• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How to block or reject calls or texts on an iPhone?

pjrose

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
How do we set an iPhone to either block or reject calls or texts from specific phone numbers, using the iPhone's capabilities or with an app?

Ridewithme38

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have your husband/boyfriend/Mean sounding Brother answer in a very tense tone...:D

You can have your carrier(Verizon,ATT) do it but they charge...Or you can download a 'silent' ringtone for when they call

pjrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ride, the first has worked for me on other occasions, but won't in this one.

We do have that number blocked through AT&T, but somehow he is getting through. On the AT&T online list of calls/texts, it shows as "phone" "Internet media net," so it appears that somehow he is sending the texts from online rather than as regular texts. However, on the phone itself, the texts appear to be coming from his phone number - the number that is blocked with the carrier.

What I need to do is tell the iPhone to block or reject or automatically delete anything from that number.

Ridewithme38

TUG Member
Reaction score
What I need to do is tell the iPhone to block or reject or automatically delete anything from that number.

From the information i can find online...after 6 drinks...It appears that there WAS an app to reject calls(it would ring once then disconnect) but it was never accepted as an 'official' iphone app and was removed from the store...unfortunately, the best you can currently do with an iphone(android phones do have an app called call filter) is what you have currently done

Hopefully someone on here knows a bit more then me on this

pjrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
That's what I'm finding online after no drinks.

I'm amazed. This should be so simple.

My idea, for now, is to compose a text that says "your number has been rejected by the recipient's system" or just "number rejected" and send that back ASAP after contact. Maybe after a few of those identical messages will make the caller stop.

Ridewithme38

TUG Member
Reaction score
That's what I'm finding online after no drinks.

I'm amazed. This should be so simple.

My idea, for now, is to compose a text that says "your number has been rejected by the recipient's system" or just "number rejected" and send that back ASAP after contact. Maybe after a few of those identical messages will make the caller stop.

See thats the problem with being a guy....My suggestion is, show up at his house with a bat and a frown....But then the father of a young daughter kicks it and i don't want to spend 20yrs in prison...Unless its her being harassed

judyjht

TUG Member
Reaction score
My husband has set it up in his IPhone that when someone calls - solicitor or something like that - he "creates a new contact" and then for the name he uses "Do Not Answer" and then if they call again he knows not to answer it and it just goes to vm - and they never leave a message.

If you find something better - let us know.

pjrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
My husband has set it up in his IPhone that when someone calls - solicitor or something like that - he "creates a new contact" and then for the name he uses "Do Not Answer" and then if they call again he knows not to answer it and it just goes to vm - and they never leave a message.

If you find something better - let us know.

That plus a silent ringtone would be a good combination for voice calls. In this particular case the problem is texts. So far, the best idea I have is to reply "number rejected". I think once or twice with that, the person may give up.

judyjht

TUG Member
Reaction score
I found this online. I got as far as seeing it in my iTunes but can't figure out how to add it to a person!

There are a couple solutions/workarounds that you can implement:

1) For those of you that are jailbroken, there is an app called iBlacklist that will allow you to filter incoming calls and SMS text messages. This is not a free app, but at it's current price of $12.00 (one-time purchase), it can pay for itself fairly quickly vs. pricey provider solutions.

2) Don't block calls, but silence them with a silent ringtone. This will still allow the calls to come through, but will silence the ring so you won't even notice. To set this up, download this iPhone silent ringtone (be sure to right-click or cmd-click and "Save As"), import it into iTunes, and sync it to your iPhone. On your iPhone, add the number you want to block/silence to your contacts and set the silent ringtone as that contact's custom ringtone.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
How do we set an iPhone to either block or reject calls or texts from specific phone numbers, using the iPhone's capabilities or with an app?

Blocking Internet spam texts can be done at the carrier, for AT&T you can log into account on web and enable blocking of texts from Internet.

In AT&T Blocking Options:
Email delivery control: You can select ‘Block all text messages sent to you as email’ and/or ‘Block all multimedia messages sent to you as email‘.

Verizon:
Sign into myVerizon and you can access Verizon Safeguards. Here you will find a tab for Internet Spam Blocking. They allow up to 15 email addresses. You can also block all text message sent from the web and/or block all text messages sent from email.

Sprint
They handle blocking through the use of shortcodes. Here’s how to block SMS messages on Sprint.

Text block XXX-XXX-XXXX (remove the dashes) to 9999.

If it goes through, you should receive the following message.
SprintFreeMsg: block: Text messages to and from “XXXXX” are now blocked.

Tip: By sending help to 9999, you’ll receive a help message from Sprint on how to use assorted shortcodes.

pjrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Blocking Internet spam texts can be done at the carrier, for AT&T you can log into account on web and enable blocking of texts from Internet.

In AT&T Blocking Options:
Email delivery control: You can select ‘Block all text messages sent to you as email’ and/or ‘Block all multimedia messages sent to you as email‘.

. . . .

That sounds good, but where do I find Blocking Options?
(We already have AT&T Smart Limits and have this specific number blocked.)