TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TUG started 25 years ago this month in 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Check out our happy birthday post here: Happy Birthday TUG!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $10,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $10Million dollars
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  9. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

How to book week 52?

Discussion in 'Hilton Grand Vacations Club / HGVC' started by echino, Sep 11, 2018.

1. echino

echino TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Hyatt Piñon Pointe,
    Harborside Resort at Atlantis
    If my goal is to occasionally book week 52 at Fiesta Americana in Cabo, do I need to own a fixed week 52 at that resort? Or can I use HGVC points from other resorts, such as Last Vegas?

2. Intheknow

Intheknow Guest

That timeframe in Cabo will be tough to reserve. You will need to check for availability exactly at 9 months out in order to have any chance through HGV.

3. echino

echino TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Hyatt Piñon Pointe,
    To get a home resort advantage and book 12 months in advance, do I need to own at Fiesta Americana Cabo, or any Fiesta Americana resort? Are there home resorts in the Fiesta Americana system, or is it just pure points like Worldmark? Any resources to read up on Fiesta Americana? If I get a home resort advantage, is it easy or difficult to book week 52 at Cabo? Any experience with this?

4. Helaine

Helaine TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Playa Grande
    Fiesta Americana
    With home resort advantage it is easy if you book early. Yes F.A. does have home resorts like HGVC and then open booking from 9 months on.

I think owning F.A. is the only way to get home resort advantage, or rent/trade with a Fiesta Americana owner.

You can also keep calling to get a cancellation - that works too.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
  5. alwysonvac

alwysonvac TUG Lifetime Member

6. echino

echino TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Hyatt Piñon Pointe,
    Thank you everyone for the info, very informative. I am looking at possibly buying a 7,000 contact at FA Cabo, mostly to use for family stays, but it looks like it may be not a good idea for the following reasons:

1. If I cannot use a week, it looks like renting out the home week for profit is prohibited: "Your Membership has been designed for you to fully enjoy your vacation periods along with your family and friends, any other type of use is not allowed".

2. Looks like I cannot use points to reserve HGVC Hawaii resort at 9 months?

7. Helaine

Helaine TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Playa Grande
    Fiesta Americana
    1. - some HGVC people have a lot of "friends", that may be true of FAVC as well.

2. - The only HGVC Hawaii resort you can book these days is Kohala Suites. You should be able to try it at 9 months.

8. SmithOp

SmithOp TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 14.4K Points.
    Where did you get this idea? There is always plenty of units at all three BI resorts at 9 months, and HHV can be booked too.

If you wait until 6 months then only the high point units are left.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

9. GT75

GT75 Moderator

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC-x7
    Week 52 isn't listed as an Event Week on HGVC resource page for all of the FA resorts (link)

10. hurnik

hurnik TUG Member

I think *maybe* it's the week 52?
    I think on the BI, that Bay Club and maybe Kohala Suites can be booked. the others you have to actually own that week, at least if memory serves (I thought I saw the little "asterisk" on the chart for BI). Not sure about the other resorts, although I'm fairly certain HHV can be booked week 52 by non-owners.

Although perhaps the poster was referring to if you bought the FA week and tried to then reserve into the HGVC system?

11. echino

echino TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Hyatt Piñon Pointe,
    My original question was about booking week 52 at FA Cabo. It appears I need to own there to be able to reserve week 52. Here is what I found in 2017 members guide:

"HOME RESORT SEASON
    12 months prior to arrival date

For regular members: you are
    able to book a home resort re-
    servation at any FAVC properties
    except Holly Week, Easter and
    weeks 51 and 52.
    These dates can only be booked
    in your home Resort."

So that is sorted. Unless the guide is wrong.

My other question was about being able to reserve ALL HGVC properties during club season at 9 month, particularly Hawaii properties. I am specifically interested in HHV lagoon tower 2br for 7,000 points during January-March. Not week 52, I understand it's unrealistic. It appears if I own FA Cabo, I will NOT be able to do that.

12. GT75

GT75 Moderator

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC-x7
    Yes, definitely possible to book during club season via HGVC especially if you are a little flexible on dates. It would be best to "walk the reservation". I was able to book the LT 3-bd penthouse for Feb 2019 during club season. I don't know about booking via FA. Maybe @Helaine could address.

13. Helaine

Helaine TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Playa Grande
    Fiesta Americana
    I got this idea from the 2018 Fiesta Americana Members Guide. The OP asked about owning FAVC and booking HGVC. You used to be able to book all the Hawaii properties. Currently the only HGVC Hawaii property available to book is listed as Kohala Suites. I checked the 2018 members guide before I posted.

14. Helaine

Helaine TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Playa Grande
    Fiesta Americana
    Using Fiesta Americana you can only book Kohala Suites in Hawaii now according to the members guide. I have not discussed it with the reservations people in case the users guide is wrong.

It seems like FA can only use one or two HGVC properties in a given area now, instead of all the HGVC properties.

15. SmithOp

SmithOp TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 14.4K Points.
    Thanks for the clarification, first time I’ve heard about restrictions on points from FAVC.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

16. Helaine

Helaine TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Playa Grande
    Fiesta Americana
    We used to be able to book everything. That has changed recently, I don't know why. With luck, maybe it'll change back? ;)