hgvc Surf Club, Hgvc Indian River, Hgvc Anderson, Sunrise Bay & Club, Chetola, Gulf Tides, Jade Tree Cove, Banyan Resort, Blue Ridge Village
    So I have a different scenario. I had to cancel a week within the 59 day period. I got a replacement week good thur April 2020.

So if I understand correctly if I traded it today and took eplus, I could go out 59 days and then go out three more times 59 days so approximately under 8 months in the future to about February 2020.

Now lets suppose I waited until February 2020 to do my first trade and traded for a week in April 2020 (thats when the week expires) taking eplus. Would eplus allow me to trade into October 2020?

I probably will find something to use before but just in case want to know my options. Might be a Mark question.

19. dioxide45

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott's Grande Vista
    Marriott's Harbour Lake
    SVV - Bella
    SVV - Key West
    The latter should be true. If you wait until February, your ePlus expiration date will be one year from the checkin date of the exchange. Since it is restricted to 59 day intervals, you won't be able to get the full year benefit, but should be able to go to about Oct 2020.

mauitraveler likes this.