• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How to book week 52?

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
If my goal is to occasionally book week 52 at Fiesta Americana in Cabo, do I need to own a fixed week 52 at that resort? Or can I use HGVC points from other resorts, such as Last Vegas?

Intheknow

Reaction score
That timeframe in Cabo will be tough to reserve. You will need to check for availability exactly at 9 months out in order to have any chance through HGV.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
To get a home resort advantage and book 12 months in advance, do I need to own at Fiesta Americana Cabo, or any Fiesta Americana resort? Are there home resorts in the Fiesta Americana system, or is it just pure points like Worldmark? Any resources to read up on Fiesta Americana? If I get a home resort advantage, is it easy or difficult to book week 52 at Cabo? Any experience with this?

Helaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Playa Grande
Fiesta Americana
With home resort advantage it is easy if you book early. Yes F.A. does have home resorts like HGVC and then open booking from 9 months on.

I think owning F.A. is the only way to get home resort advantage, or rent/trade with a Fiesta Americana owner.

You can also keep calling to get a cancellation - that works too.

Last edited:

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
Thank you everyone for the info, very informative. I am looking at possibly buying a 7,000 contact at FA Cabo, mostly to use for family stays, but it looks like it may be not a good idea for the following reasons:

1. If I cannot use a week, it looks like renting out the home week for profit is prohibited: "Your Membership has been designed for you to fully enjoy your vacation periods along with your family and friends, any other type of use is not allowed".

2. Looks like I cannot use points to reserve HGVC Hawaii resort at 9 months?

Helaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Playa Grande
Fiesta Americana
Thank you everyone for the info, very informative. I am looking at possibly buying a 7,000 contact at FA Cabo, mostly to use for family stays, but it looks like it may be not a good idea for the following reasons:

1. If I cannot use a week, it looks like renting out the home week for profit is prohibited: "Your Membership has been designed for you to fully enjoy your vacation periods along with your family and friends, any other type of use is not allowed".

2. Looks like I cannot use points to reserve HGVC Hawaii resort at 9 months?

1. - some HGVC people have a lot of "friends", that may be true of FAVC as well.

2. - The only HGVC Hawaii resort you can book these days is Kohala Suites. You should be able to try it at 9 months.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
2. - The only HGVC Hawaii resort you can book these days is Kohala Suites. You should be able to try it at 9 months.

Where did you get this idea? There is always plenty of units at all three BI resorts at 9 months, and HHV can be booked too.

If you wait until 6 months then only the high point units are left.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
If my goal is to occasionally book week 52 at Fiesta Americana in Cabo

Week 52 isn't listed as an Event Week on HGVC resource page for all of the FA resorts (link)

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
Where did you get this idea? There is always plenty of units at all three BI resorts at 9 months, and HHV can be booked too.

I think *maybe* it's the week 52?
I think on the BI, that Bay Club and maybe Kohala Suites can be booked. the others you have to actually own that week, at least if memory serves (I thought I saw the little "asterisk" on the chart for BI). Not sure about the other resorts, although I'm fairly certain HHV can be booked week 52 by non-owners.

Although perhaps the poster was referring to if you bought the FA week and tried to then reserve into the HGVC system?

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
My original question was about booking week 52 at FA Cabo. It appears I need to own there to be able to reserve week 52. Here is what I found in 2017 members guide:

"HOME RESORT SEASON
12 months prior to arrival date

For regular members: you are
able to book a home resort re-
servation at any FAVC properties
except Holly Week, Easter and
weeks 51 and 52.
These dates can only be booked
in your home Resort."

So that is sorted. Unless the guide is wrong.

My other question was about being able to reserve ALL HGVC properties during club season at 9 month, particularly Hawaii properties. I am specifically interested in HHV lagoon tower 2br for 7,000 points during January-March. Not week 52, I understand it's unrealistic. It appears if I own FA Cabo, I will NOT be able to do that.

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
I am specifically interested in HHV lagoon tower 2br for 7,000 points during January-March.

Yes, definitely possible to book during club season via HGVC especially if you are a little flexible on dates. It would be best to "walk the reservation". I was able to book the LT 3-bd penthouse for Feb 2019 during club season. I don't know about booking via FA. Maybe @Helaine could address.

Helaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Playa Grande
Fiesta Americana

I got this idea from the 2018 Fiesta Americana Members Guide. The OP asked about owning FAVC and booking HGVC. You used to be able to book all the Hawaii properties. Currently the only HGVC Hawaii property available to book is listed as Kohala Suites. I checked the 2018 members guide before I posted.

Helaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Playa Grande
Fiesta Americana
Yes, definitely possible to book during club season via HGVC especially if you are a little flexible on dates. It would be best to "walk the reservation". I was able to book the LT 3-bd penthouse for Feb 2019 during club season. I don't know about booking via FA. Maybe @Helaine could address.

Using Fiesta Americana you can only book Kohala Suites in Hawaii now according to the members guide. I have not discussed it with the reservations people in case the users guide is wrong.

It seems like FA can only use one or two HGVC properties in a given area now, instead of all the HGVC properties.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
I got this idea from the 2018 Fiesta Americana Members Guide. The OP asked about owning FAVC and booking HGVC. You used to be able to book all the Hawaii properties. Currently the only HGVC Hawaii property available to book is listed as Kohala Suites. I checked the 2018 members guide before I posted.

Thanks for the clarification, first time I’ve heard about restrictions on points from FAVC.

Helaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Playa Grande
Fiesta Americana
Thanks for the clarification, first time I’ve heard about restrictions on points from FAVC.

We used to be able to book everything. That has changed recently, I don't know why. With luck, maybe it'll change back? ;)