• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hyatt Ka'anapali offer showed up in the mail.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
I took advantage of this a few years ago and didn't think I would see another.

$995 for 5 nights in a 2BR including a rental car and 7000 Hyatt hotel points.

I jumped on it immediately. We love this property.

Sapper

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Was there a generic code or did it look like a unique code?

There is a five night offer online, but it’s $600 a night... so not really an offer.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
It was a unique code.

capjak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BC & SSR, Marriott GV+MVC Pts, WKORV & SVV, HGVC Flamingo
We are here now on that promo in a 2 bd oceanfront 3rd floor. The resort and condo is one of the best I have seen and we own oceanfront at WKORV north. Hyatt is a step up no doubt just wonder how easy trade a fixed week for another fixed week if you need to do that. I want one

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
We are here now on that promo in a 2 bd oceanfront 3rd floor. The resort and condo is one of the best I have seen and we own oceanfront at WKORV north. Hyatt is a step up no doubt just wonder how easy trade a fixed week for another fixed week if you need to do that. I want one

We loved it two years ago but back then the resale prices were still sky high.

Denise L

Tug Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Starwood/Vistana, Disney, Hyatt, HGVC
Wow, nice offer. We paid $1695 plus tax for 5 nights in a two-bedroom last year. No rental car, no Hyatt points. Would love to get targeted for that $995 price.

capjak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Met someone that traded 2 bedroom key west for their 2 bedroom here on Maui nice trade

Pathways

TUG Member
Reaction score
Met someone that traded 2 bedroom key west for their 2 bedroom here on Maui nice trade

Just for clarification, they 'traded' it for the week as in the KB owner is now using the KW week in a private one off exchange?(very unusual to do this). Or did they trade their week ownership?

Or did they use Hyatt Residence Club points (which may have come from the KW week) to reserve the HKB week? (This is the typical way for Hyatt owners)

capjak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Not sure exactly as I am not familiar with Hyatt system. She owns at Key West January Week and put a request in year in advance to give her unit up for Maui. She stated it was a Hyatt internal trade.

Pathways

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not sure exactly as I am not familiar with Hyatt system. She owns at Key West January Week and put a request in year in advance to give her unit up for Maui. She stated it was a Hyatt internal trade.

Thanks - Got it! That means she just used points like any other HRC owner.

GoToAgent

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Desert Breezes, Palm Canyon, Sheraton Flex
My mother is there now on the $995 Package, Tour Required. If she says no to purchasing, will they offer her an "explorer, or return"? Like others have said, she states it is a gorgeous property.

Any input or what you've experienced would be appreciated. Thanks.

melissy123

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think it’s called Access. The return offer is $3500 for 7 nights. I turned it down.

GoToAgent

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Desert Breezes, Palm Canyon, Sheraton Flex
I think it’s called Access. The return offer is $3500 for 7 nights. I turned it down.
Thank you - Would that have been for a 2 bedroom oceanfront? If so, not that bad, if they have decent availability

melissy123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes. Two bedroom oceanfront. I had such a hard time getting the original five night reservation that I didn’t trust them on this one.

Moparman42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas x2
I just got this offer in my email inbox!! I have been wanting to try the Hyatt, but am already scheduled to go for a week in November at the Westin Kaanapali villas. I would love the tire them end to end. What kind of difficulty was had booking the desired week/days? I'll be making my calls and trying to nail it down, but getting the two weeks together may be difficult at best. I may just save the Hyatt for January. Any suggestions?

a1000monkeys

Reaction score
I got this offer too but there are no rooms available to book. I called and they said they haven't released any inventory for the offer. Seems like someone screwed up. I'm not buying it until I know I can go.

We did the offer a few years ago and it was $1595 back then. No rental car but I think it came with 10,000 Hyatt points and free valet parking. My wife got the offer the first time. I'm surprised I got it and that it is actually a better deal. Hopefully they will release inventory so I can book something before I decide to buy. Definitely nicest timeshare unit I have stayed in.

Our timeshare presentation dragged on way too long though. About 2.5 hours. This time I'll set a timer.

a1000monkeys

Reaction score
I took advantage of this a few years ago and didn't think I would see another.

$995 for 5 nights in a 2BR including a rental car and 7000 Hyatt hotel points.

I jumped on it immediately. We love this property.

Were you able to book a room? When I called there were no rooms available for any dates.

melissy123

TUG Member
Reaction score
I called something like 15 times to get the booking. At one point they said inventory will open up June 2018 for 2019 reservation. That was back in April of 2018. When I called back in mid-May of 2018, suddenly 2019 dates were available but my dates were gone (for DH birthday in early February). Had to take what was left at that time to be able to get something.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
Were you able to book a room? When I called there were no rooms available for any dates.

Yeah, no problem in October. I added it on to a Hawaii trip I already had planned.

a1000monkeys

Reaction score
Yeah, no problem in October. I added it on to a Hawaii trip I already had planned.

You must have booked the moment you got the offer. I got through today after being on hold for 20 minutes and got a guy who sounded like he hated his job. Said all inventory available was snapped up the day the offer went out. He said they expect to release more inventory this summer but I'm not going to buy the certificate with no guarantee I can use it. I have kids in school so I don't have a ton of flexibility and we are already booked for the Big Island this summer. Bummer.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
You must have booked the moment you got the offer. I got through today after being on hold for 20 minutes and got a guy who sounded like he hated his job. Said all inventory available was snapped up the day the offer went out. He said they expect to release more inventory this summer but I'm not going to buy the certificate with no guarantee I can use it. I have kids in school so I don't have a ton of flexibility and we are already booked for the Big Island this summer. Bummer.

You are correct. I called immediately. I tried to attach it to my Hawaii trip in April but they had nothing so I asked about October and they had it.

zentraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Four Seasons Residence Club
You are correct. I called immediately. I tried to attach it to my Hawaii trip in April but they had nothing so I asked about October and they had it.

I guess my odds of getting an offer as a non-owner are nonexistent now. We used to get quite a few of these ...