• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hyatt Vacation Club Resale Issue

Wegovaca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lacabana, Aruba, Quarterhouse, NOLA, Hyatt Beach House, KW
My transfer company that the Hyatt recommends requested an Estoppel Report and Right of First Refusal from HVC approximately 1 month for our Hyatt Beach Club unit. They have not heard from them. The woman I spoke to regarding the transfer at HVC 5 months ago is no longer there, the person who replaced her there is no longer there. I have these 2 email addresses for the Hyatt transfer department transfer@hyattvoi.com and HVOtransfer@hyattvoi.com. I've sent emails to both and not heard from them. Any suggestions? Getting seriously frustrated.

bdh

TUG Member
Reaction score
My transfer company that the Hyatt recommends requested an Estoppel Report and Right of First Refusal from HVC approximately 1 month for our Hyatt Beach Club unit. They have not heard from them. The woman I spoke to regarding the transfer at HVC 5 months ago is no longer there, the person who replaced her there is no longer there. I have these 2 email addresses for the Hyatt transfer department transfer@hyattvoi.com and HVOtransfer@hyattvoi.com. I've sent emails to both and not heard from them. Any suggestions? Getting seriously frustrated.

With Marriott buying ILG (which includes Hyatt), part of the transition was the relocation of the Hyatt Transfer Dept from St Pete to Orlando last month - then the former Hyatt Transfer Dept staff was let go as part of the assimilation of Hyatt and Vistana into Marroitt's operation. So who's staffing the transfer desk right now is anybody's guess. You can try the old Hyatt transfer dept direct dial number of 727-803-9529 - hope that would be picked up by a human that could help you.

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation

I purchased Pinion Pointe a couple months ago got access to my account on 11/19.

I am also purchasing a Coconut Plantation unit. Deed sent for recording today actually.

But I have never gotten an email response from either email address above. I called 1-800-GO-Hyatt and spoke with them, they sent a message to Transfers 2 days later they finally gave me my ROFR waiver that was several days late.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
Not to hijack your thread OP, but my friend just emailed me this morning asking me if I would ask the folks on Tug what this means?

She got the note below from the company that is working on her Hyatt Purchase. To me it sounds like its not even been sent to Hyatt yet?

You are currently in the Deed Prep Stage, which takes between 4-6 weeks to complete. These documents will have the current owners name and the buyers name and it will also include a detailed description of the property. During this phase, the deed will be sent to the seller for their signature and notarization of the appropriate documents, indicating their intent to transfer the title to the future owners. Once the documents are complete, the seller will then send the deed back to us, to begin the recording stage.

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
Not to hijack your thread OP, but my friend just emailed me this morning asking me if I would ask the folks on Tug what this means?

She got the note below from the company that is working on her Hyatt Purchase. To me it sounds like its not even been sent to Hyatt yet?

You are currently in the Deed Prep Stage, which takes between 4-6 weeks to complete. These documents will have the current owners name and the buyers name and it will also include a detailed description of the property. During this phase, the deed will be sent to the seller for their signature and notarization of the appropriate documents, indicating their intent to transfer the title to the future owners. Once the documents are complete, the seller will then send the deed back to us, to begin the recording stage.

That sounds about right, although the closing company is likely adding extra time for the seller to do their part. After deed is recorded, then closing company sends copy of deed and transfer fee to Hyatt-Mariott. That could take up to another 4 weeks for H-M to complete transfer and create HRC acct for your new owner (your friend).

I was fortunate in my closing cause was a week or two ahead of your friend in ROFR process. And luckily for me, my closing company was very efficient. It took total of 3 weeks from when they got the ROFR waiver to get deed recorded by Arizona county. (I also turned around my part in 4 biz days including slo-mail). The Florida county Key West is in, could be very different in their recording TAT time. Hopefully they will do electronic recording to save time.

Last edited:

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

I purchased Pinion Pointe a couple months ago got access to my account on 11/19.

I am also purchasing a Coconut Plantation unit. Deed sent for recording today actually.

But I have never gotten an email response from either email address above. I called 1-800-GO-Hyatt and spoke with them, they sent a message to Transfers 2 days later they finally gave me my ROFR waiver that was several days late.

+1 on Breezez's suggestion to call member services. I think I'm the current transfer people are just too busy in the internal transition process to respond to external queries.

Wegovaca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lacabana, Aruba, Quarterhouse, NOLA, Hyatt Beach House, KW
Thanks all.

I called 1-800-GO-Hyatt last week, they told me there was nothing they could do and gave me the email addresses. Couldn't wait to get me off the phone.

As far as being to busy with the internal transition process, there is NO excuse for not responding to people's queries.

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation

I would assume this means your past the ROFR. I would make sure, by having closing company send you copy of waiver and Estoppel info.

Once this is done, If seller provided deed they will use to create new one if seller did not provide, they will have to order a deed if not provided. Next stage depends on you as a buyer if you spent several thousand you may want title insurance. Most people spending small sums don’t bother as its pretty pricey. But if she went for it will take time for the title search to be done for underwriting a title insurance policy.

