• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[HPC Contract Talk] Inventory - HRC and HPC Inventory as of June 2019

alameda94501

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is part of a series of posts:

Click here for the Introduction Post
Click here for the Request List, Wait List, and Reservations Post

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Probably the biggest issue an HRC owner thinks about in relation to the HPC is Inventory.

Inventory needs to be disclosed in the HPC Contract, so let's just start by looking at the numbers.

First, I have a list of legacy HRC inventory from 2015 (cf: Tabular Description of Component Sites, HRC Contracts) - before the introduction of the HPC:

Code:
Original Hyatt Inventory	UnitWks
---------------------------------------
Sunset Harbor	                2,040
Beach House	                3,774
High Sierra	                3,060
Windward Pointe	                4,743
Highlands Inn	                4,794
Coconut Plantation	        3,672
Pinon Pointe	                5,559
Wild Oak Ranch	                2,448
Grand Aspen	                2,601

As of December 31, 2014 - there were 28,946 Club Members enrolled in the exchange program.

The concept of "unit weeks" is just so we can compare with HPC - it's the number of units in Hyatt multiplied by 51 wks/year. So the number above are the "total" unit weeks a resort could support.

Now, here is the current HPC inventory as of July 2019 (cf: Tabular Description of Component Sites, HPC Contracts):

Code:
HPC Inventory		        UnitWks
Sunset Harbor	                   31 
Beach House	                   42 
High Sierra	                   20 
Windward Pointe	                  458 
Highlands Inn	                  496 
Coconut Plantation	          218 *** 
Pinon Pointe	                  101 
Wild Oak Ranch	                1,883 **
Grand Aspen	                  207

As of December 31, 2018 - there were 3,126 Club Members enrolled in the exchange program.

** Wild Oak Ranch started out with 717 UnitWks, and HPC added 1,166 more UnitWks on June 2019 with the construction of the new building. This is the only addition of inventory since HPC started. NB: When a HRC ownership "converts" they do not permanently contribute to the HPC inventory.

*** Coconut Plantation is completing their fourth building and so we can expect an increase in UnitWks there shortly.

Nearly half the HPC inventory is Wild Oak Ranch, and only a moderate amount is at Windward Pointe and Highlands Inn! The "nine HPC" resort inventory is practically just in those three (soon to be four) resorts.

Furthermore, simple math can get you an estimate of the ratio of HRC and HPC inventory. Let's take Highlands Inn for example:

Highlands Inn

4,794 Unit weeks total
496 Unit weeks in the HPC Inventory

Quick subtraction would indicate there are currently 4,298 Unit weeks in HRC Inventory and 496 Unit weeks in HPC Inventory. Keeping in mind those 4,298 HRC Unit weeks were sold over a decade before the HPC, the HPC weeks are likely the "dregs". You're likely going to be choosing HRC inventory vs HPC inventory.

Here are some charts:

Chart 1: HPC Inventory as a percentage of total "unit weeks"

84wuzZJ.png

Chart 2: HPC (Red) vs HRC (Blue) Inventory at various resorts

vaTQzhA.png

(So if you want more WOR, you may want to consider HPC...)

h2lp0XI.png

PXkQ4kQ.png

(Sales always love to hate on Pinon Pointe, where annual fees are low and resale buyers love to purchase into... but there's not a lot of HPC inventory there!)

Wj95s6T.png

(High Sierra is one of the nine HPC resorts... but not really!)

Last edited:

peas

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow, I knew they didn't have much at Sunset Harbor from the board, but it's surprising how little they have across the board, especially at high sierra.

alameda94501

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow, I knew they didn't have much at Sunset Harbor from the board, but it's surprising how little they have across the board, especially at high sierra.

I took a look at High Sierra, and here is the breakdown of those units:

Code:
Wk    Unit    Pts
 1    212    1600
 2    212    1400
 3    313    1400
 4    222    1400
 9    423    1880
12    424    1400
14    422    1400
15    222    1310
15    321    1310
18    324    1300
22    423    1880
42    223    1300
42    611    1300
44    314    1300
44    321    1300
45    313    1300
45    432    1300
45    532    1300
47    514    1100
50    531    1310

It doesn't appear to have a lot of choice unit weeks in there.

For the two larger HPC holdings, Windward Pointe and High Sierra, I created two graphs for week and units:

Windward Pointe

upload_2019-8-22_21-44-6.png

Dark Green = HPC Inventory
Light Green = HRC Inventory

HPC inventory is mainly around the Silver and Bronze weeks.

Highlands Inn

upload_2019-8-22_21-43-23.png

The remnants of developer inventory that went into HPC appears more evenly distributed here.

Last edited:

Sapper

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I took a look at High Sierra, and here is the breakdown of those units:

Code:
Wk    Unit    Pts
 1    212    1600
 2    212    1400
 3    313    1400
 4    222    1400
 9    423    1880
12    424    1400
14    422    1400
15    222    1310
15    321    1310
18    324    1300
22    423    1880
42    223    1300
42    611    1300
44    314    1300
44    321    1300
45    313    1300
45    432    1300
45    532    1300
47    514    1100
50    531    1310

It doesn't appear to have a lot of choice unit weeks in there.

For the two larger HPC holdings, Windward Pointe and High Sierra, I created two graphs for week and units:

Windward Pointe

View attachment 13579
Dark Green = HPC Inventory
Light Green = HRC Inventory

HPC inventory is mainly around the Silver and Bronze weeks.

Highlands Inn

View attachment 13578

The remnants of developer inventory that went into HPC appears more evenly distributed here.

What is your source for such specific data?

alameda94501

TUG Member
Reaction score
What is your source for such specific data?

We are fortunate to have a vigilent TUGger who contacted me with some additional information from the public record.

Attached is the Trust Developer's Notice of Addition and Notice of Activation of Trust Property to HPC Trust for each of the properties in the HPC Portfolio.

Note that I think there are some errors in the file, for example Pinon Pointe doesn't add up. They may have missed declaring some units.

Attachments

• Trust Developers Notice of Addition and Notice of Activation of Trust Property to HPC Trust.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 67
Last edited:

alameda94501

TUG Member
Reaction score
Based on scanning in the above file, for all the properties except Wild Oak Ranch (too much processing!) I put it into this worksheet for you all to analyze. The format is Microsoft Excel XLSX.

Attachments

• HPC Inventory except WOR TX - raw data.zip
    120.5 KB · Views: 84

Islnd

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry .....I'm a newbie, don't own yet considering HRC. Is the point of all this to say:
1) Outside of Wild Oak and Coconut Plantation HPC inventory is very small....good luck if you own HPC and want to go to any of the other resorts?
2) How is this bad for Wild Oak and Coconut Plantation? Whether you own a deeded week or HPC there is plenty of inventory?
3) Resale on the other properties with low HPC inventory should be higher than at Wild Oak and Coconut?

alameda94501

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry .....I'm a newbie, don't own yet considering HRC. Is the point of all this to say:
1) Outside of Wild Oak and Coconut Plantation HPC inventory is very small....good luck if you own HPC and want to go to any of the other resorts?
2) How is this bad for Wild Oak and Coconut Plantation? Whether you own a deeded week or HPC there is plenty of inventory?
3) Resale on the other properties with low HPC inventory should be higher than at Wild Oak and Coconut?

No that's not the point. Everyone has their own use cases that are personal, so I am not saying anything is bad, but just casting a light on the HPC.

We in the HRC had been able for years to exchange into Developer owned deeds in various HRC resorts, and we never knew when we were doing so. We had expectations set of inventory availability, especially in the Wild Oak resort (and the others described above).

We cannot do that anymore, except as leftover inventory after HPC members get a six month jump on us.

Further, as other HRC members pony up the $13k to join the HPC, they can annually opt to exchange their week to give HPC priority to their week, so over time there will likely be less HRC CUP inventory and more HPC ORP inventory.

Resale pricing varies over time for a bunch of reasons. If you have an excellent broker they should get you the best deal for the resorts you enjoy.

Reaction score
This is part of a series of posts:

Click here for the Introduction Post
Click here for the Request List, Wait List, and Reservations Post

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Probably the biggest issue an HRC owner thinks about in relation to the HPC is Inventory.

Inventory needs to be disclosed in the HPC Contract, so let's just start by looking at the numbers.

First, I have a list of legacy HRC inventory from 2015 (cf: Tabular Description of Component Sites, HRC Contracts) - before the introduction of the HPC:

Code:
Original Hyatt Inventory    UnitWks
Sunset Harbor                    2,040
Beach House                    3,774
High Sierra                    3,060
Windward Pointe                    4,743
Highlands Inn                    4,794
Coconut Plantation            3,672
Pinon Pointe                    5,559
Wild Oak Ranch                    2,448
Grand Aspen                    2,601

As of December 31, 2014 - there were 28,946 Club Members enrolled in the exchange program.

The concept of "unit weeks" is just so we can compare with HPC - it's the number of units in Hyatt multiplied by 51 wks/year. So the number above are the "total" unit weeks a resort could support.

Now, here is the current HPC inventory as of July 2019 (cf: Tabular Description of Component Sites, HPC Contracts):

Code:
HPC Inventory                UnitWks
Sunset Harbor                       31
Beach House                       42
High Sierra                       20
Windward Pointe                      458
Highlands Inn                      496
Coconut Plantation              218 ***
Pinon Pointe                      101
Wild Oak Ranch                    1,883 **
Grand Aspen                      207

As of December 31, 2018 - there were 3,126 Club Members enrolled in the exchange program.

** Wild Oak Ranch started out with 717 UnitWks, and HPC added 1,166 more UnitWks on June 2019 with the construction of the new building. This is the only addition of inventory since HPC started. NB: When a HRC ownership "converts" they do not permanently contribute to the HPC inventory.

*** Coconut Plantation is completing their fourth building and so we can expect an increase in UnitWks there shortly.

Nearly half the HPC inventory is Wild Oak Ranch, and only a moderate amount is at Windward Pointe and Highlands Inn! The "nine HPC" resort inventory is practically just in those three (soon to be four) resorts.

Furthermore, simple math can get you an estimate of the ratio of HRC and HPC inventory. Let's take Highlands Inn for example:

Highlands Inn

4,794 Unit weeks total
496 Unit weeks in the HPC Inventory

Quick subtraction would indicate there are currently 4,298 Unit weeks in HRC Inventory and 496 Unit weeks in HPC Inventory. Keeping in mind those 4,298 HRC Unit weeks were sold over a decade before the HPC, the HPC weeks are likely the "dregs". You're likely going to be choosing HRC inventory vs HPC inventory.

Here are some charts:

Chart 1: HPC Inventory as a percentage of total "unit weeks"

84wuzZJ.png

Chart 2: HPC (Red) vs HRC (Blue) Inventory at various resorts

vaTQzhA.png

(So if you want more WOR, you may want to consider HPC...)

h2lp0XI.png

PXkQ4kQ.png

(Sales always love to hate on Pinon Pointe, where annual fees are low and resale buyers love to purchase into... but there's not a lot of HPC inventory there!)

Wj95s6T.png

(High Sierra is one of the nine HPC resorts... but not really!)
New to ts. What’s HPC? Thanks

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe, Hilton The Bay Club, Worldmark
HPC Inventory UnitWks
Sunset Harbor 31
Beach House 42
High Sierra 20
Windward Pointe 458
Highlands Inn 496
Coconut Plantation 218 ***
Pinon Pointe 101
Wild Oak Ranch 1,883 **
Grand Aspen 207

Well Alameda, you did it again. Thank you. If I had any doubts before, this simple chart answers them all. Basically you have 3 resorts with any inventory. Its shocking how few HPC weeks are offered. My memory might be off, but I think the Welk Experiences Collection actually has more weeks available than the majority of HPC.

alameda94501

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well Alameda, you did it again. Thank you. If I had any doubts before, this simple chart answers them all. Basically you have 3 resorts with any inventory. Its shocking how few HPC weeks are offered. My memory might be off, but I think the Welk Experiences Collection actually has more weeks available than the majority of HPC.

That's their base inventory, but they've brought in (Kal would say 'suckered') a lot of folks into hybridizing according to my records based on Orange County FL's public records. Then they wisely dropped the Annual Conversion Fee from $133 to $0, so all of a sudden there's a lot of people converting their week each year into the Portfolio to add to this inventory...

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That's their base inventory, but they've brought in (Kal would say 'suckered') a lot of folks into hybridizing according to my records based on Orange County FL's public records. Then they wisely dropped the Annual Conversion Fee from $133 to $0, so all of a sudden there's a lot of people converting their week each year into the Portfolio to add to this inventory...
Any idea what % of weeks are now HPC?

alameda94501

TUG Member
Reaction score

They convert on an annual basis at their discretion (if they don't use their deeded week), so there's no absolute way to find out from the Public Record. My estimate is that there are at least 7,000 hybrid owners, each with one or more Legacy unit weeks to contribute. I believe they have sold out more than 80% of the entire Portfolio point basis.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
I seem to always be able to get weeks I want especially at Pinon Pointe even during spring break. I haven't felt the impact yet. We rented 4 rooms for a family trip with decent views. Mainly we use our exchanges for Maui though so haven't experimented with lots of the resorts.

boraxo

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra, Villa Resorts (Mexico)
Wow. So this data suggests that HPC will not help me at all trading into ski weeks and as expected zero summer inventory when owners would rather rent their units for $6k per week.

I do not see a weekly inventory bar chart for Aspen - is there anything in ski season?

Seems like there is zero reason for me to flush $10-20k converting my HRC week to HPC as I have no interest in the other properties.

alameda94501

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow. So this data suggests that HPC will not help me at all trading into ski weeks and as expected zero summer inventory when owners would rather rent their units for $6k per week.

I do not see a weekly inventory bar chart for Aspen - is there anything in ski season?

Seems like there is zero reason for me to flush $10-20k converting my HRC week to HPC as I have no interest in the other properties.

What's misleading about my data is that was just the baseline properties of the HPC (aka "the dregs"). What happened after 2017 was that they sold a majority of these points slowly out to hybridize HRC. Then in 2020 - they no longer charge $133 to annually convert people's HRC week to HPC and made it $0.

So every year, there is a shadow inventory pulled out of HRPP/HRC and dumped into HPC from every resort, including HRC-only resorts like Maui, which we HRC legacy owners cannot see in the HPC "ORP" period (12mo-6mo).

For Aspen, the weeks are choice weeks - I'm not sure but they look to be all in ski season.

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

People spend $100k+ for prime ski weeks. Not a lot of prime weeks are made available to trade. Your best bet is probably to setup an ongoing search 18 months out every year in II.

ArizonaSun4Fun

TUG Member
Reaction score
I attended a sales presentation at Coconut Plantation earlier this month, where I was told that 38% of HRC members have purchased at least the minimum level of HPC points to join that program (660 pts) with the option of converting their HRC weeks to HPC points each year. Availability to make reservations at all resorts (except Maui) with HPC points has been greatly enhanced as a result. Although the sales person's lips were moving, I'm pretty sure that the 38% is an accurate number.

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you believe the huckster, you should stay away from presentations. They are out to peddle points and will say anything that makes the sale. So if the 38% number is remotely close, that says 62% of owners don't want anything to do with it. I just attended the Maui presentation and the sales people said they are SOOOOO glad they don't have to sell the Portfolio system. If the huckster hates it, that tells you something.

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I attended a sales presentation at Coconut Plantation earlier this month, where I was told that 38% of HRC members have purchased at least the minimum level of HPC points to join that program (660 pts) with the option of converting their HRC weeks to HPC points each year. Availability to make reservations at all resorts (except Maui) with HPC points has been greatly enhanced as a result. Although the sales person's lips were moving, I'm pretty sure that the 38% is an accurate number.
OK, but if they purchase the 660, they still have their deeded week so no additional inventory is created for HPC?

alameda94501

TUG Member
Reaction score
OK, but if they purchase the 660, they still have their deeded week so no additional inventory is created for HPC?

That's true, but given the annual conversion fee has been reduced to $0, it always makes sense for them to take their deeded week and deposit it to HPC inventory except when they use it HRPP.

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That's true, but given the annual conversion fee has been reduced to $0, it always makes sense for them to take their deeded week and deposit it to HPC inventory except when they use it HRPP.
If you make that deposit can you then access HRC with the combined points or only HPC? Does it extend your points beyond 12 months?

alameda94501

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you make that deposit can you then access HRC with the combined points or only HPC? Does it extend your points beyond 12 months?

Not sure if this helps: You can think of Portfolio like a big club of mainly other HRC legacy owners who ganged together to buy all the dregs of unsold inventory at a discount from the original developer. Sometimes they add to this inventory with their own week.

They can access the Portfolio's deeded week from 12mo-6mo (which is when we usually in legacy can decide on HRPP). They call this ORP.

Then all weeks go into legacy CUP/LCUP from 6mo-0mo, where both the "club" and legacy HRC can access it.

So whether they make that deposit/"annual conversion" or not, they can access ORP (but with less points if they don't make the deposit) from 12mo-6mo, and CUP/LCUP (for the original Portfolio weeks and all of legacy non-HRPP) from 6mo-0mo.

Their Portfolio points can be banked/borrowed because they have enough slop to account for this internally.