TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TUG started 25 years ago this month in 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Check out our happy birthday post here: Happy Birthday TUG!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $10,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $10Million dollars
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  9. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

How Rebooking a Flight Saved Me $475 - Reader Success Story

Discussion in 'Vacation Travel Information' started by MULTIZ321, Nov 7, 2018.

1. MULTIZ321

MULTIZ321 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
    ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
    How Rebooking a Flight Saved Me $475 - Reader Success Story
    By The Points Guy/ News/ thepointsguy.com

"Today I want to share a story from TPG reader Bill, who took advantage of cancellation policies when the cost of airfare dropped:

After reading the recent mistake story about a 24-hour cancellation, I thought it was fitting to share my success with the same policy.

My wife and I decided to take our children to London for Thanksgiving. I booked our family of four from New York-JFK to London-Gatwick (LGW) on Norwegian departing Tuesday and returning Saturday for $1,766. I would have preferred to take an extra day and return on Sunday, but because of the cost different between Saturday and Sunday flights, coming back on Saturday was the better option.

The next morning I did a quick check of the flight prices and saw they had dropped. It appeared I would save $100 total by canceling and rebooking. Initially I wasn’t sure changing our tickets was worth it for $100, but I decided to go ahead and do so anyway. Good thing I did. Not only had the price dropped more than I thought, but also I was able to select my preferred outbound flight and return Sunday instead of Saturday for a total cost of just $1,291 — a savings I parlayed into a mid-December trip to Florida.

Typically, we look at the 24-hour cancellation policy as a defense against errors or buyer’s remorse, but sometimes it can save you big!......"

Richard

2. tseebach

tseebach Guest

3. isisdave

isisdave TUG Member

Norwegian's biggest problem with flights from the US is that they don't have spare airplanes, so if yours is suddenly out of service, you're gonna be cancelled and it may take a long while to get where you're going. And even if it's a planned equipment replacement, it'll be on a charter airline with different seating and entertainment. Still, that low price ....

We flew them LAX-Copenhagen this spring and it was no worse than other airlines. This was booked through a cruise line for a very low price.