• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

I think I just landed a cherry of a deal!!!

mpeter15

Reaction score
Hey guys, my name is Mark. I've never owned a timeshare before, but I've been using my Dad's timeshare(s) for the last 26yrs. I've recently been in the market for a good deal on something with a lot of flexibilty and international trading power as my Wife and I do a lot of traveling, but not necessarily the same time every year because our odd schedules. I've been lurking on TUG and absorbing information, and today I pulled the trigger on a 155,000 RCI point Meadow Lake Columbia, MT 3br/3ba lockoff deeded week 26 w/ $1392 MF on Ebay all in(including closing costs and transfer fee) for $510. I called the resort ahead of time and confirmed with their sales department that Meadow Lake does not have ROFR on their deeds/contracts, so as long as the seller is legit (97.5% positive feedback) this gem should be mine for less than closing costs! I'm so excited I could burst

mpeter15

Reaction score
I should add, a HUGE THANK YOU!!! to all of the wise veterans in here that kept me well informed while searching for the right fit

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Hey guys, my name is Mark. I've never owned a timeshare before, but I've been using my Dad's timeshare(s) for the last 26yrs. I've recently been in the market for a good deal on something with a lot of flexibilty and international trading power as my Wife and I do a lot of traveling, but not necessarily the same time every year because our odd schedules. I've been lurking on TUG and absorbing information, and today I pulled the trigger on a 155,000 RCI point Meadow Lake Columbia, MT 3br/3ba lockoff deeded week 26 w/ $1392 MF on Ebay all in(including closing costs and transfer fee) for $510. I called the resort ahead of time and confirmed with their sales department that Meadow Lake does not have ROFR on their deeds/contracts, so as long as the seller is legit (97.5% positive feedback) this gem should be mine for less than closing costs! I'm so excited I could burst

Make sure it is a fixed week or at least you average the 155,000 every year. I looked into one of these years ago and if I remember correctly they have a float schedule with different weeks for different years so you may not get 155,000 for some of the weeks. I may be mixing this up with another resort because it was probably 7-8 years ago that I looked into it

mpeter15

Reaction score
Make sure it is a fixed week or at least you average the 155,000 every year. I looked into one of these years ago and if I remember correctly they have a float schedule with different weeks for different years so you may not get 155,000 for some of the weeks. I may be mixing this up with another resort because it was probably 7-8 years ago that I looked into it

Hmmmm good point, I'm still excited to buy into Meadow lake for what I am paying, but it is possible that the week changes since the listing says fixed unit, float week 26. I took it to mean that since it was a popular week I have the option to float if I want, but I wasn't aware of a mandatory rotation float. I suppose we shall see. It should still do pretty well with points on other weeks just for the sheer size of the unit, but that would certainly throw off the cost per point ratio

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
<snip> the listing says fixed unit, float week 26. <snip>

I dunno what that even means :shrug:. I'm unclear how a week could be both a fixed unit and a floating week. Maybe I'm just missing something here. :confused:

mpeter15

Reaction score
I dunno what that even means :shrug:. I'm unclear how a week could be both a fixed unit and a floating week. Maybe I'm just missing something here. :confused:

What I'm hearing is that the physical unit is a fixed unit number, but within that fixed unit number apparently the weeks rotate. I wasn't aware of the rotation and thought it was just a floating week in which any could be booked. Now I'm hearing that there are rotation groups where each year there are 5 weeks to chose from for each group, and each year, those 5 weeks per rotation group shift slightly. I'm not sure how that translates into the point value each year though, because it looks like within each rotation group of 5 weeks there is at least 1 super red week, 1 blue week, a couple regular reds, and a white

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Do you get 155,000 points every year? That is a nice number of points and you should be able to get some great vacations. Make sure you understand what you need to do if you want to use any of your weeks vs using the points to go other places. If you want to use the weeks you will have to plan ahead to do that.

mpeter15

Reaction score
Do you get 155,000 points every year? That is a nice number of points and you should be able to get some great vacations. Make sure you understand what you need to do if you want to use any of your weeks vs using the points to go other places. If you want to use the weeks you will have to plan ahead to do that.

I thought it was 155,000 RCI points every year, but now I'm not so sure since I found out about the rotation. It looks like that is the maximum point value (weeks 26-34), which 26 was the week listed in the auction. There are also weeks assigned 116,000, 101,000, 78,000 and a few "duds" worth 54,500. All of which are still pretty high for a unit, but of course 155,000 would make it a much better value

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
It is normal that on the deed there is a unit number and week number. If it floats, then the week number is just for recording purpose and no real meaning. Same thing with the unit number. Unless it is a true fixed unit number where a number have resorts have that because a particular unit has a better view than others, then the unit number is also simply for recording purpose.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
What I'm hearing is that the physical unit is a fixed unit number, but within that fixed unit number apparently the weeks rotate. I wasn't aware of the rotation and thought it was just a floating week in which any could be booked. Now I'm hearing that there are rotation groups where each year there are 5 weeks to chose from for each group, and each year, those 5 weeks per rotation group shift slightly. I'm not sure how that translates into the point value each year though, because it looks like within each rotation group of 5 weeks there is at least 1 super red week, 1 blue week, a couple regular reds, and a white
You can call the resort to get clarification. Being you just won the auction it's not binding, you can say you changed your mind before you sign. Make sure you know what you are buying and are happy with the purchase.

