• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

how much time do I have to cancel my buy from Wyndham

hsanta

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Thank you for welcoming to the community. I was wondering if I get today from Wyndham how long do I have for canceling the buy. Just thinking out loud here. If I regret after signing.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
Hi Guys,

Thank you for welcoming to the community. I was wondering if I get today from Wyndham how long do I have for canceling the buy. Just thinking out loud here. If I regret after signing.

Rescission period is different for each state. It is based upon the state in which you are signing the contract. The contract will have a rescission clause that outlines the number of days. It ranges from 3-15 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hsanta

Reaction score
New Orleans if that helps. I'll have a look. Do you know if is difficult to get out once you signed? Thanks.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
New Orleans if that helps. I'll have a look. Do you know if is difficult to get out once you signed? Thanks.

If you follow the rescission instructions within the rescission period then legally Wyndham must process the contract rescission.

That said, DO NOT SIGN A CONTRACT. Stop, do your research, rent from existing Wyndham owners to see if it’s a good fit for you and your family, and only then, consider buying resale. Your up front developer purchase is essentially worthless the second you sign the document. It has almost no resale value. You can buy Wyndham contracts for pennies on the dollar via eBay in comparison.

hsanta

Reaction score
Gotcha, thanks! Yeah so I signed the contract last night and now reading and for some reason, I'm not feeling comfortable with the decision.
I found out that I have 7 days rescission my contract. Is it better to rescission my contract in person or just send a letter and cancel the credit card? Thanks for any advice.

hsanta

Reaction score
Is it worth hiring a lawyer? I just was wondering if is faster to rescind in person. I know they won't convince me. I can write a letter.
Is the address to rescind still this one?

Wyndham Vacation Resorts, Inc.
PO Box 94443
Las Vegas, Nevada 89193
Attention: Account Servicing Operations - Rescission Department

Thank you again and again!

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
Is it worth hiring a lawyer? I just was wondering if is faster to rescind in person. I know they won't convince me. I can write a letter.
Is the address to rescind still this one?

Wyndham Vacation Resorts, Inc.
PO Box 94443
Las Vegas, Nevada 89193
Attention: Account Servicing Operations - Rescission Department

Thank you again and again!

Lawyer cannot help once the rescission period has passed. Follow the rescission instructions in the contract explicitly. Don’t do anything in person as that is not binding. The written contract and your written rescission letter postmarked within the documented rescission period is legally binding.

hsanta

Reaction score
I see thanks! My contract as you can see in the attachment says " You must notify The Developer in writing" So who is the Developer sorry to ask these simple questions but I'm just trying to write the right letter.

Attachments

• Photo on 3-19-19 at 11.04 PM.jpg
    Photo on 3-19-19 at 11.04 PM.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 52

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I see thanks! My contract as you can see in the attachment says " You must notify The Developer in writing" So who is the Developer sorry to ask these simple questions but I'm just trying to write the right letter.
The Developer is Wyndham.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Don't even think about rescinding, do it, do it now! It makes no sense to pay tens of thousands more for something you can get for pennies on the dollar. Send the letter certified so you'll have legitimate proof.

hsanta

Reaction score
Thank you! Yes, I'm doing it. Is it worthy to have my letter notarized when I sign it? They do not mention anywhere that I need to sign or notarize the letter but I believe I should do it as another proof. What do you guys think? I attached a better version of the portion of the contract as well.

I have another contract with "Perks by Club Wyndham" as well, that I can cancel, is to a different address than the Vegas one, is to a Florida address. As you can see in the attached docs. Do I have to do this as well, or when they received my letter of cancelation this will be automatically?

And last but not least this is the letter that I'll be ready to send today. Is that enough? Does it look good?
Thank You, soo much again to everyone!

Wyndham Vacation Resorts, Inc
Account Servicing Operations-Rescission Department
P.O. Box 94443
Las Vegas, Nevada 89193

March 20, 2019

Account Servicing Operations,

Regarding contract number XXXXX-XXXXXX for the purchase of timeshare with Wyndham Vacation Resorts, Inc., I am exercising my legal right to cancel the contract as outlined in section 45 of the contract. I expect a full refund of my deposit. Do not make any additional charges to my credit card. Please confirm my legal recission in writing.

