• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

I will PAY YOU to take my timeshare in the Poconos

wawacito

Reaction score
BETTER THAN FREE.

I WILL PAY *** YOU ***

Resort Name: Shawnee on the Delaware River Village II
Unit Size: 2 Bedrooms
Season: Week 18 every year (usually first week of May)
Maintenance Fees: $569 a year plus there is a special assessment of $81 this year and next year

Current status: 2012 maintenance fees and all prior maintenance fees have been paid off. 2012 week has been banked with Interval International and is therefor not available.

Price: I will PAY YOU $400
Closing/Transfer costs: we will pay for it so really you pay nothing. You actually get $400 from me.

PS - I don't know how to change the main title of a thread so I reposted. Moderators - please delete my old thread.

Last edited:

wawacito

Reaction score
This is a quote from the user: "vacationhopeful"

"One thing that is NOT WELL KNOWN is Shawnee Resorts allows their owners FREE DAY USAGE.

The indoor pool and gym opens at 7:30AM til about 9PM on later. There is minature golf, outdoor summer pools, volleyball court and tennis court. Most mornings have free water exercise classes and lap pool swimming. There are locker rooms with showers.

I know if I was going hiking in the area or (boating or tubing) on the Delaware, it would be great to get a shower and change into clothes for the ride home. If I lived in the immediate area, it would be a great social club or workout place.

If I lived within 1.5+ hours with kids, it would be a good day trip with young kids or grandkids - enjoying the local state parks or a day at the pool with a picnic lunch or cookout.

Yes, you have to checkin with the front desk to verify ownership and receive the wristbands. There is a limit on the number of persons in your group.
__________________"

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
IMO $100 is not enough. I would offer an amount equal to the next year's MF so the acquirer would in effect get a free year.

George

antjmar

Reaction score
This is a quote from the user: "vacationhopeful"

"One thing that is NOT WELL KNOWN is Shawnee Resorts allows their owners FREE DAY USAGE.

The indoor pool and gym opens at 7:30AM til about 9PM on later. There is minature golf, outdoor summer pools, volleyball court and tennis court. Most mornings have free water exercise classes and lap pool swimming. There are locker rooms with showers.

If this is accurate maybe someone who lives close by would be interested. Post it on craigslist for the closest city to the resort and mention the day use in your ad. Good luck!

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
I like the link

Resort Name: Shawnee on the Delaware River Village II
Unit Size: 2 Bedrooms
Season: Week 18 every year (usually first week of May)
Maintenance Fees: $569 a year plus there is a special assessment of $81 this year and next year

Current status: 2012 maintenance fees and all prior maintenance fees have been paid off. 2012 week has been banked with Interval International and is therefor not available.

Price: I will PAY YOU $400
Closing/Transfer costs: we will pay for it so really you pay nothing. You actually get $400 from me.

PS - I don't know how to change the main title of a thread so I reposted. Moderators - please delete my old thread.

That's a nice looking resort, suprised you haven't found someone yet. Give it time.

wawacito

Reaction score
@antjmar: I don't use craigslist because my listing would drop to page 10 within a just a few days and they penalize you for bumping it back to the top. Craigslist is also full of scammers.

@csxjohn: I really hope so.

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
@antjmar: I don't use craigslist because my listing would drop to page 10 within a just a few days and they penalize you for bumping it back to the top.

Actually, you can renew a CL Ad every 3 days - they do not penalize you. You just log into your CL Acct. and click "renew."

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Actually, you can renew a CL Ad every 3 days - they do not penalize you. You just log into your CL Acct. and click "renew."

I tried to put one of my units in CL 2 days ago and it got flagged so fast my head is still spinning. :rofl: I did have a few issues with how I wrote the ad but many people say they get flagged a lot just because "All Timeshares are scams."

I was on the flagging help forum and very few on there were helping. They were convinced I was trying to scam someone out of something. I got comments like "it's not free, you have to pay maintenence fees every year."

I couldn't try to educate all of them so I gave up for now, I'll try a different type ad tomorrow.

But you are right about renewing. A little over 48 hours and you get the option to renew with no sort of penalty.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
The "un-helpful" forum is a complete waste of time. The "helpers" have no official affiliation with CL - the just like to hang out in the room, use profanity, and act like jerks.

A low-key Ad without any links is your best bet.

Put the name of the resort in your Ad, but not the word "timeshare."

Last edited:

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The "un-helpful" forum is a complete waste of time. The "helpers" have no official affiliation with CL - the just like to hang out in the room, use profanity, and act like jerks.

A low-key Ad without any links is your best bet.

Put the name of the resort in your Ad, but not the word "timeshare."

Thank you, I'll omit the timeshare from the ad and see how that goes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dunk

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had the same problem with those Craigslist forum police.
I wasted some time arguing with them. They said it was not really free because of the future maintenance fees. I asked them if they would flag an add for a free car because it would need future maintenance....just foul language for a response.

Any way, I ended up posting it under vacation rentals with the name of the resort, as suggested in a previous post, and it was snapped up in a couple of days.

Good Luck

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I had the same problem with those Craigslist forum police.
I wasted some time arguing with them. They said it was not really free because of the future maintenance fees. I asked them if they would flag an add for a free car because it would need future maintenance....just foul language for a response.

Any way, I ended up posting it under vacation rentals with the name of the resort, as suggested in a previous post, and it was snapped up in a couple of days.

Good Luck

Thanks for your input. I used the example of giving away a house and the money in the future required, taxes, insurance, heat , elect. etc. Same types of response.

