• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

I will PAY YOU to take my timeshare in the Poconos

wawacito

Reaction score
Ginormous? I don't know - but yes it is big.
2 floors. Top floor (entrance) has full kitchen with a dining area, living room, and a screened porch that overlooks the forest. Bottom floor has two bedrooms and a hot tub in one of the bathrooms.

Sleeps 6.

Full use of the recreation facilities at Shawnee.

I want to remind everyone again - this deal is BETTER THAN FREE.

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
Ginormous? I don't know - but yes it is big.
2 floors. Top floor (entrance) has full kitchen with a dining area, living room, and a screened porch that overlooks the forest. Bottom floor has two bedrooms and a hot tub in one of the bathrooms.

Sleeps 6.

Full use of the recreation facilities at Shawnee.

I want to remind everyone again - this deal is BETTER THAN FREE.

The link you provided says "■Maximum Occupancy - 8. "

That's better than the 6 you show above.

http://www.shawneeowners.com/vil_RiverII.asp

wawacito

Reaction score
Oops.
I haven't been there in so long I don't remember.
I believe its 8 if you include the couches in the living room.

2 double beds
1 queen bed
2 single size couches

Last edited:

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Always

Oops.
I haven't been there in so long I don't remember.
I believe its 8 if you include the pull out sofa in the living room.

That pull out sofa is always included.

Good luck

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
We have also stayed at Shawnee, and we may have stayed in one of the River Village units you own. The units themselves were very comfortable. It was around 15 years ago or so. We drove into NYC from there and even went to Philadelphia for a day.

It was a very good location for a family with a large van to get around to the areas we had never been before. We didn't mind all of the driving, but it would be nice to just stay there for a week and not galavant as we did. Pretty area. Never saw so many tiger lilies growing in the wild.

I would definitely stay there again. Hope you find a taker.

Maple_Leaf

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Dunes
Hapimag
Bus service from DWG to NYC

You can easily get into NYC from this resort using the Delaware Water Gap bus terminal, about 4 miles from the resort. For example, a morning bus leaves at 8:30 and gets into Port Authority at 10:00. An evening bus leaves Port Authority at 8:30 getting you back at 10:00.

momeason

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
This is a good deal. It trades in II also which is a plus IMHO. I need to sell, not buy though and I live far away.
To the OP, you need to use that banked week before the transfer or you will lose it. Once the unit sells, your II membership will go away if it is a corporate Wyndham membership. If you are paying the membership yourself, maybe not. I have a Wyndham II membership and I cannot sell until I complete all my upcoming exchanges or I lose them.
Check on this before you sell. Do you have your own II membership or does the TS company pay it?

I read a little more. Wyndham pays your II membership since you quote the Wyndham transfer fee.

Sweeten the deal..offer to make a reservation for the buyer. The vacation must take place before the transfer and will require a $49 guest fee..unless you already have a vacation booked. If so, you could offer it up. In any case if you transfer the ownership before using the II deposit, no one gets it. I have a Wyndham to sell, several II reps have told me that the membership that I booked under must be valid at the time of the exchange. Does anyone know how to do it otherwise? I have asked a lot of questions in II.

Last edited:

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
It is not a glitzy LV / Orlando / Williamsburg type glam timeshare area despite the fact that there are multiple timeshares around there. It is an enjoyable, rustic, activity filled area with a very laid back vibe. A great change from a go go lifestyle / area - that's why the area is so popular.

If you can use the day use privileges or just want a week a year you can go to a known location to wind down and enjoy a break then this could be a great deal for you. We've been to the area three times and enjoyed all three visits immensely.

wawacito

Reaction score
the 2012 week has been banked with Interval International and in fact has already been traded with them. We leave pretty soon for that trip but I will keep what you said in mind and not sell until we get back from the trade.

I pay my own membership to Interval International. $89 a year.

This resort is eligible for BOTH Interval International and RCI trades.

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
the 2012 week has been banked with Interval International and in fact has already been traded with them. We leave pretty soon for that trip but I will keep what you said in mind and not sell until we get back from the trade.

I pay my own membership to Interval International. $89 a year.

