TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  7. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

How to do self transfer of deeded DRI week in Hawaii to family member

Discussion in 'US - Hawaii Timesharing' started by TJALB, Apr 24, 2018.

1. TJALB

TJALB TUG Member

I would like to transfer one of my deeded weeks to a family member. The deed is paid for, free & clear. It’s in Hawaii at (KBC, Diamond Resorts International) Ka’anapali Beach Club. The maintenance fee is also current. How do I go about transferring the deed? Can I do it myself or do I have to hire a company? Years ago I transferred a TS deed myself. It was with another TS company (not DRI) and it was pretty simple with minimal fees. I didn’t have to hire anyone to do it for me. Although, it wasn’t in Hawaii. I realize that sometimes things are handled differently when it pertains to Hawaii. I’m hoping one of my fellow Tugger’s can help me out with the steps I need to take. Tug members always have a wealth of information to draw upon.

flindberg likes this.
  2. Kapolei

Kapolei Guest

I would personally pay a couple hundred bucks to someone like LT Transfers rather than try to do it myself.

I have done a lot of stuff around my house over the years that I would have been better off giving it to a trades person. But the reason I did it myself is because I didn’t know who to hire. For a timeshare deed, I could probably figure it out. But for a couple hundred bucks, I don’t have to. And if you a pay a reputable person, they usually will fix any mistakes they make. When I make my own mistakes, I got to fix them myself and that is even more time spent.

flindberg and LisaH like this.
  3. DeniseM

DeniseM Moderator

This is who I use - they are Tuggers, they get high marks on TUG, and they are efficient and inexpensive - usually less than $200.

L.T. Transfers
    www.lttransfers.com
    readylegal@gmail.com

TXTortoise, flindberg and LisaH like this.
  4. NTP66

NTP66 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott's Maui Ocean Club (x2)
    +1

I used LT Transfers a few months ago to transfer our MOC units into our Trust, and the process couldn't have been any smoother.

flindberg and LisaH like this.
  5. artringwald

artringwald TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    DRI: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
    I used them to buy a week at the Point at Poipu (a Diamond Resorts property), and they did an excellent job.

flindberg likes this.
  6. flindberg

flindberg TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Wyndham Bali Hai
    Wyndham Ka Eo Kai
    Great Question and great answers! Thank you to all posters!