• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How to get around in Grand Mayan Nuevo?

Zib

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have been booking our GM at Sea Gardens the past few years because we have trouble walking very far and found GM just too much walking for us now. We love Sea Garden and being right on the beach and Marina!! But our grandkids want Grand Mayan lazy river so we are going to try it again in Nov. Hope we won't be "house bound" while they get out to the beach etc? Last time we were there the shuttle was way out front and so far away.
We even had to WALK in to GM from the taxi station because there wasn't even a shuttle to take us. They just sent us WALKING!! But of course they brought our luggage on a cart so they could collect the tips!!
We've been members since before Mayan Palace was even built out there. We bought at the old Mayan Palace on the Marina called "Vidafel" That one was damaged in the Acapulco earthquake and was rebuilt into the Mayan on the Marina. We stay there often too.
Actually, what I really wanted to know, is it any easier to get shuttled around at GM than it was a few years ago? And do the taxis have to take you all the way into the turn-about in Puerto Vallarta to take you over to the Sea Garden or the Marina there? Will we still have to walk to GM from the taxi stand. And I DO know that if I UPGRADE I will get better treatment but we've contributed a lot to them over the past 34 years! And we have had wonderful vacations that we wouldn't have had without them. So thanks VIDAFEL/VIDA
But I think you've just outgrown us.

Last edited:

Zib

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me about the meal tickets they sell now at Grand Mayan? We were able to get some at Sea Gardens last year.
Are the same at Grand Mayan?

mikenk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe Villa
Hi Zib,

I remember our discussions earlier; I'm glad you are still getting up and about and enjoying your vacations. Your grandkids will love all the planned activities in the pool area.

Regarding meal tickets, they can be a good deal depending on how you use them. You can get 6 breakfast tickets or 6 breakfast tickets and 6 meal tickets. The price only justifies the breakfasts being the extensive buffets and the meal tickets are a good deal only if you enjoy three course meals. You can share them which helps considerably - that is a lot of food. You can use the breakfast buffets close to lunch and make it almost enough for the day. If we are there with four people, we usually get one of the full up meal tickets and spread them through the week.

We find room service to be excellent and good bargains; we also love all the pool restaurants and swim up bars for early dinners; then go over to La Plaza later for coffee and desserts.

On getting around, I have seen Vidanta being quite good at transporting handicapped folks to wherever they need to go. After 34 years, please ask and take advantage - you deserve it. Have you ever considered getting one of those lightweight wheelchairs; I am quite confident with a little up front planning. Transportation will get you where you need to go.

Good luck and enjoy the trip,

Mike

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Zib - Mike is right - take advantage of the handicapped shuttles. They can go to any entrance that you need to go to. They can take you directly to the GM check-in area and from GM to taxi station. You could contact the Concierge the week before and let them know that you will be needing some special assistance during your stay. As Mike said, the pool restaurants - Balche - is pretty good and room service is one of the best deals for us - especially on our arrival day. Taco Break is in the La Palza ,building that also has MP. Food is good and cheap. You can ride the elevator to the top floor and find it easily.

To get to the Sea Garden by taxi, they have to go south towards PV then make a U-turn and back north the the road that used to be the MP entrance! Stupid if you ask me!

I know where you are coming from - it is not the old Vidafel that we bought either. Many upgrades are awesome, but they sure are going in a different direction from what we bought 20 years ago! We are not interested in the theme park and Cirque shows or Day/Night Clubs. we just wanted nice units, great pools and awesome beach - all in close proximity. :) The resorts are getting too big for us as we are getting old enough to use our Senior Certificates.

Zib

TUG Member
Reaction score
Phyllis - We've been using our Senior Certificates for 18 years!
What a great deal for us! That's why we haven't upgraded for years now.
We're getting ready to just coast on out with what we have.
Hopefully we'll have a few more years.

Mike - Thanks for the info on meal tickets. And we will take advantage of
the handicapped transportation! I didn't know about that!

Last edited: