• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

I need 200K MR points [Lifetime MR status - MERGED]

Status
Not open for further replies.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I had considered doing that to generate points pre-8/1 myself. However, when I went on the MVCI website it said that MRPs from weeks that are converted will not post until after January 1st of the coming year. So, if you turned in a 2019 week you wouldn't get the points until after 1/1/19. Was your converted week 2018 or 2019 usage? If 2019, let us know if your MRPs from converting your week post earlier than that.
I have been converting for the past 6 years and they had always been posted around Oct.

JanT

TUG Member
Reaction score
kds4,

I was really surprised when it didn't happen immediately. Of course, I am trying to transfer purchased points from my account and my husband's account to my mom's account (which is new but meets the time requirements). They're probably looking at it with a fine tooth comb. Since we do know that they're working in the "backroom" somewhere at all the points buys, transfers, etc. based on another TUGGER's experience of having them kill a transaction on a new account. Hopefully, mine will just move along once they see the time requirements have been met.

They should. It literally took me 5 minutes to buy Starpoints, convert them to MRPs, and see them post into my MR account last week.

kds4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Weeks and DC Points
kds4,

I was really surprised when it didn't happen immediately. Of course, I am trying to transfer purchased points from my account and my husband's account to my mom's account (which is new but meets the time requirements). They're probably looking at it with a fine tooth comb. Since we do know that they're working in the "backroom" somewhere at all the points buys, transfers, etc. based on another TUGGER's experience of having them kill a transaction on a new account. Hopefully, mine will just move along once they see the time requirements have been met.

The difference for you may be that you are moving points between your and others accounts. I bought Starpoints and then converted them from my Starwood account into MRPs that I transferred into my own Marriott Rewards account. I did that in 5 minutes. They may be watching transfers like yours more closely (which slows it down). Hopefully, they will post soon.

kds4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have been converting for the past 6 years and they had always been posted around Oct.

I went back and took a look at my MVCI account. I looked at my enrolled 2019 weeks. To convert any of those to MRPs it says "Your Marriott Rewards Points will be credited to your account by January of the usage year you have selected". If your experience in that regard has been October, that's good to know. I have never actually converted any of my weeks to MRPs.

The other interesting thing it says is "Marriott Rewards points may not be used for accommodations at Marriott Vacation Club resorts." So, if I was converting with the intention of getting a travel package to stay at an MVCI property (along with FF miles to get there), that should not be allowed. However, I'm uncertain how the system could know once the MRPs from the converted week are deposited into my MR account and co-mingled with all of my points accumulated from all sources.

kds4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I did just convert a few hundred 2019 DC points to MRPs at a ratio of 40:1 (as an experiment). That conversion it says will post to my rewards account within 48 hours.

One of the interesting things I have noticed between converting weeks to MRPs versus converting DC points to MRPs has to do with how the points are credited with Marriott Rewards. When I go through the process to convert a week, I can edit/change the Marriott Rewards account number the points will be credited to. However, when I go through the process to convert DC points, the MR account number field is locked for editing and the MRPs can only be credited to the MR account number that is associated with my MVCI owner account.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I did just convert a few hundred 2019 DC points to MRPs at a ratio of 40:1 (as an experiment). That conversion it says will post to my rewards account within 48 hours.

One of the interesting things I have noticed between converting weeks to MRPs versus converting DC points to MRPs has to do with how the points are credited with Marriott Rewards. When I go through the process to convert a week, I can edit/change the Marriott Rewards account number the points will be credited to. However, when I go through the process to convert DC points, the MR account number field is locked for editing and the MRPs can only be credited to the MR account number that is associated with my MVCI owner account.
Before I became enrolled, I had called to convert to MRPs. It is great that the DC -> MRPs conversion will complete within 48 hours.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I called on the 19th and reminded Chase that I needed a speedy transfer of my 100k MR points. I was told it would happen on my statement date, something which I found hard to believe.
Trying to buck the system isn't really easy or possible. The posting of points is all automated. Deviate from that and they really can't do it. They don't have someone sitting there manually posting the points that they can send an email to and ask them to expedite yours. As you found though, the points posted automatically after your statement on 7/20.

jpa2825

TUG Member
Reaction score
As to Lifetime Nights, am I correct in assuming that when the merger occurs, your LT SPG nights will be added to your LT MR nights in order to determine the status you can achieve prior to 12.31.18?

I am approaching 750 LT MR nights and needing to maximize them to achieve the grandfathered LT Platinum Premier level. My SPG account shows 12 LT nights with the explanation "Lifetime totals include historical Starpoint eligible nights from 1999 forward and Award nights from October 1, 2011 forward. Gifted or promotional night credits not included."

If those 12 nights count toward trying to achieve 750 prior to 12.31.18, it is much more achievable.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
As to Lifetime Nights, am I correct in assuming that when the merger occurs, your LT SPG nights will be added to your LT MR nights in order to determine the status you can achieve prior to 12.31.18?

I am approaching 750 LT MR nights and needing to maximize them to achieve the grandfathered LT Platinum Premier level. My SPG account shows 12 LT nights with the explanation "Lifetime totals include historical Starpoint eligible nights from 1999 forward and Award nights from October 1, 2011 forward. Gifted or promotional night credits not included."

If those 12 nights count toward trying to achieve 750 prior to 12.31.18, it is much more achievable.
I don't think so. You won't be able to use the combination of SPG and MR nights to count toward the current LT levels under Marriott Rewards to grandfather in to the Platinum Premier level. In order to qualify for the grandfathering LT status, you must meet the requirements of either program separately.

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
That's my backup plan and why I gave MVC one of my weeks for 100K points. The other points are from purchasing them into my DW's account at a discount from SPG and then transferring to her Marriott and on to my Marriott.

I transferred 40K MR points from DW's Marriott account on July 26th. These points were purchased at a discount in her SPG account and then transferred to her Marriott account. The points "did not" count towards my lifetime status. Consequently, I am still about 30K MR points shy of reaching 1.6mil needed for LT status.

Hopefully my MVC deposit will post the 100K points in October based on what others have stated here. 2019 MF's were prepaid over a month ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.