• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hyatt San Antonio Presentation

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt San Antonio
We have owned at San Antonio for 12 years. We have visited 8 times.

We have heard the presentation every time. I think the last time in 2016, it was owned by ILG, but this time we got a guy who gave us this talk, beginning with - He didn't do sales presentations - he only did owner updates and couldn't sell any points. He took the job because he was on salary and didn't want to sell. So then he starts telling us about our program, mixing in information about the points and how they take off all the fees, etc... kind of confusing me about if he was going over our program or the points program. He informed us that ILG had bought Vistana, Sheraton and Westin and how it would give us access to these properties. Then he showed us a chart with all of them and Marriott at the top. He said they chose the name of the points portfolio bc it was similar to Marriott's portfolio program. Then he gets all excited telling us about the conference call, merging with Marriott and tells me how high ILG's stock has gotten and how they are now the leader in timeshare properties. So I asked him what the points program was. He told me he didn't sell it and I should have gotten a letter in August offering me a low number of points and since I was mad I didn't get it, he could see what he could do. He came back with the 11,000 points for $22k offer. At this point, I was very confused (and I had never been mad - just confused). Another guy comes by the desk and says to our salesman "You should check with Amy before you offer these because we aren't supposed to be offering them anymore." My sales guy didn't care at all, and I know for sure at this point, we are being played. I'm not mad I didn't get the offer, I'm mad I'm being played. I tried to get the guy to wait a couple days for my Hyatt VISA to arrive and he kept saying how the "portal would close" and she had this offer open now and basically wouldn't hear of waiting two days.

2 more offers later, we had a 700 point, every other year for about $8k or so and we signed, so that we could use both programs. I went back to my hotel room and realized, ILG didn't buy Marriott, Marriott bought ILG. So I'm buying into a points program, with an additional EOY fee that might be an expensive option, if Marriott offers us a way into the points program between all of it later... then I'm stuck with two old programs and two fees. I also realize, for the presentation that is supposed to be "only the owner update" left me not knowing ANYTHING about what I had or how to use it.

I originally liked Hyatt because when we went to our first sales meeting, the guy said, "We want you to still like Hyatt even if this isn't for you." I haven't ever felt at any meeting in the last 12 years that I was being deceived or lied to... and last week, I felt I was. We cancelled our points offering and I hope I get a chance to review the guy who "sold" it to me even though he doesn't do sales.

I wonder now if the whole thing was a lie - I have no record of receiving a points offer in August. Did any of you? I don't have any record of any of the points information at my house. Were we sent something about it?

I am wondering how the Marriott merger will affect all of it, if it will be harder to get into Hyatt properties, if we will be able to use the others easier, etc... but I hope that Marriott gets rid of these people who lie and deceive... because who wants to buy anything from someone like that. When ILG was buying Hyatt, our Hyatt person told us the truth on our visit, that they were being purchased but that we would still be able to use the Hyatt Gold Passport and it would hopefully expand what they were trying to do. The Hyatt growth had slowed so much, I was hopeful a timeshare company might be better at expanding it and finishing some of the projects better. We have stayed at 3 Marriott resorts through II and even though they are not as great, we had good experiences. I think ILG is really screwing up... they should be saying, "Marriott has purchased ILG and this will allow you so many more resorts to go to..." or whatever they want to say. Maybe they don't bc you might not buy from them NOW. But being deceitful is not the way to go... just making mad customers... it almost made me not want to go back, after 12 years of loving it. I had to work on getting over it all week.

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
There are two rules when attending an "owners update":
Rule 1 - DO NOT LISTEN TO ANYTHING the sales weasels say and NEVER give them any money.
Rule 2 - See Rule 1

Please make absolutely certain that you document your cancellation.

Marriott has not yet purchased ILG. I'm sure they will, but that transaction takes time requiring many levels of approval.

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
We just left HWOR after another fantastic week. Said no to the “owner update” and never thought about it again. Resort seemed full, lots of happy families and kids. Great daytrips to Fredericksburg and New Braunfels. Already looking forward to next June, maybe we will have clarification on the merger and points system by them. Headed to HMSS in July, but no owner update. Just don’t want the experience or exasperation you got... Thanks for the info.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
We just left HWOR after another fantastic week. Said no to the “owner update” and never thought about it again. Resort seemed full, lots of happy families and kids. Great daytrips to Fredericksburg and New Braunfels. Already looking forward to next June, maybe we will have clarification on the merger and points system by them. Headed to HMSS in July, but no owner update. Just don’t want the experience or exasperation you got... Thanks for the info.
i agree , we are done with Portfolio presentations, too frustrating and misleading. We will wait to see what Marriott does. It's interesting that most of the sales staff came from Marriott initially though. In Hawaii we were told that they lost their best sales to Hyatt Kaanapali

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt San Antonio
Did you get a letter last call about buying a small amount of points or information about the points program?

