• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hyatt Beach House - What kind of deal did you get buying Resale?

Sapper

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
So my best friend who purchased this HBH unit back in October and with it passing ROFR at the end of November still does not have access to this unit.

What should I advise her to do. Her realtor says they are just waiting for the ded to be recorded.

Ugh, I hope the one I bought doesn’t take this long

Two points of reference, we bought Beach House in 2016... It took six months from start to finish. We were told the county in Key West was slow. We bought Highlands Inn at the end of October 18, cleared ROFR 2 Jan 19. We are still waiting to see it in our existing Hyatt account, or the II account.

ResaleExpert

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Beach House 2 diamond weeks
Hyatt Windward Pointe 2 diamond weeks
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch week 26
Hyatt Pinon Pointe Sold
Hyatt High Sierra Lodge Sold
Hyatt Coconut Cove Sold
Marriott Royal Palms 35 year
Sands of Kahana fractional (sold)
Two points of reference, we bought Beach House in 2016... It took six months from start to finish. We were told the county in Key West was slow. We bought Highlands Inn at the end of October 18, cleared ROFR 2 Jan 19. We are still waiting to see it in our existing Hyatt account, or the II account.
If this went through an experience title / escrow company then they will have the exact date that they sent a certified copy of the new deed to Hyatt. Hyatt has up to 30 business days from the day they receive to enroll the new owner. Key is the date that Hyatt received and this should be a very easy day to obtain from the source that sent the deed to them.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef

Thank you for the point of reference. Since your Key West took 6 months to clear, how did you use your week that year and how can you reserve the week for the following year. Thanks for the help.

ResaleExpert

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe Sold
Hyatt Coconut Cove Sold
Hyatt does take up to 30 business days to enroll; I've never had them take more than a few days longer and even then they typically have enrollment within those days FROM the day they receive.
Not sure why or how it took over 30 calendar days for Hyatt to waive; I've sold about 700 Hyatt weeks and NEVER has this happened.
Key West is in Monroe County and they take 2-10 days max to record the deed. Seems there are issues that should never happen so not sure why these lengthy delays should have or could have taken place.

Sapper

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the point of reference. Since your Key West took 6 months to clear, how did you use your week that year and how can you reserve the week for the following year. Thanks for the help.

We used the points (2016&2017)for a stay at Aspen (twice, mud season/fall), Puerto Rico, Highlands Inn, and Wild Oak (twice). For 2018 we used four days from our week at Beach House and four days at the Park Hyatt in Beaver Creek. For 2019 we booked the Beach house week exactly as 2018. We were hoping the Highlands Inn would transfer more quickly, but it has not... and we are discussing what to do with the points (possibly deposit in II?).

Sapper

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hyatt does take up to 30 business days to enroll; I've never had them take more than a few days longer and even then they typically have enrollment within those days FROM the day they receive.
Not sure why or how it took over 30 calendar days for Hyatt to waive; I've sold about 700 Hyatt weeks and NEVER has this happened.
Key West is in Monroe County and they take 2-10 days max to record the deed. Seems there are issues that should never happen so not sure why these lengthy delays should have or could have taken place.

On the Beach House transfer, I was never told when things were happening, so I have no idea who was dragging their feet. I put the blame on the transfer company, not Hyatt.

On the Highlands Inn transfer, the transfer company has been responsive. They have emailed me about everything. Hyatt (supposedly now Vistana) took 22 calendar days (which includes the Christmas and New Year holidays) to clear ROFR. I just went back through my email so I could give an accurate date for what is currently going on. I found an email I missed from 29 Jan stating they are sending the transfer paperwork to Hyatt. So, hopefully early March we can do something with it.

My expectations for the Highlands Inn transfer were set fairly low due to the slow experience of the Beach House transfer.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Sweet, I just received the tracking number that my broker sent over to Hyatt for my 2200, week 15 I purchased for $4K. I’m still in awe that I got a Hyatt Beach House for this price.

I feel so blessed to have gotten this deal. I will wait to the 20 day mark and start calling Hyatt.

I’m so excited that both my best friend and I now will have Hyatt Beach House.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We used the points (2016&2017)for a stay at Aspen (twice, mud season/fall), Puerto Rico, Highlands Inn, and Wild Oak (twice). For 2018 we used four days from our week at Beach House and four days at the Park Hyatt in Beaver Creek. For 2019 we booked the Beach house week exactly as 2018. We were hoping the Highlands Inn would transfer more quickly, but it has not... and we are discussing what to do with the points (possibly deposit in II?).

So my friend still has not received her recorded deed or is recognized in Hyatt as the owner.

Since her week 10, will start March 8,2020. Will she even have the opportunity to book her owned week? Once she is recognized as the owner what should she do next.

I feel bad for her, the unit I purchased is moving along quicker as I’ve already received my recorded deed.

ResaleExpert

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe Sold
Hyatt Coconut Cove Sold
So my friend still has not received her recorded deed or is recognized in Hyatt as the owner.

Since her week 10, will start March 8,2020. Will she even have the opportunity to book her owned week? Once she is recognized as the owner what should she do next.

I feel bad for her, the unit I purchased is moving along quicker as I’ve already received my recorded deed.

You must reserve your week more than six months out and this should Information would have been in her closing documents.
Hyatt has up to 30 business days to enroll a new buyer from the day they receive the certified copy of the deed.
If she paid the dues and did not have the reservation then it appears she will only have use of the Limited Points for the next six months to reserve within Hyatt 1-60 days ahead. She may have to be very flexible to get anything she wants. Bill

Sapper

TUG Member
Reaction score

Her week in 2020 should still be doable. Her 2019 will be points, and they might allow her to deposit in EEE for II even though it's past that decision period. She could also use the points internally, but they will soon be in LCUP; still useful as some people have to change good reserved weeks/units to points at the last minute (because their plans changed), but she will need to have flexibility in her schedule to take advantage of that situation.

Sapper

TUG Member
Reaction score
@ResaleExpert

Hey Bill, you state that Hyatt has thirty days once they receive the paperwork. Let's say that they receive the paperwork on the first of the month. On the fifteenth of the month they send the closing company a form for the tax folks in California. Lets say i get that signed California tax document back to them on the 20th. Is the transfer paperwork considered "received" on the first of the month or the 20th?

ResaleExpert

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe Sold
Hyatt Coconut Cove Sold
@ResaleExpert

Hey Bill, you state that Hyatt has thirty days once they receive the paperwork. Let's say that they receive the paperwork on the first of the month. On the fifteenth of the month they send the closing company a form for the tax folks in California. Lets say i get that signed California tax document back to them on the 20th. Is the transfer paperwork considered "received" on the first of the month or the 20th?

Hyatt has up to 30 Business days to enroll from the day they receive the certified copy of the deed. Escrow companies will have this date.

ResaleExpert

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe Sold
Hyatt Coconut Cove Sold
Hyatt has up to 30 Business days to enroll from the day they receive the certified copy of the deed. Escrow companies will have this date.
Not sure how tax documents will affect this as that should have been part of the closing documents not 15 days later.

Sapper

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not sure how tax documents will affect this as that should have been part of the closing documents not 15 days later.

I agree, it should have been in the closing docs. This title company seems to be very communicative as they have emailed me regularly to let me know where things stand. However, there have been a couple of documents they needed signed after the fact (like this tax document) which could have easily been signed when the bulk of the documents were signed. Things are still moving faster than my six month Beach House transfer, and they are talking to me, so I'm still a happy customer. I'll be happier once it's all done though, I love Highlands Inn.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Her week in 2020 should still be doable. Her 2019 will be points, and they might allow her to deposit in EEE for II even though it's past that decision period. She could also use the points internally, but they will soon be in LCUP; still useful as some people have to change good reserved weeks/units to points at the last minute (because their plans changed), but she will need to have flexibility in her schedule to take advantage of that situation.

Sapper: thanks so much, I will share this info with my friend. She wants to book Bonita Springs in early December. Hopefully she can use her 2019 points to do so.

Your a wealth of info

ResaleExpert

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe Sold
Hyatt Coconut Cove Sold
Sapper: thanks so much, I will share this info with my friend. She wants to book Bonita Springs in early December. Hopefully she can use her 2019 points to do so.

Your a wealth of info
IF she paid for the 2019 dues then she was NOT provided with representation that was in her benefit. The ~$1,350 dues are not being utilized as they should have been for paying these dues. She should have either had the week reserved -or- had the points in CUP with far more time to use ** and KNOWN this ahead** of signing. I Still cannot understand how / why this took so long on all aspects.
Hyatt MUST reply within 30 days on their ROFR and MUST enroll within 30 BUSINESS days from receipt of deed which should be 2-3 days after closing.

Sapper

TUG Member
Reaction score

Your a wealth of info

Thanks, I am just trying to help others as I have been helped so much by the other members here in TUG.

Here is the rub with the LCUP points, the reservation needs to begin within 60 days of making the reservation AND the reservation must be made during the LCUP window which is six months from the first day of your use week. Week ten is March 9 (assuming Saturday arrival), six months later is roughly September 9, 60 days later is roughly November 9. Unfortunately, I don't think your friend will be able to reserve Bonita Springs for early December. Having said all of that, if I were in her position (and I may be depending on how long the one I have currently in transfer takes), on her very first call to Hyatt, right after she finds out the transfer is done and the unit is in her name, have her explain to the agent that the transfer took longer than expected, that she missed her week 10 use, that her points are now in LCUP so missed the regular CUP, and that she really just wants that week at Bonita in December. IF there is availability (just checked, there is currently a ton), the agent might ask "corporate" IF they can make her requested week happen. I have had situations change on me (life happens) and the Hyatt agents have called corporate and they have done things outside the regular rules to try and make the situation better. The Hyatt folks are very helpful and will do what they can. There are limits, and my experience was pre Marriott ownership, so I would be ready with a back up option.

WalnutBaron

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Thanks, I am just trying to help others as I have been helped so much by the other members here in TUG.

Here is the rub with the LCUP points, the reservation needs to begin within 60 days of making the reservation AND the reservation must be made during the LCUP window which is six months from the first day of your use week. Week ten is March 9 (assuming Saturday arrival), six months later is roughly September 9, 60 days later is roughly November 9. Unfortunately, I don't think your friend will be able to reserve Bonita Springs for early December. Having said all of that, if I were in her position (and I may be depending on how long the one I have currently in transfer takes), on her very first call to Hyatt, right after she finds out the transfer is done and the unit is in her name, have her explain to the agent that the transfer took longer than expected, that she missed her week 10 use, that her points are now in LCUP so missed the regular CUP, and that she really just wants that week at Bonita in December. IF there is availability (just checked, there is currently a ton), the agent might ask "corporate" IF they can make her requested week happen. I have had situations change on me (life happens) and the Hyatt agents have called corporate and they have done things outside the regular rules to try and make the situation better. The Hyatt folks are very helpful and will do what they can. There are limits, and my experience was pre Marriott ownership, so I would be ready with a back up option.
Just a note to say that this is excellent advice from Sapper. Kudos!