• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

I Took the World's Longest Flight Twice in 4 Days and This Is What I Learned

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
I Took the World's Longest Flight Twice in 4 Days and This Is What I Learned
By Nina Ruggiero/ Airlines/ Airports/ Travel + Leisure/ travelandleisure.com

"When you tell people you’re going on the world’s longest flight, you’re met with mixed reactions. A trip to the cosmopolitan island of Singapore promises some of the best Southeast Asian comfort food, a vibrant fusion of cultures, and unforgettable scenery, from modern cityscapes to traditional shophouses to busy waterfront promenades. An almost 19-hour flight, however, threatens jet lag, leg cramps, dehydration, and pull-your-hair-out levels of boredom.

As I prepared to join the new world’s longest flight on its maiden voyage from Newark Liberty International Airport to Singapore’s award-winning Changi Airport, however, my excitement only grew. Yes, I was eager to see Singapore, but it wasn’t just that. In a world where we’re constantly running short on time, it was the idea of having a surplus of hours to use as I pleased up in the sky with no distractions. For almost two entire days (18 hours and 25 minutes on the way there, 18 hours and 45 minutes on the way back), I would be forced to take a real time out. I would be so rich with spare time, I’d have to actively figure out how to spend it. I was up for the challenge, and I knew just who to call.

But first, my disclaimer: Had I known I’d be roughing it in a last-row, middle seat for this long-haul journey, I might not have had such a rosy outlook (although the “worst” option on the plane was premium economy). I would be in a cushy business class seat with Singapore Airlines — voted the T+L World’s Best airline by our own readers for 23 consecutive years — on a brand-new Airbus A350-900ULR with lighting, humidity, cabin pressure, meals, and programming all aimed at keeping me healthy and rested on board. Singapore Airlines even teamed up with the experts at top U.S. wellness destination Canyon Ranch, from doctors to exercise physiologists to chefs, to craft the experience...."

Richard

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I could never do it. I can barely tolerate 4- 6 hours

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, 36 hours in Business Class over 4 days could be worse. Like crammed into a middle seat in an exit row where the seats don't recline would be inhumane torture. But as the writer says, loaded up with entertainment and reading material, it could be worse!

Jim

Last edited: