• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hurricane Lane

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Have you stayed at Kapa'a before? It is a small pleasant Resort. We enjoyed our time there several years ago. It is right on the ocean - non-swimming. If I remember correctly the two bedrooms are on the top floor - no elevators. It is a loft not a true 2 bedroom. We had a 1 bedroom on the 1st floor. Go out on Lanai, turn left, 15 steps to water. Only the 3rd floor rooms have cloth washer/dryers inn the Condo. There is an onsite coin operated laundry. However the front desk will give WMTC Owners coins for the washer/dryers

This will be our first trip to Kapa'a. Non-swimming beach no problem for us -- haven't so much as stuck a toe in the water on the last half dozen trips to Hawaii.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
We are almost back to normal at Ko Olina. Still cloudy and little windy. But, no rain. The pool and beach are open and the resort is gradually putting everything back together. We feel very lucky and hope things improve for all who were impacted.
Do you want to meet for a chat with a fellow tugger? I am at dave and busters in town right now. Will be back about 630 PM if you want to meet up. I am in kona tower 11013. Thanks

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

krj9999

TUG Member
Reaction score
At MKO we did receive a later notice about filling the tub with water (right before we checked out on Friday, as they were inspecting the rooms to find out if the balcony furniture had been brought inside). I guess they provide that notice closer to actual expected event.

they dont suggest filling up the bathtub with water? (or do those rooms not have a tub)?

thats pretty much the norm for here in florida when a big storm is headed this way.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Have you stayed at Kapa'a before? It is a small pleasant Resort. We enjoyed our time there several years ago. It is right on the ocean - non-swimming. If I remember correctly the two bedrooms are on the top floor - no elevators. It is a loft not a true 2 bedroom. We had a 1 bedroom on the 1st floor. Go out on Lanai, turn left, 15 steps to water. Only the 3rd floor rooms have cloth washer/dryers inn the Condo. There is an onsite coin operated laundry. However the front desk will give WMTC Owners coins for the washer/dryers

Also, great bike rental/riding on the trails.....and a very good happy hour right around the corner!

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Hi, katsgarden - we leave for Kauai early tomorrow morning, heading for Waiohai. I’ll let you know what we find!
While the weather report says it’s going to be rainy for a few days, it seems like Kauai was spared the worst of the storm. The airports are open and we’re hoping that everyone on island has come through without too much trouble.

Perhaps I’ll catch up with you at the bar. :thumbup:

The lava-flow at Waiohai is quite good.....but the drinks at Brennecke's next door (especially the mai tai's) are much better IMO.
Of course, nothing beats your own Mai Tai's--courtesy of Costco and POG--watching the sunset and listening to the band.

Have fun!

katsgarden

TUG Member
Reaction score
The lava-flow at Waiohai is quite good.....but the drinks at Brennecke's next door (especially the mai tai's) are much better IMO.
Of course, nothing beats your own Mai Tai's--courtesy of Costco and POG--watching the sunset and listening to the band.

Have fun!
Good to know!

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Enjoy your visit. Kapaa is one of the more relaxing places to stay.

And don’t forget to watch the Little League World Series tomorrow.

Hawaii for the Championship!
Saw in the paper that Hawaii beat Georgia and will play for the title. :whooopie:

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI

sdtugger

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do you want to meet for a chat with a fellow tugger? I am at dave and busters in town right now. Will be back about 630 PM if you want to meet up. I am in kona tower 11013. Thanks

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Frank, I’m sorry that I missed this post last night. We were out to a wonderful dinner at Roys and came back, quickly packed, and crashed for the night. We check out this morning and are grateful that we should have no problems getting home. I hope we can get together another time.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
You can buy Koloa Dark Rum and POG at Costco. The Koloa Rum normally costs less at Costco than at the Koloa Distillery just a few blocks away.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
You can buy Koloa Dark Rum and POG at Costco. The Koloa Rum normally costs less at Costco than at the Koloa Distillery just a few blocks away.

We did the test last time: Walmart was cheaper on Koloa rum. Not all Koloa....but definitely on the coffee flavor. Costco and Safeway both have the Koloa line at very cheap prices. Not worth the trip over to Walmart.

Oh yeah...the tours (daily) with free tastings at Koloa are a hoot! We usually buy one sampler to take home to the plebes that didn't get to come along....

On the other hand....the POG can be very tricky to find sometimes. Safeway usually has it...unless it's sold out. I use the Koloa Mai Tai mix with a generous pour of POG and add rum to taste. I prefer the dark splashed on top. Others like coconut mixed-in. To each his own.

Either way....plenty good.

Here's a tip: If you can see thru it.....it might have too much rum.

upload_2018-8-26_15-18-45.png

Kapolei

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers during this event. Our major population center was spared, our little league team won the World Series, and even the football team notched an impressive win on the road. Quite a weekend.

I got to really give credit to all those behind the scenes that put their hearts and souls into the safety of our residents and visitors. Hawaii is truly a special place to live.

elizk

TUG Member
Reaction score

Have fun!
Rob, you are so right - picked up a bottle of the Koloa Dark today at Costco! Great minds...
Landed in Lihue this morning to wind and rain, it’s pretty soggy but happy to say the storm did no worse.
Rained on and off for most of the day, but had a pleasant walk on the beach and then some cocktails later in the evening - beautiful, breezy night.

Katsgarden, I think you’ll be just fine - keep an eye on tropical storm Miriam, and make some mental rainy day plans just in case.

And get the Koloa Dark.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Glad to hear our beloved Kauai faired well during the storm.
Warm thoughts and quick recovery to Hilo and the fire victims on Maui....

Enjoy your Vaca!
upload_2018-8-27_9-31-29.png

(have one for me)

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
We have always been able to find gallons of POG at Costco.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
We have always been able to find gallons of POG at Costco.
maybe I'm looking in the wrong spot? We always go to Safeway after Costco for the other stuff....and they are frequently sold-out

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Hmmm. We buy something POGish for breakfast (often Dole POM, peach orange mango like I drink at home because the fresh OJ Cliff makes every morning from our trees bothers my stomach). But I always buy Mai Tai mixer. Not completely sure of the name, but something like Mr T's ( I know it when I see the bottle). Have tried other things, but always go back to my old favorite. For what it's worth, freshman year in the dorm at UCLA I was known as the "Mai Tai Queen of the Third Floor"! Unfortunately, as an almost old lady more than one at a time gives me a headache. But now that I can't have so much as a sip of wine without suffering for days, I am glad to be able to enjoy a Mai Tai in Hawaii or an occasional G&T at a restaurant at home.

Last edited:

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Forgive us....we did not know we were in the presence of royalty.....M'Lady.

Ralph Sir Edward

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'll have to try the Koloa dark rum, next time in Hawaii.

(I'm spoiled. 21 yr old solera Panamanian rum. 2 cases in the wine celllar. . . )

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
I'll have to try the Koloa dark rum, next time in Hawaii.

(I'm spoiled. 21 yr old solera Panamanian rum. 2 cases in the wine celllar. . . )
Yeah, that's more Cognac/Scotch-like than the rum we all know and love.
Good stuff though.

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
I prefer Hana Bay Dark Rum with my POG. It's one of the darkest dark rums and the flavor mixes well with the sweet POG.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
I prefer Hana Bay Dark Rum with my POG. It's one of the darkest dark rums and the flavor mixes well with the sweet POG.

Never tried it; it's now on my list. Where to buy?

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.