• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How to cancel a HICV South Beach Resort contract after the rescinding period is long past due?

Jack123

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV South Beach Resort, Myrtle Beach
Hi everyone! I am new to this forum and to timeshare.

I signed a contract in August 2016 for the purchase of South Beach resort from holiday in during my stay in Orlando, FL. Unfortunately for me I have exceeded my rescinding period for the purchasing contract and I would like to find a way to get out of it as it has become a financial burden.

Who can I contact and what is the approach to cancelling it? I couldnt find a clear answer on how to do this. Do i contact HICV or do i contact the developer of the resort? I understand and accept the fact that I can't get a refund on any of the transactions I've made so far. I just want to get this timeshare contract out of my life.

Please any help would be appreciated!

- Jack

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
unfortunately you will find that there is no real way to "cancel" this other than stopping payment and that results in the usual expected repercussions involved in defaulting.

your other option involves trying to find someone to buy your ownership from you, usually for $1 as most HICV properties have little to no resale value! but this is not a "cancellation" but an actual resale.

http://sell.tug2.net

ps. that said you are more than welcome to petition HICV to end your ownership, but id not put much faith in the chances of success there....but even a 1% chance is better than no chance!

Jack123

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV South Beach Resort, Myrtle Beach
Hi Brian, this would mean I am still liable for the closing amount I signed up for?

Will it help that the seller did mis-represent themselves as the main reason I purchased it was for the use of RCI and it's all inclusive resorts. No where did they tell me these all inclusive resorts require additional "all inclusive fees" per day of the stay.

Will I be able to find someone to help take legal action? Are there any recommendations on legal firm that can help with this?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
not sure what you mean by the "closing amount" but since you are well out of your legal rescission period you arent likely to find much success in having any amount owed forgiven. perhaps you mean the purchase price? (guessing that was financed)

the problem you have with the seller mis-representing themselves (which ive no doubt happened although in this case the all inclusive additional fee is not something any salesperson is likely to discuss with you during any presentation, even the ones that dont lie to you!) is that they can simply argue you misheard or misunderstood what the salesperson said, and if the stipulation you mention isnt in the written contract you dont really have much of a case.

there are no legitimate "legal firms" that can get you out of what amounts to unfortunately paying way too much for a luxury item...and certainly none that are going to be able to erase whatever amount you still owe (especially if financed) as that amount is likely a loan or credit given to you by a 3rd party lender and might not even have anything to do with HICV at all.

Mlaw2015

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
South beach myrtle beach sc hicv
I am interested to know if you ever figured this out and what was done?

I am in a similar situation.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
You bought Holiday InnVacation Club? Did the salesman tell you that you can convert your points into IHG resorts? These are points that don’t expire and you can use them for stays at all IHG hotels all over the world. Contact your home resort find out how many points you can convert. We do this with our Orange Lake Week, we pay a fee to Holiday Inn Club $126. 00 a year. And then a $66.00 processing fee. We use the hotel stays along with our timeshare weeks. You don’t have to convert all your points. Also, you can stay at HIVC affliliated resorts without converting points at all. We never use this week with RCI because Point value is cut in half, for some unknown reason. PM me if you have any questions.
Silentg

Bmatrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV Elite
Hi everyone! I am new to this forum and to timeshare.

I signed a contract in August 2016 for the purchase of South Beach resort from holiday in during my stay in Orlando, FL. Unfortunately for me I have exceeded my rescinding period for the purchasing contract and I would like to find a way to get out of it as it has become a financial burden.

Who can I contact and what is the approach to cancelling it? I couldnt find a clear answer on how to do this. Do i contact HICV or do i contact the developer of the resort? I understand and accept the fact that I can't get a refund on any of the transactions I've made so far. I just want to get this timeshare contract out of my life.

Please any help would be appreciated!

- Jack
Jack

What are the details of your unit? Week? Maintenance Fee? I maybe interested as long as its paid off