Ignorant people don't know the facts.
Stupid people don't let the facts get in the way of their opinions.

Craigs is full of both but the latter are the vocal ones.

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Does anybody see any underlying problems with the OPs property? The only little one I see is the week. If you have school age children it wouldn't be a good week for using. If no children, it looks decent to me.

rrlongwell

Reaction score
Does anybody see any underlying problems with the OPs property? The only little one I see is the week. If you have school age children it wouldn't be a good week for using. If no children, it looks decent to me.

A old group of Resorts, with the exception of Crestview (the newer Wyndham developed portion). The balance of the Resorts are growing old. The Wyndham Sales Staff have a portion of their sales pitch that indicates Wyndham is going to put a Waterpark on the property and build a new complex (Resort Management staff do not agree that this is coming).

If I owned their I would welcome the Special Assessments to maintain and improve the Resorts.

Last edited:

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A old group of Resorts, with the exception of Crestview (the newer Wyndham developed portion). The balance of the Resorts are growing old. The Wyndham Sales Staff have portion of their sales pitch that indicates Wyndham is going to put a Waterpark on the property and build a new complex (Resort Management staff do not agree that this is coming).

If I owned their I would welcome the Special Assessments to maintain and improve the Resorts.

Although old would not be a deal killer for me, I know many people like the newest of the new and are willing to pay 10's of thousands for the right to own those properties. So I can see why there may be a lack of interest in it.

I own an older property, Alpine Village, in NC but it is kept up and I don't mind the age. I obtained it about 6 years ago and really enjoy it.

ampaholic

TUG Member
Reaction score

I'm not too sure bringing up the concept of "underlying problems" will help move the property. Nor does pointing out how it doesn't work for you.

For me week 18 is a perfectly good week, I think lots of people like to vacation in early May.

When was the last time you saw a Mercedes Benz commercial with the owner stranded alongside a deserted road with a broken down Benz? Marketing 101 - nothing bad ever happens in ads.

wawacito

Reaction score
no there's nothing wrong with it.

to clarify - it is Annual - usage every year.

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'm not too sure bringing up the concept of "underlying problems" will help move the property. Nor does pointing out how it doesn't work for you.

For me week 18 is a perfectly good week, I think lots of people like to vacation in early May.

When was the last time you saw a Mercedes Benz commercial with the owner stranded alongside a deserted road with a broken down Benz? Marketing 101 - nothing bad ever happens in ads.

I don't believe there are any real problems. That's why I asked the question. I'm trying to show the OP that he just needs to wait for the right person to see his offer. Also I have a slight interest in this property and I would like to know if anyone else on here sees a problem, so if you know of a better place to ask, let me know and I'll start asking there.

I own week 16 at Alpine Village, and older property in the NC mountains, no indoor pool or rec center and I love the place.

If this is an open discussion it doesn't hurt to point out the bad, if any, and the good. This is a forum, not a slick ad campaign.

I don't see his ad in the classifieds yet, but there are 5 others at that resort, 2 in the same section, and his price is the best by far. He needs to get it in there.

But, I am starting to sound like a cheerleader for someone I don't even know so if he still owns this next Jan I'll talk with him about using it next May.

rrlongwell

Reaction score
I don't believe there are any real problems. That's why I asked the question. I'm trying to show the OP that he just needs to wait for the right person to see his offer. Also I have a slight interest in this property and I would like to know if anyone else on here sees a problem, so if you know of a better place to ask, let me know and I'll start asking there.

I own week 16 at Alpine Village, and older property in the NC mountains, no indoor pool or rec center and I love the place.

If this is an open discussion it doesn't hurt to point out the bad, if any, and the good. This is a forum, not a slick ad campaign.

I don't see his ad in the classifieds yet, but there are 5 others at that resort, 2 in the same section, and his price is the best by far. He needs to get it in there.

But, I am starting to sound like a cheerleader for someone I don't even know so if he still owns this next Jan I'll talk with him about using it next May.

I was thinking of buying into this resort for my last purchase for awhile. I bought from this location into Club Wyndham Access in lieu of buying at this particular resort. The fact that it was a two year Special Assessment with year 1 being this year is actually a great thing, the current owner got to pay year 1. If this is an issue for year 2, I think the owner would probably pay it for year 2 to move the unit.

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I was thinking of buying into this resort for my last purchase for awhile. I bought from this location into Club Wyndham Access in lieu of buying at this particular resort. The fact that it was a two year Special Assessment with year 1 being this year is actually a great thing, the current owner got to pay year 1. If this is an issue for year 2, I think the owner would probably pay it for year 2 to move the unit.

He has offered to throw in $400 cash and pay all the transfer and deed fees so I think he has that assessment covered for the new owner with change to spare.

ampaholic

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think if it included this years usage (the II week) it would perk up ears.

I got rid of one within 48 hours here on bargain deals by offering this years usage for free. :D

wawacito

Reaction score
week 18 for 2012 has passed - like last week - so this year's use is definitely not available.

next years (2013) week 18 is available. hopefully somebody will buy this in time to use it.

famy27

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm bumping for you. I really hope you can find someone who'd like this unit. If I lived in the area, I'd take you up on the offer!

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The day use privileges are pretty compelling if you live within an hour. I traded into Shawnee once in the late 1990s and enjoyed my time there. My recollection is of a ginormous, two-story villa, if a bit dated (that doesn't bother me too much.)

We had fun exploring the area, and I was struck by the number of owners who seemed to use their week year after year (not like some resorts that are mostly traders.) It was the first time I'd encountered that, and didn't experience it again until I got to the Royals in Cancun last year.