• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hyatt Coconut Plantation, Bonita Springs...

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I recently secured an exchange here. Very excited!

Occupancy is 2 BR - sleeps 6 privately, 8 total

Researching, I can see they have dedicated and lock offs. Anyone know if the sleeps 8 means it is a LO?

Also....anything you want to let me know about the resort and area - go for it. Never been to the resort or that area of Florida!

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
It’s a great resort.

They have a private island and takes about a 15 minute free boat ride to get there. You also have access to Hyatt Hotel next doors pools, water slides, and lazy river. However, Lazy river at resort is nicer.

Hotel has restaurant that are all good, may be a bit pricey. But you are also located about 5 miles from a bunch of food options in town.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort

Researching, I can see they have dedicated and lock offs. Anyone know if the sleeps 8 means it is a LO?

Also....anything you want to let me know about the resort and area - go for it. Never been to the resort or that area of Florida!
I traded into there two years ago and it was one of my favorite trades ever and that was with me getting sick with fever and only getting to enjoy 2 days. I hope to trade in again.

I had traded into a two bedroom and when I got there they told me that I had a lockoff and would I like a bedroom that wasn’t a lockoff? They suggested being it was only the two of us a non lockoff unit would be better for us and we took it. It was spacious and beautifully done.

Kelso

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Sleeps 6 privately in the bedrooms or 8 if two are on the sleeper sofa in the living area.

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
I live a few miles away, know a lot about the area, if you have questions

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef

I’m so envious. Have a wonder time. This is a beautiful area.

LMD

TUG Member
Reaction score

We love this resort and have exchanged into it as a "staycation" since we don't live that far away in Naples. Our unit was a lockoff. I just looked at my interval confirmation this is what it said Unit: 5262L (2 Bedrooms) Sleeps 6/max 8 The main door entered into a vestibule and there was a one bedroom with a bath and kitchenette behind one door and the one bedroom with living room and full kitchen behind the other door. We went to the beach by boat on two occasions. It was really nice and not crowded. There are bathroom facilities and picnic tables. The resort has great pools and a lazy river. My daughter spent most of the time in the lazy river. They supply the tubes! You also have access to the facilities at the Hyatt hotel down the way which has a water park with slides. There are lots of places to eat and shopping close by.

audax one

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Residence Club va Hyatt Portfolio Points program
Anyone know the best (and legit) way to sell "vacation ownership" points, recently purchased (2019)?

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
Anyone know the best (and legit) way to sell "vacation ownership" points, recently purchased (2019)?

Someone will likely be along to suggest a better place to post that, and you need to share a bit more information.

hicksville

Reaction score

How did you trade in? We have hgvc and since we will both be retired this year, are looking to do the snowbird thing without going broke...

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
we will both be retired this year, are looking to do the snowbird thing without going broke...

Anyone hear me chucking? :D

When we timeshare-snowbirded, I figured it at roughly $2000/week, and that was up until the 15-20 available resorts suddenly disappeared, early 2000s.

Starting in 2011, when we bought a foreclosure, and 2015, when we sold it and bought the house next door on a Tax Deed, we have been way ahead, and measure our Snowbirding in months, not weeks. We've got beach, we've got boating, we've got golf, and we've got 80°.

There are some owners in the local timeshare that Snowbird from the up-North area that I grew up in, that I met when we traded into there because I heard names from my youth when they talked to each other, and they are still coming down for several weeks. I found that to be true at several SWFL resorts.

Having said that, there are some nice HGVC resorts in SWFL, not that we ever traded into them.

Snowbird vacation rentals generally run $2000-$4000/month, and we have acquaintances around that do that. They get boating and "beach club" from us.

Last edited: