• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

II: Cancellation Policy of a confirmed exchange (Did not purchase EPlus)

SunsetMaven

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
Hyatt Beach House
Disney Bay Lake
Disney Animal Kingdom
Disney Grand Floridian
Hi all,

I've called Interval and asked them. I've read the TUGBBS FAQ (but it seems like it was from quite a few years ago) on Interval. I've also read the fine print on the Terms and Conditions when I checkout on an exchange. I'm getting conflicting responses so I want to ask here to see if someone knows for certain.

I have a confirmed week obtained via exchange for Week 2 (2020) in January. My home resort is a Vistana resort (SBP). I am within the 14 to 59 day period right now from check-in date.

When I called II, the agent told me that as long as I decide before the 14 day mark - I could either (1) pay to exchange ($209 for a non-Vistana resort or $154 for Vistana) and they have an extended exchange period going out to end of May 2020 at the moment. OR (2) I could just cancel my week and they would give me a week back in my account but I would have to travel within 12 months and the exchange fee is $209 regardless of what the new resort booking will be (Vistana or not). This is a one time thing only so I wouldn't be able to cancel again although I could purchase EPlus on it.

Are those actually my options? Like is that actually what happens? Anything else I could do?

Thanks all!

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
Cancelling without Eplus and rebooking involves paying an additional exchange fee.
At this point, normally you would be limited to searching within the flexchange period. You can extend that a bit by buying eplus and doing successive trades of 59 days or less to move it out. However, if there is a current deal extending that timeframe from 59 days to May, then grab it.

If the timeframe is over 59 days, then you have a year from the cancellation date (option 2 but you they may have mistaken the dates).

Caveat: I don't know what special rules Vistana may have for exchanging.

SunsetMaven

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Beach House
Disney Bay Lake
Disney Animal Kingdom
Disney Grand Floridian
Thanks! So what you're saying is within the 14 to 59 day period, there is no option to cancel and have the week put back into my account for 12 months. It sounds like that option is only available for cancellations outside of 59 days then?

I am skeptical because the rep I spoke with wasn't very confident in all her answers and I just want to make sure I have the correct info before I decide what to do.

thanks!

Cancelling without Eplus and rebooking involves paying an additional exchange fee.
At this point, normally you would be limited to searching within the flexchange period. You can extend that a bit by buying eplus and doing successive trades of 59 days or less to move it out. However, if there is a current deal extending that timeframe from 59 days to May, then grab it.

If the timeframe is over 59 days, then you have a year from the cancellation date (option 2 but you they may have mistaken the dates).

Caveat: I don't know what special rules Vistana may have for exchanging.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Thanks! So what you're saying is within the 14 to 59 day period, there is no option to cancel and have the week put back into my account for 12 months. It sounds like that option is only available for cancellations outside of 59 days then?

I am skeptical because the rep I spoke with wasn't very confident in all her answers and I just want to make sure I have the correct info before I decide what to do.

thanks!
You can get a replacement week that would be good for 12 months from the date you cancel but it will be restricted to flex change so you could only book 59 days or less from the date you are booking with no ongoing searches. If you cancelled outside of 59 days you would have received a replacement week good for 12 months but without the flexchange restriction.

SunsetMaven

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Beach House
Disney Bay Lake
Disney Animal Kingdom
Disney Grand Floridian
Thanks! I've never done flex change before. Is it the same inventory as regular exchanges but with a time constraint (within 59 days)?

You can get a replacement week that would be good for 12 months from the date you cancel but it will be restricted to flex change so you could only book 59 days or less from the date you are booking with no ongoing searches. If you cancelled outside of 59 days you would have received a replacement week good for 12 months but without the flexchange restriction.

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
Thanks! I've never done flex change before. Is it the same inventory as regular exchanges but with a time constraint (within 59 days)?

yes. Whatever is left at 59 days out.