• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hyatt Piñon Pointe Resale Purchase Timeline

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
June 12 - sent first inquiry to an ad on TUG
July 10 - agreed on price with the seller and signed agreement sent to LT Transfers
July 12 - ROFR sent to Hyatt
August 14 - ROFR waived
August 28 - deed sent to county for electronic recording, received recorded deed same day, transfer package sent to Hyatt
September 20 - transfer complete

One hiccup is that the home week reservation did not transfer despite it being in the agreement and on a separate document requesting existing reservation to be transferred to the new owner. The reservation was cancelled and points deposited in my new Hyatt account. I called Hyatt and they reinstated the reservation, with a new number, so all is good in the end.

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
Excellent and congrats! We were first timers in Sedona last week, it was phenomenal! We will be going back, probably annually. What week did you purchase, if you don't mind me asking?

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
Excellent and congrats! We were first timers in Sedona last week, it was phenomenal! We will be going back, probably annually. What week did you purchase, if you don't mind me asking?

Week 11, which is silver and therefore was cheap. Interestingly, next week 12 is platinum and expensive. Week 11 always falls on school spring break for our kids, so we bought to use and not to trade. We were in Arizona last year in March and it was fantastic. We visited Sedona and Havasupai - it's just unreal!

NWTRVLRS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Congrats! Adore Sedona and have been there for the last 4 years :)

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
June 12 - sent first inquiry to an ad on TUG
July 10 - agreed on price with the seller and signed agreement sent to LT Transfers
July 12 - ROFR sent to Hyatt
August 14 - ROFR waived
August 28 - deed sent to county for electronic recording, received recorded deed same day, transfer package sent to Hyatt
September 20 - transfer complete

One hiccup is that the home week reservation did not transfer despite it being in the agreement and on a separate document requesting existing reservation to be transferred to the new owner. The reservation was cancelled and points deposited in my new Hyatt account. I called Hyatt and they reinstated the reservation, with a new number, so all is good in the end.
May the vortex be with you!

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Week 11, which is silver and therefore was cheap. Interestingly, next week 12 is platinum and expensive. Week 11 always falls on school spring break for our kids, so we bought to use and not to trade. We were in Arizona last year in March and it was fantastic. We visited Sedona and Havasupai - it's just unreal!
Congratulations, that was a great find for you, enjoy!

WalnutBaron

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Nice going! We also own at Sedona (Christmas Week) and just love it there. One of the pluses of owning Week 11--if you're so inclined--is that you can sandwich your stay between one or two weekends in Scottsdale/Phoenix to see a couple of Spring Training baseball games. It's a ton of fun, very low-key, and no matter how bad your team is, during that time of year everyone is tied for first place!

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
outstanding win win!

one TUG member gets an great deal on a resale timeshare.

other TUG member gets to unload an unwanted timeshare!

sts1732

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sunset Harbor Key, west
Pinion pointe Sedona, az.
Congrats on your new TS. We own wk. 37 which is up coming next week. As Brian so eloquently put in a past post.........."looking forward to wearing my POOL LOUNGING" OFFICAL TUG tshirt.....:cool:

Rcsting

Reaction score
I just noticed a Pinon Pointe week 9 for sale on this site at a pretty good price. Does Hyatt have to approve the sale ? Still learning this stuff.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
You know something funny? When I was looking at reviews of Hyatt Pinon Pointe, I saw some people saying it needed updated. What? It's supposed to have that Arizona mountain feel to it. It was rather cabin-like and I loved it. I would love to go again, but maybe in about five years. :)

WalnutBaron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
You know something funny? When I was looking at reviews of Hyatt Pinon Pointe, I saw some people saying it needed updated. What? It's supposed to have that Arizona mountain feel to it. It was rather cabin-like and I loved it. I would love to go again, but maybe in about five years. :)
I agree, Rick. The decor is current--not modernistic, but with a mountain feel, because...guess what? The resort is in the mountains! It's a beautiful resort, and beautifully maintained.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
I just noticed a Pinon Pointe week 9 for sale on this site at a pretty good price. Does Hyatt have to approve the sale ? Still learning this stuff.
Hyatt has right of first refusal. They seem to be taking back a lot of Florida resorts and low priced 2200 weeks. It's worth a try though. Good luck!