• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

If I am more interested in RCI points...

Slwags

Reaction score
... than going to my home resort each year what would the best option for me?
I heard the Grandview offers a good point value for low maintenance fees and can be picked up cheap. Any other resorts I should look at that are similar?

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Vacation Village at Parkway (iirc) has similar point/MF ratio. Grandview and VVP are associated. One nice thing about Grandview is that weeks there are often available as Last Calls for less than $300 all in for a week. A 'have your cake and eat it too' kind of thing.

The good point/MF ratio is known now, so those conversions are getting a little harder to find and a little more expensive when you do.

Happy Hunting!

Jim

baf99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn Beach Resort
Blue Whale
Some of the Florida Vacation Villages have points values of 92,500 for around $900 maintenance fees. That's not as good as the best Grandview, but doesn't seem too bad. But if you are thinking of trading for DVC I think these are excluded due to proximity. I have also seen an occasional Summer Bay that was 124K points for a little over $1000 MF. If you get the right week a 4BR at Massanutten has been discussed in other threads. But I personally don't think Massanutten weeks are a good value unless you want to stay there. Whenever I have checked TPU values they seem low even for prime weeks.

Disclaimer: My only timeshare is in RCI weeks, not points. But I have been considering adding some points contracts and I have been watching eBay and other sites while I decide what to do. I'm leaning toward Grandview or Vacation Villages even though Las Vegas and Orlando aren't my desired vacation locations.

FrankB

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
VV at Parkway
Yes the VV is a great deal and sometimes you can find a good deal on Ebay. I came out pretty good with 185k RCI points with the purchase of VV at parkway. I also looked at summer bay but thought the MF ratio was about dead even if not slightly higher. Being a soon to be new owner I did not want to take on more points than I could handle. 92k RCI points is plenty for our family until I get the hang of the RCI bookings and so forth. Hang around this forum and plenty of folks will help or give advice. Great group of people to learn from and keep an eye on the Bargain deals too!

kwelty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club II
Samoset Rockport, ME
Harbor Ridge MDI ME
Tree Tops Gatlinburg
Treetops in Gatlinburg TN doesn't come available too often but offers a good ratio- 57,000 for $525 MF. There is a good Owners Association in place and this is a popular area for vacationing.

MelissaI

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Treetops in Gatlinburg TN doesn't come available too often but offers a good ratio- 57,000 for $525 MF. There is a good Owners Association in place and this is a popular area for vacationing.

Oakmont in Pigeon Forge is similar, and managed by the same company. A two bedroom in prime season there gets 48,500 points for $410 per year.

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
Grandview at Las Vegas 98K or 122K points contract are your best bet. You will not have a DVC block to worry about. I would never use my Grandview unit in lieu of points. You can always find Grandview units for about $300 for the week.

98K Points contracts cost about $500 or less plus transfer and closing fees.
122K Points contracts cost about $2000+ or less plus transfer and closing fees. (These have dropped about 1K over last year)
92.5K Points contract at VV at Parkway cost about $100 or less and many times include closing / transfer fees.

98K Grandview MF/Point Ratio $.0082
122K Grandview MF/Point Ratio $.0066 (Takes 6 years to break even over VV at Parkway, Takes about 8.92 years to break even over 98K account)
92.5K VV at parkway MF/point Ratio $.0100 (DVC Blocked)

I went with the 98K accounts when I got them since up front costs was so much more vs cost for points.

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
... than going to my home resort each year what would the best option for me?
I heard the Grandview offers a good point value for low maintenance fees and can be picked up cheap. Any other resorts I should look at that are similar?

If your current weeks resort is not participating in RCI points then if you took on a biennial
or triennial at say Grandview or VV Parkway you could do a points for deposit on the years
that you didn't want to use your fixed week and get additional RCI points for a small fee.
That way you'd have access to both systems.

I own a Triennial VV Parkway that gives me 24K points a year and then I deposit my fixed
week to get more points when I'm not using it. Best of both worlds.

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
One other option is Sedona Pines.