• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hyatt points all have the same spending value for internal regardless of how much yu paid for them

PerryKing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYATT: Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Bonita Springs, and 2X Dorado Puerto Rico.
-##-
MEXICO: Crown Paradise, Royal Holiday Club, Vidanta Mayan Palace, and Vidanta "Kingdom of the Sun-Nuevo Vallarta at Vidanta World.
HEY !! Hyatt points are Hyatt points!! RIGHT ?, (That come from deeded ownership at any Resort - I'm not talking about Hyatt Pure Points However - What a Joke that is !).

Hyatt points then, are all the same and all have the same value. It does not matter where you bought them (or got them), OR WHAT YOU PIAD for them each, they all have the same value in the club for making internal reservations at any HRC property. i.e. "When you spend them" ! (That is If you can ever find availability to actually spend them outside your own preference times at your home resort). I've so far managed to say at least one time or more in every Hyatt Residence club that there is since my first purchase at the Hyatt Mountain Lodge- Beaver Creek Colorado in 1993.

I have HRC points (derived from purchasing at the deeded HRC properties and two resale's) that have cost me anywhere from $18 a point to as low as $0.0 dollars a point (I.e. Hyatt Hacienda Del Mar were last year I bought one week for $19 that came with 1300 points.) Remember that Aspen originally sold for over $32 a point on average. But points that cost me $1 or les or $18 all have the same purchasing power and value per point as any other point in the system.

So I therefore take issue with what a statement made in another post in this forum that "Hyatt Pinon Point Club has a better internal trading power than the Hyatt Hacienda del Mar in Puerto Rico does. That's just plain wrong ! To me buying in the HRC system comes down to FIRST: Buy the one you really like, want to use the most, and the week you must have. THEN, after that first purchase, if you want more, it comes down to just buying at the lowest cost per point and lowest $ Maintenance fee per point. So it does not matter which club you buy at if all you want is points and a way to just get into the Hyatt system or to expand your options once you are in after your first property purchase..

and a Note:

Also as the owner of 2 weeks at Hacienda dell Mar, I don't think damages at the resort will amount to very much, and will mostly be covered by insurance in any case. Speculation in this forum about a special assessment is just that, Speculation, with no basis to say that at this time.

Last edited:

WalnutBaron

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
To the OP: if you're going to make an argument, at least be sure you're quoting me correctly. This is what I actually said in the original question asked in the "Puerto Rico" thread (copied and pasted, so it is word for word):

"Your final question about Hyatt Hacienda Del Mar (Puerto Rico) is, as I understand it, basically asking if this property is good internal trader. The answer is no. Much better to buy at Hyatt Pinon Pointe, which has the lowest annual MF's in the Hyatt system and use it to trade internally."

I did NOT say "Hyatt Pinon Pointe has better internal trading power than Hyatt Hacienda Del Mar does". As you correctly point out, HRC points are HRC points, so the trading power is the same. What I DID say--and which you conveniently have left out of this post is that Hyatt Pinon Pointe has the lowest Maintenance Fees in the HRC system, which therefore makes it the most affordable "trader" internally.

If you're going to impugn my original statement, at least have the courtesy to be accurate.

PerryKing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYATT: Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Bonita Springs, and 2X Dorado Puerto Rico.
-##-
MEXICO: Crown Paradise, Royal Holiday Club, Vidanta Mayan Palace, and Vidanta "Kingdom of the Sun-Nuevo Vallarta at Vidanta World.
OK . I'm very sorry about that. Your Point is taken. I was incorrectly paraphrasing what you said. Which was originally: "However, since Pinon Pointe's MF's are the lowest in the HRC system, the best internal "trader"--if you want to call it that--would be Pinon Pointe." Guess I jumped over the "MF" qualification you made, because I was probably thinking more about the cost per point based on the market price of some resell prices I've seen and taken advantage of more so than the cost per point of the maintenance fee.. However I do think that other HVC resells are possibly a much better cost per point ( for internal trade purposes ) than currently buying at Pinon Point is, or may be. Two sides of the same coin you might say. One will have to decide which of the two factors is the most important to them. For me it's the initial cost per point. Next time I will think through things more carefully before I jump in critically. So again please accept my apology, and best regards to you. Thank You. Perry / Arvada Colorado