• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hyatt Pinon Pointe - II cancelled OGS because resort no longer participating

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Found this a bit strange....especially since II owns Hyatt (at least I think they do)

A friend has OGS with II for both Pinon Pointe, Sedona and Wild Oak, San Antonio for the fall of 2018. She received a call from II recently and the told her they were dropping Pinon Pointe because the resort no longer is participating in the program. They told her Wild Oak was ok though.

Anyone with the scoop? Hyatt properties are nice exchanges to get, would hate to see this be a trend.

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Wow. It's always something, isn't it?

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
That is very odd considering anyone can still add Pinion Pointe to an OGS. I would tell your friend to get online and add it right back.

Would I put it past a rogue II rep (some are independent and not employees) to do something like this because they want the match to satisfy another request? No I would not. It's a conspiracy theory but I cannot figure out why a rep would go out of their way to remove a valid resort code from an OGS. Even if they are no longer "participating", whatever that means, it is not hurting anything to leave it on the OGS.

There have been 322 rating reviews from confirmed exchangers in the last 22 months. That does not include exchangers who did not fill out the rating form. Many don't.

Last edited:

melissy123

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
That's one of my favorites. But Saintsfan is right... you would think it can't be added to an OGS if the original information is true.

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
That is weird. We've traded into Pinon Pointe several times, and think it's odd for Interval to take one Hyatt property out of a search, but leave others in - why?

mdurette

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, we just did an exchange there this past April and my parents are headed there later this month with a getaway purchase for them.

She said she was just told that resort would no longer be participating. Just odd.

WalnutBaron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Weird. I am an owner at Pinon Pointe and have not heard of this before. What's really strange about it is that Hyatt owners who deposit their weeks into II cannot re-trade back into Hyatt, so the only chance they have of booking a Hyatt internal trade is during the so-called "Club Use Period" (CUP). Once the CUP expires, the owner has two options: either deposit into II or enter the Limited Club Use Period (LCUP), which severely limits the ability of the owner to effect an internal trade and substantially reduces the value of the ownership. Can Hyatt Pinon Pointe be so fully sold that it doesn't need II's help to secure exchanges? I can't imagine that to be the case, but I also have no theory on why this new policy has been enacted.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Even if that were the case it would simply be tagged as “Limited Exhange Availability” but still available to add to an OGS. I believe every member resort can be added to a search so it would have to be completely removed from II to have it excluded. It is still there and available.

WalnutBaron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Availability now showing up under Getaways on II.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Let's hope this does not become a trend for the most popular resorts, especially the elite resorts, or whatever they call that designation.

We enjoyed Hyatt Pinon Pointe, but Rick and I decided once to Sedona was all we needed to do. Now it's on to other parts of AZ and the Grand Canyon. The Diamond Resort, The Summit, was almost as nice as the Hyatt. The living area was a lot bigger, and so was the kitchen.

Maybe the refurb pulled inventory out of the exchange system.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Let's hope this does not become a trend for the most popular resorts, especially the elite resorts, or whatever they call that designation.

We enjoyed Hyatt Pinon Pointe, but Rick and I decided once to Sedona was all we needed to do. Now it's on to other parts of AZ and the Grand Canyon. The Diamond Resort, The Summit, was almost as nice as the Hyatt. The living area was a lot bigger, and so was the kitchen.

Maybe the refurb pulled inventory out of the exchange system.

This is disturbing to say the least. Wild Oak Ranch is also on getaways a plenty all the way until May but nothing for exchange. I was going to say that Pinion Pointe was developer and not owner deposits but Wild Oak Ranch clearly has some of what would have been deposits. Pathetic.

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This is disturbing to say the least. Wild Oak Ranch is also on getaways a plenty all the way until May but nothing for exchange. I was going to say that Pinion Pointe was developer and not owner deposits but Wild Oak Ranch clearly has some of what would have been deposits. Pathetic.

As I stated in a similar thread elsewhere, looks like II is taking a page from the RCI playbook, and skimming off the best exchange inventory for getaways that make more money than exchanges.

mdurette

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wonder.....

When you try to put in an OGS for this resort they have 2 options for this resort. HPI and HYN.
But, if you look at resort directory there is only HYN.

Wonder if she put HPI and that is why that was cancelled. I will have to ask next time I see her.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
As I stated in a similar thread elsewhere, looks like II is taking a page from the RCI playbook, and skimming off the best exchange inventory for getaways that make more money than exchanges.

I know for a fact that Soleil Management inventory on RCI extra exchanges is unsold inventory. All of these salespeople who say the resort is almost sold our or is sold out are not being honest. RCI offers this option to all resorts with unsold inventory. RCI gets some cash, and the resort gets some cash. That is why DVC is with RCI. Do you really think anyone pays the prices Disney charges for the Deluxe Villas? Who really pays $600 per night for the one bedrooms at SSR?