Timeshare: Wyndham Vacation Resorts, Inc.
Owner: My Name
Contract Number: 00000-0000000
Member Number: 00000000000
Date of Purchase: March 18, 2019

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
My Name

Attachments

• IMG_7686.jpg
    IMG_7686.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_7688.jpg
    IMG_7688.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 52

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Royal Garden, Las Olas, VV at Parkway, Island Links
It's not been mentioned yet, but, be sure that all persons listed on the contract sign the rescission letter.

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Does not need to be notarized. Does need to be signed by all parties to the original contract. So if you had a co-signer you both need to sign the recession letter. Just make sure it is post marked before the recession period is over, and get proof that you mailed it. Wyndham will process the refund of your deposit and cancel the contract as required by law.

hsanta

Reaction score
Got it! Thanks a lot, guys.

Doest matter if I send it through USPS or UPS? I'll be sending today overnight, If I can.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'd send it through the mail certified, but it's up to you.

hsanta

Reaction score
Hi, I just sent it through UPS, it should get there tomorrow by 10:30 AM.
The only thing I'm little concern is that in the envelope from UPS, where you put the address.

Wyndham Vacation Resorts, Inc
10750 West Charleston Boulevard, Suite 130
Las Vegas, Nevada 89135

But I couldn't fit the "Attention: Account Servicing Operations-Rescission Department" so I had to write it down by hand. In the letter, however, the one that I signed all the info is there.

Does it hurt if I send another copy again but this time through USPS?

Maybe I'm just fricking out much. Anyway, I wanted to thanks everyone here! Great community! I didn't expect to get some many quick replies.
I'll update my case for future reference with details when this is over, to help newcomers.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
congrats on finding TUG in time to rescind and save thousands!!!

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Wyndham is a great program. Just resale is the way to go at a fraction of the cost of developer pricing. Read, ask questions, do your homework. Then when you are prepared you can make a decision and purchase what you want and need.

Welcome.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
As long as you hold onto the UPS shipping documents you'll be fine in case it gets lost. You'll be able to re-submit it.

hsanta

Reaction score
Thank, yes I'm already an owner of Worldmark the Club I got my ownership back in 2012. However I have not used much and to be honest I didn't know of the many benefits that I'm reading thanks to this site.
So I'm very grateful for this community! Hopefully, when I'm really ready to upgrade I can make an inform decision and not feeling the pressure to buy more.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
best way to do it no doubt!

also check out the worldmark forum here, can get some great help from other WM owners on how to make the most of what you already own!

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank, yes I'm already an owner of Worldmark the Club I got my ownership back in 2012. However I have not used much and to be honest I didn't know of the many benefits that I'm reading thanks to this site.
So I'm very grateful for this community! Hopefully, when I'm really ready to upgrade I can make an inform decision and not feeling the pressure to buy more.
You REALLY should pony up the $15 to be a member here if you're grateful, and want to learn some of the finer points of using both your WM ownership AND any future TSs you happen across. Membership gives you access to reviews of thousands of resorts you can exchange into. You'll be able to see which ones are worth the time, trouble an expense of exchanging. Often reviewers will add handy details about resorts- like where to get groceries, who has the best breakfast, or where to catch a sunset over a cocktail. AND your $15 helps Brian overpay the humongous staff of highly educated and very attractive people who staff the intercontinental headquarters of this enterprise.

Oh, and when it says 'Member' under your username, the prestige can't help but rub off on all that you interact with.

Welcome to TUG!

Jim

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I would have sent it USPS vice UPS due to the P.O. Box delivery.

hsanta

Reaction score
Btw the address was either the PO BOX or this one which is the one that I choose to send it. And I'll be definitely joining the community.

10750 West Charleston Boulevard, Suite 130
Las Vegas, Nevada 89135

So UPS should be ok, I believe. Thanks.