Yes. I am curious what will happen with Marriott.

PerryKing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYATT: Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Bonita Springs, and 2X Dorado Puerto Rico.
-##-
MEXICO: Crown Paradise, Royal Holiday Club, Vidanta Mayan Palace, and Vidanta "Kingdom of the Sun-Nuevo Vallarta at Vidanta World.
We have owned at San Antonio for 12 years. We have visited 8 times.

We have heard the presentation every time. I think the last time in 2016, it was owned by ILG, but this time we got a guy who gave us this talk, beginning with - He didn't do sales presentations - he only did owner updates and couldn't sell any points. He took the job because he was on salary and didn't want to sell. So then he starts telling us about our program, mixing in information about the points and how they take off all the fees, etc... kind of confusing me about if he was going over our program or the points program. He informed us that ILG had bought Vistana, Sheraton and Westin and how it would give us access to these properties. Then he showed us a chart with all of them and Marriott at the top. He said they chose the name of the points portfolio bc it was similar to Marriott's portfolio program. Then he gets all excited telling us about the conference call, merging with Marriott and tells me how high ILG's stock has gotten and how they are now the leader in timeshare properties. So I asked him what the points program was. He told me he didn't sell it and I should have gotten a letter in August offering me a low number of points and since I was mad I didn't get it, he could see what he could do. He came back with the 11,000 points for $22k offer. At this point, I was very confused (and I had never been mad - just confused). Another guy comes by the desk and says to our salesman "You should check with Amy before you offer these because we aren't supposed to be offering them anymore." My sales guy didn't care at all, and I know for sure at this point, we are being played. I'm not mad I didn't get the offer, I'm mad I'm being played. I tried to get the guy to wait a couple days for my Hyatt VISA to arrive and he kept saying how the "portal would close" and she had this offer open now and basically wouldn't hear of waiting two days.

2 more offers later, we had a 700 point, every other year for about $8k or so and we signed, so that we could use both programs. I went back to my hotel room and realized, ILG didn't buy Marriott, Marriott bought ILG. So I'm buying into a points program, with an additional EOY fee that might be an expensive option, if Marriott offers us a way into the points program between all of it later... then I'm stuck with two old programs and two fees. I also realize, for the presentation that is supposed to be "only the owner update" left me not knowing ANYTHING about what I had or how to use it.

I originally liked Hyatt because when we went to our first sales meeting, the guy said, "We want you to still like Hyatt even if this isn't for you." I haven't ever felt at any meeting in the last 12 years that I was being deceived or lied to... and last week, I felt I was. We cancelled our points offering and I hope I get a chance to review the guy who "sold" it to me even though he doesn't do sales.

I wonder now if the whole thing was a lie - I have no record of receiving a points offer in August. Did any of you? I don't have any record of any of the points information at my house. Were we sent something about it?

I am wondering how the Marriott merger will affect all of it, if it will be harder to get into Hyatt properties, if we will be able to use the others easier, etc... but I hope that Marriott gets rid of these people who lie and deceive... because who wants to buy anything from someone like that. When ILG was buying Hyatt, our Hyatt person told us the truth on our visit, that they were being purchased but that we would still be able to use the Hyatt Gold Passport and it would hopefully expand what they were trying to do. The Hyatt growth had slowed so much, I was hopeful a timeshare company might be better at expanding it and finishing some of the projects better. We have stayed at 3 Marriott resorts through II and even though they are not as great, we had good experiences. I think ILG is really screwing up... they should be saying, "Marriott has purchased ILG and this will allow you so many more resorts to go to..." or whatever they want to say. Maybe they don't bc you might not buy from them NOW. But being deceitful is not the way to go... just making mad customers... it almost made me not want to go back, after 12 years of loving it. I had to work on getting over it all week.

Did you actually mean 1100 points for $22k NOT 11,000 points. I think 11,000 points would have been priced at around $220,000.00 ?

Also how much did they say that the Maintenance fee would be for each Portfolio Point per year ?