This resort is eligible for BOTH Interval International and RCI trades.

Don't renew with II and it will save you that $89 next year.

When you find a new owner they can trade the unit with whichever trading company they belong to.

wawacito

Reaction score
I will not be renewing with II - my primary goal going forward is to sell it or otherwise dispose of it.

wawacito

Reaction score
After some research and thought, I am now lowering my offer from $400 back to the original $100. It turns out paying someone $400 is more expensive than another option that I am currently considering.

So ... I will pay someone $100 to take this timeshare from me. Any takers?
If I don't get a response from anyone in a few weeks I will exercise the other options.

wawacito

Reaction score
@ride - up till now I thought you were misunderstood - now I think your just crazy :rofl:

gnorth16

TUG Member
Reaction score
A cheaper option than $400. - Do tell...

wawacito

Reaction score
$400 incentive that I pay to new owner
$300 I pay to wyndham for resort transfer fee
$300 I pay to JRA services for closing/title fees
Total paid by me= $1000.

timesharerefuge.com = $699 includes everything

Therefor - I am now offering $100 instead of $400.

gnorth16

TUG Member
Reaction score
Total paid by me= $1000.

Then at $100 to give away, it is costs the same either way. Why don't you just go to timesharerefuge then? You make it sound like less hassle....

ronandjoan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Telemark, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club, Stoneridge Resort (ID)
Total paid by me= $1000.

I am personally sorry you have gone through all of this - seems to me, you were trying to give someone the best deal you could and all I see is a bunch of grief from others. I don't understand.

gnorth16

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am personally sorry you have gone through all of this - seems to me, you were trying to give someone the best deal you could and all I see is a bunch of grief from others. I don't understand.

The only thing I am getting at is that there seems to be a hesitation regarding going to timeshare refuge. If I wanted out now for the same cost, I would have called them yesterday. Possibly a moral dilemma?

The OP has done more research about ridding himself of this TS than most owners would ever do. Now he/she has to make a decision.

As a side note, I think it will cost more than $699, since the owner will still have to pay the Wyndham fee. I think this company is related to Sumday Vacations. The reverse IP also hosts Sumday, so this is where there inventory may come from. It may just be a coincidence, but I don't think so.

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The OP has done more research about ridding himself of this TS than most owners would ever do.

I think you are underestimating the work many of us are putting in trying to pass our TS on to someone else. He has just been more open about his frustrations than others.

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
OP needs to be patient and keep working at it. It took me almost 3 years but I was able to get rid of 6 (maybe it was 7, can't remember for sure) Weeks at no loss including cost of carry. Note that all were Independent Resorts managed by their respective HOAs. If OP will keep plugging, he/she will be able to get it done.

George

rrlongwell

Reaction score
The only thing I am getting at is that there seems to be a hesitation regarding going to timeshare refuge. If I wanted out now for the same cost, I would have called them yesterday. Possibly a moral dilemma?

The OP has done more research about ridding himself of this TS than most owners would ever do. Now he/she has to make a decision.

As a side note, I think it will cost more than $699, since the owner will still have to pay the Wyndham fee. I think this company is related to Sumday Vacations. The reverse IP also hosts Sumday, so this is where there inventory may come from. It may just be a coincidence, but I don't think so.

What happens if Sumday does not sell it. Money gone?

Just saw my answer at post 410 on this thread.

http://tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170622&page=17

Last edited:

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
What happens if Sumday does not sell it. Money gone?

Therein lies the dilemma he's in. Asnooper had success with this company but we don't know if it will be repeated in this case.

The OP has it on Craig's list and is trying to give it away here. I think he needs to be patient, it's a nice location and it does have the day use of the recreational facilities.

team2win

Reaction score
Well, I'm curious as to what does the $699 represent? I looked at the other thread and noticed there wasn't a breakdown..

$699 fee..
then who pays this years maintenance fee/monthly or next years?
Who pays for resort transfer fee?
who pays for recording fees?
who pays for points fee, if points are involved?

Lastly, I also looked at the reference thread about the Wyndham Royal Vista.. this isn't apples to apples.. I would think Wyndham Points is more valuable than low season week in the Poconos by a long shot...