WalnutBaron

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
I just want to congratulate you on buying at the right (resale) price. So many of us--yours truly included--started out by buying from the developer at a grossly inflated price before finding TUG and learning about the whole big world of the resale market. You did this right: coming to TUG, "lurking" (as you call it) and learning, and then pulling the trigger on a great bargain. Way to go!

mpeter15

Reaction score
I just want to congratulate you on buying at the right (resale) price. So many of us--yours truly included--started out by buying from the developer at a grossly inflated price before finding TUG and learning about the whole big world of the resale market. You did this right: coming to TUG, "lurking" (as you call it) and learning, and then pulling the trigger on a great bargain. Way to go!

Thank You! Although I've never personally been there, I keep hearing how wonderful the resort is all 4 seasons

mpeter15

Reaction score
Update: I've begun the purchase and transfer process, and have spoken to the resort. It turns out I actually got the gem I originally thought it to be. It is in fact fixed week 26 fixed unit 64T(a&b) 3br/3ba/occ.10 Lockoff, 4th of July week every year unless of course I use it as RCI points in which case it's 155,500 RCI points annually and of course I could book any available week at that resort I wanted(thus the floating part)

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Update: I've begun the purchase and transfer process, and have spoken to the resort. It turns out I actually got the gem I originally thought it to be. It is in fact fixed week 26 fixed unit 64T(a&b) 3br/3ba/occ.10 Lockoff, 4th of July week every year unless of course I use it as RCI points in which case it's 155,500 RCI points annually and of course I could book any available week at that resort I wanted(thus the floating part)
Congrats on the great deal!

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
Mark, I have seen Meadow Lake 3 fixed but floating weeks (fixed weeks for a year, but changed fixed weeks every year after), so 21 nights per year. Do you have any idea how varied these weeks are? It looks like one Spring, one Summer, and one winter week. MF's are about $550/quarter, so $2,200 year.

mpeter15

Reaction score
Mark, I have seen Meadow Lake 3 fixed but floating weeks (fixed weeks for a year, but changed fixed weeks every year after), so 21 nights per year. Do you have any idea how varied these weeks are? It looks like one Spring, one Summer, and one winter week. MF's are about $550/quarter, so $2,200 year.
According to Ron, the sales guy at Meadow Lake, the unit I'm under contract on is actually a fixed week 26. Some other NeNastako units are on a 5 week a year rotating schedule, but not this one. It is a fixed week 26 if I chose to book it 13 months prior, otherwise it is 155,500 RCI points and I can use those points to book any week of the year that is available in the 12-11 month home resort window for the reduced exchange fee(I think it's like $50 or so), and or anywhere that is available in the RCI Points network of course after that window

mpeter15

Reaction score
According to Ron, the sales guy at Meadow Lake, the unit I'm under contract on is actually a fixed week 26. Some other NeNastako units are on a 5 week a year rotating schedule, but not this one. It is a fixed week 26 if I chose to book it 13 months prior, otherwise it is 155,500 RCI points and I can use those points to book any week of the year that is available in the 12-11 month home resort window for the reduced exchange fee(I think it's like $50 or so), and or anywhere that is available in the RCI Points network of course after that window
If you look on the Meadow Lake website in the owner's section, they have the rotation schedules for various buildings and unit types https://www.meadowlake.com/rotations.cfm

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Now you'll have an annual dilemma. Whether to spend that prime July 4th week at 'your' resort, or to deposit the points and go elsewhere. Many would like to have a problem like that. Enjoy it!

mpeter15

Reaction score
UPDATE: I just received my completed Deed I'm the mail today! I know it will probably still be a few weeks til the resort updates their record with our names, but still this has to be some kind of record lol

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Congrats on your great find. I love learning about new resorts to trade from fellow Tuggers. Looks like a very nice resort. What's the closest airport?

mpeter15

Reaction score
Congrats on your great find. I love learning about new resorts to trade from fellow Tuggers. Looks like a very nice resort. What's the closest airport?
Glacier Park International Airport

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

mpeter15

Reaction score
UPDATE: Got a welcome packet from Meadow Lake Resort explaining the amenities and day lodges on Saturday September 23rd. I called today to confirm that this meant the transfer was complete at the resort, and indeed it is. So now the only thing I am waiting on is the RCI Points transfer and to set up my account. So excited!!!