TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TUG started 25 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Check out our happy birthday post here: Happy Birthday TUG!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $10,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $10Million dollars
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  9. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

II AC Have you used one lately?

Discussion in 'Exchanging Timeshares' started by Panina, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Panina

Panina TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Hgvc Eagles Nest, Hgvc Surf Club, Hgvc Indian River, Hgvc Anderson, Sunrise Bay & Club, Chetola, Gulf Tides, Jade Tree Cove, Banyan Resort, Blue Ridge Village
    Have you used yours recently? What did you get?

Most ACs I get expire. Even the one I get for depositing a week. In the past I found these have even less value then the free ones.

So I finally used my free II AC. I used the one that cost $224 with tax.

I got Marriott’s Cypress Harbour, 2 br in Orlando. Used it because I was at another timeshare that I wasn’t happy with and this AC got me elsewhere.

Sunshine10 and pedro47 like this.
  2. klpca

klpca TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, HGVC Bay Club
    Nope, but only because I don't have any more time to go on a trip. We were supposed to go to St. George and I had to let some friends go instead. I have seen some nice weeks including Marriott Newport Coast for this week, but I couldn't use it. AC's are pretty similar to RCI's Last Calls. Great for last minute trips.

Panina likes this.
  3. SmithOp

SmithOp TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 14.4K Points.
    Week 50 in Sedona at the Ridge, 2br.

I’ve used several for this week the past few years, Hyatt Pinon Point, Summit. I can rely on getting an AC week since its low demand for Sedona, cold and wet sometimes. There are days when its sunny in 60s that make it great for hiking and worthwhile.

Its my birthday week, dovetails nicely into my holiday trek to see relatives in the Phoenix area.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Sunshine10, Panina and klpca like this.
  4. sue1947

sue1947 TUG Member

I've been pretty successful at finding something though you have to work at it and be flexible. I don't live near a large number of timeshares so it makes it a little tougher, but I like the thrill of the chase.
    We are heading down to the ocean in 2 weeks on the $199 AC at Surfside Resort in WA. In June, we were at Crestwood in Whitefish, Montana and loved it. In May we were at Park City at the Marriott Summit Watch which we liked better than the fall stay we got the year before at the same place. In May of 2017, we got a week at Eagle Crest in central Oregon. In Jan 2017, we were at Sedona at Summit Watch at the end of Jan/early Feb and it was perfect weather and hiking conditions. Sedona seems to come up a lot in the winter and if I lived closer, I'd be there every time.

Sue

5. pedro47

pedro47 TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

Panina, your comments and experiences are very similar to mines there is nothing out there where I want to go.

Panina likes this.
  6. Panina

Resorts Owned:
    Hgvc Eagles Nest, Hgvc Surf Club, Hgvc Indian River, Hgvc Anderson, Sunrise Bay & Club, Chetola, Gulf Tides, Jade Tree Cove, Banyan Resort, Blue Ridge Village
    Because of the AC I am now at the beautiful Marriott Cypress Harbour and was able to get away from Sabal Palms. I just am surprised how bad it got. When I was there a few years ago it was so nice. I would have been miserable if I had to stay there.

So one day you might have a use for the AC just like I did now.

7. rapmarks

rapmarks TUG Review Crew: Elite TUG Member

A very generous tugged let us use her AC and my daughter leaves in the morning for westgate near Universal for the week at a reasonable cost. Tuggers are awesome

happymum and Panina like this.
  8. Panina

Resorts Owned:
    Smiling, it’s what Tug is all about :thumbup:

9. PcflEZFlng

PcflEZFlng TUG Member

I used two recently, one in late Sept. for about $250 and the second one for about $350 in late October. Both to the same resort, Desert Breezes in Palm Desert. PD is a convenient two-hour drive away. Had very nice 1 br stays.

Funny thing is, I'd never even heard of ACs until this past summer when I logged into our II account for the first time in, oh I dunno maybe 3 or 4 years, and saw a message saying, hey your certificates are about to expire! Later that day at the pool (DW and I were staying at Westin Desert Willow, our usual go-to) I had to ask another owner what a certificate even was. He had used ACs before and told me they randomly land in your account from time to time. Alrighty then.

Since we often go to the desert in low/shoulder season, this could work for us. You can bet I'll be checking back next spring for ACs (and/or Getaways) to get more extra stay opportunities at low cost.

Sunshine10 and Panina like this.
  10. mdurette

mdurette TUG Member

That is a great use of an AC Panani - Cypress Harbor is a lovely resort!!!!

I have used a handful this year (2018) all during high demand seasons, most where last minute.

Harbor Ridge in Maine in August. AC for deposit that matched well in advance with an OGS. I ended up giving this to my inlaws as DH couldn't take the time off from work.

Innseason Pollard Brook in New Hampshire in August with a Freebie

Marriott Custom House in Boston in July with a Freebie

Innseason Pollard Brook in February with a Freebie

Sunshine10 and Panina like this.
  11. pedro47

AC are great if you lived near a major airport hub. .We are now driving to Richmond, VA for our airplanes departures . We do not liked changes planes to reach our final destination. We prefer direct flights ✈️.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
  12. Panina

Resorts Owned:
    Wow you got great places and weeks. I need to try use my ACs more often.

Cypress Harbour is lovely. It’s been about 6 years since I have been here and it’s even nicer then I remember. Who needs Mickey when here?

Sunshine10 and pedro47 like this.
  13. pedro47

Thanks, I will look at Cypress Harbour for next year. I do see AC’s for Cypress Harbour.

Panina likes this.
  14. BJRSanDiego

BJRSanDiego TUG Member

This year I used two AC. Both were in Marriott Shadow Ridge, which is a 2 hour drive from my house. IIRC, both cost about $300 to use, but hey! in both cases I got a 2 BR unit. Life is good.

PcflEZFlng, pedro47 and Panina like this.
  15. buzglyd

buzglyd TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC Lagoon Tower
    HGVC Carlsbad Seapointe
    Gaslamp Plaza Suites
    Carlsbad Inn
    SVV Bella
    I used one to grab a 1BR Casa Dorada at Medano beach. I gave it to my sister and husband.

Gorgeous resort. They loved every minute of it.

Panina likes this.
  16. mdurette

mdurette TUG Member

Or....live in an area that you can drive too. Being from New England there are lots of places we can use them for just long weekends and they are still very cost effective. We don't have "resorts" like Orlando though.....that would be nice!

Panina likes this.
  17. PcflEZFlng

PcflEZFlng TUG Member

Wow, you got great ones. That's the kind of find I'm hoping to get for next summer/early fall.

18. shellmo1

shellmo1 TUG Member

We use one every year to go to Branson on Table Rock Lake. We have a boat and love to go boating there. Great deal for a week on the lake!

Panina likes this.