• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hyatt Kaanapali changing to points?

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
We met a guy on the island whose good friend is a top salesman for Kaanapali. He told us his friend was leaving Hyatt as they were going to be converting to the points program. . This guy we met said his friend was upset about it
We actually know the salesman he mentioned as he did a past presentation for us. This is the first I have heard of this. Maybe his friend was confused? Has anyone else heard hints of this?

PerryKing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYATT: Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Bonita Springs, and 2X Dorado Puerto Rico.
-##-
MEXICO: Crown Paradise, Royal Holiday Club, Vidanta Mayan Palace, and Vidanta "Kingdom of the Sun-Nuevo Vallarta at Vidanta World.
By "Points" do you mean the Hyatt Portfolio points program? Did you take what your friend said to mean " Converting to the points program" exclusively for the remaining inventory at Kaanapali Beach ? That should be some units if that's what they meant. I wonder how sold out Kaanapali Beach is i.e. how many units are left to sell that would become part of the Portfolio program, and what the current owners might do to stop it, Like the Law suite filed by the Hyatt Grand Aspen claiming that the Points program is diminishing the value of their owned interest.

Seems to me that the immediate effect will (might) effect the salesman more than the current owners under the deeded ownership they already have or even other club members of other properties, but not sure how it will effect the long term value of the units on the resell market. ?

Based on my sitting in for the sales pitch for the PORTFOLIO POINT PROGRAM at Hyatt Residence Points sales center in downtown Key West, I was not impressed with what I heard or the cost to join up (even as a current Hyatt owner) , but I did tell them if they started the program, as they say, "to improve the club for all members", I said then "if that is the case then just give all members the same access and privilege's to the Portfolio Points program at NO COST to us". that did not seem to get me anywhere. However I did earn a $200 gift card for listing to them, and a free taxi ride back to the Beach House.

Last edited:

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
By "Points" do you mean the Hyatt Portfolio points program? Did you take what your friend said to mean " Converting to the points program" exclusively for the remaining inventory at Kaanapali Beach ? That should be some units if that's what they meant. I wonder how sold out Kaanapali Beach is i.e. how many units are left to sell that would become part of the Portfolio program, and what the current owners might do to stop it, Like the Law suite filed by the Hyatt Grand Aspen claiming that the Points program is diminishing the value of their owned interest.

Seems to me that the immediate effect will (might) effect the salesman more than the current owners under the deeded ownership they already have or even other club members of other properties, but not sure how it will effect the long term value of the units on the resell market. ?

Based on my sitting in for the sales pitch for the PORTFOLIO POINT PROGRAM at Hyatt Residence Points sales center in downtown Key West, I was not impressed with what I heard or the cost to join up (even as a current Hyatt owner) , but I did tell them if they started the program, as they say, "to improve the club for all members", I said then "if that is the case then just give all members the same access and privilege's to the Portfolio Points program at NO COST to us". that did not seem to get me anywhere. However I did earn a $200 gift card for listing to them, and a free taxi ride back to the Beach House.
The impression was Portfolio but when I asked a rep in management he said no. He thought it referred to Marriott members being able to book Hyatt Residence club with hotel points. Not sure why that would worry sales. I guess time will tell.