Once new deed is created should be sent to both parties to comment that names etc are correct. If all is good it then has to be signed in presence of a notary by all current owners. Once signed they send back to closing company, who will then send either electronically or physically to clerk of court for filing based on that jurisdictions requirements. Once it’s filed and they have the clerks filed copies they will then take these and documents Hyatt needs signed by buyer including buyers ssn #’s and they send all this to Hyatt which will take up to 30 business days to create account. Mine took about 17 days.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I would assume this means your past the ROFR. I would make sure, by having closing company send you copy of waiver and Estoppel info.

Once this is done, If seller provided deed they will use to create new one if seller did not provide, they will have to order a deed if not provided. Next stage depends on you as a buyer if you spent several thousand you may want title insurance. Most people spending small sums don’t bother as its pretty pricey. But if she went for it will take time for the title search to be done for underwriting a title insurance policy.

Once new deed is created should be sent to both parties to comment that names etc are correct. If all is good it then has to be signed in presence of a notary by all current owners. Once signed they send back to closing company, who will then send either electronically or physically to clerk of court for filing based on that jurisdictions requirements. Once it’s filed and they have the clerks filed copies they will then take these and documents Hyatt needs signed by buyer including buyers ssn #’s and they send all this to Hyatt which will take up to 30 business days to create account. Mine took about 17 days.

Yes, she passed ROFR and the got the waiver and the Resale Affidavit...Since she has all of her 2,200 points in CUP, she wants to get access by mid January, so those points dont go to waste...

thanks for the info, I will let me friend know...

Last edited:

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
If it makes you feel better when I got my first account 1880 points from 2018 we’re already in LCUP.

I used some for 4 days over Christmas at Coconut Plantation in a 2 bedroom and some for 4 night long weekend in Key West at Sunset Harbor in a 1 Bedroom.

I still have some left and will push them till next month to book with before they expire. But you only have to book with them. The stay doesn’t have to be over before expiration as some resort systems require.

I was also surprised by just how much availability I seen in all Florida except siesta key.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If it makes you feel better when I got my first account 1880 points from 2018 we’re already in LCUP.

I used some for 4 days over Christmas at Coconut Plantation in a 2 bedroom and some for 4 night long weekend in Key West at Sunset Harbor in a 1 Bedroom.

I still have some left and will push them till next month to book with before they expire. But you only have to book with them. The stay doesn’t have to be over before expiration as some resort systems require.

I was also surprised by just how much availability I seen in all Florida except siesta key.

Thanks, I will let her know that. She was under the impression that she had to use her points before her expiration date.

I hope that when she gets her points she will have lots of choices like you did.

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
Thanks, I will let her know that. She was under the impression that she had to use her points before her expiration date.

I hope that when she gets her points she will have lots of choices like you did.
I am new to Hyatt, but from the way I understand it use of CUP points for booking, ends first day of her deeded week, after which point any unused CUP points become LCUP. LCUP points last for 6 months but are restrictive and must be used for bookings within next 59 days.

To covert to EEE points for II usage this must be done prior to 4 months before your deeded week starts. So you are probably past this window. Points converted to EEE expire 24 months following the expiration of their original CUP date. You could generically extend further if need be. Right before expiration make exchange reservation as far out as possible (2) years. This is just a place holder, and add EPlus. Now you have 2 more years to use and can retrade up to 3 times I believe.

Both CUP and LCUP points can be used in reservations that exceed their expiration provided the reservation is placed prior to expiration of points.

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I am new to Hyatt, but from the way I understand it use of CUP points for booking, ends first day of her deeded week, after which point any unused CUP points become LCUP. LCUP points last for 6 months but are restrictive and must be used for bookings within next 59 days.

To covert to EEE points for II usage this must be done prior to 4 months before your deeded week starts. So you are probably past this window. Points converted to EEE expire 24 months following the expiration of their original CUP date. You could generically extend further if need be. Right before expiration make exchange reservation as far out as possible (2) years. This is just a place holder, and add EPlus. Now you have 2 more years to use and can retrade up to 3 times I believe.

Both CUP and LCUP points can be used in reservations that exceed their expiration provided the reservation is placed prior to expiration of points.

I called Hyatt Reservations towards the end of December to inquire about availability of 2 units for a certain time period (the website does not indicate how many units are available). I did book 2 split week units for same dates.

I think since I was a new owner, the agent without my asking, kindly asked if I wanted to put my remaining CUP points into EEE, even tho' I was well within the 4 month period prior to deeded week. She said she could make a one time exception. And she also told me which unit numbers were still available with ocean view which I could request. This was the best customer service I have had a in a long time from any of the TS systems I own :clap:

I hope Marriott taking over for HRC in the future, doesn't denigrate HRC customer service.

WalnutBaron

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
I hope Marriott taking over for HRC in the future, doesn't denigrate HRC customer service.
It's one of the nice features of HRC ownership. You're right: I hope the CS staff are retained through the ownership change.