• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How many Worldmarks have you stayed at ?

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Just swing up to Northern Utah on your way back and could almost double your count (Wolf Creek, Bear Lake, Park City, Midway)... plus a night at Estancia (which is technically a separate resort).

Would be nice, but I don't have the time enough this trip to do that. Well, and not having a car has a lot to do with that. :)

Currently staying at WM St. George for a few nights. Seems to be a nice place - the unit I'm in seems huge. Anybody have any questions while I'm here?

If future stays count, we're going to WM West Yellowstone in September. :)

Dave

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
Angels Camp - Handy and Pleasant
Bass Lake
Clear Lake
Marina Dunes
Oceanside
Pismo Beach - Yes it's possible.
Inn at the Park - Wonderful
San Francisco
Windsor
Vancouver - Very wonderful urban apartment
Estes Park - Get the cabin on the river.
Pagosa - Least pleasant WM experience
Steamboat Springs
Galena
New Orleans - Avenue Plaza
West Yellowstone
Lake Tahoe
South Shore
Las Vegas - Boulevard
Santa Fe
Depoe Bay - I see why it's so popular
Gleneden
Portland - We liked our stay and will be back at Christmas.
Running Y
Seaside
Midway
Park City - Amazing during ski season
St George
Wolf Creek
Birch Bay
Deer Harbor - Twice so far. Love the studio cottage.
Long Beach
Camlin - One of our favorites

Looks like that's 33.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
On a point of order - do the WMSP resorts really count? It is just an exchange program with a sister Club.

And not that I am competitive or anything ... but if WMSP resorts do count - then dont Club Wyndham resorts count? :D

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
On a point of order - do the WMSP resorts really count? It is just an exchange program with a sister Club.

And not that I am competitive or anything ... but if WMSP resorts do count - then dont Club Wyndham resorts count? :D
For me, WMSP, as part of TEN, is w/out an exchange fee whereas Club Wyndham requires a fee. So I see it as a very closely related affiliate. My total may also include Wyndham locations that were visited as affiliates before Club Pass was launched but not after that launch; some of these later gained 'native' WM units restoring their 'count' status. :D

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
But Club Pass is also part of TEN.

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)

Wow. Will this affect the prize??? :) :)

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Idk... but I am trying to talk my dear wife into a “resort run” that will add 10 resorts to my count...

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
I come up with 29, after remembering to add 2 in Texas and Fiji and New Zealand. Nope, 30. We bought on our first trip to Seaside on a trade. Nope, 31, forgot Oceaside. I think without having a list in front of me that that's it.

ETA: 32, New Orleans
ETA: 33 with Sydney. Still not looking at the list of past reservations Wmk keeps, now getting reminders from continuing to read this thread.

ETA: Now I've gone back to actually looking at the list of completed reservations, and I come up with 36. Forgot two Las Vegas resorts and Pagosa Springs. I did not count the Royal Kuhio. We stayed there about half a dozen times before they removed it.

Last edited:

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Wyndham Resorts do not count because Wyndham is the spawn of the devil. Also to stay at a Wyndham Resort through Club Pass it takes 2 to 3 times the number of Points than if I traded through RCI. Also I can Book the WMSP Resorts online through the WMTC Web Site. Notice they both have Worldmark in their name.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Wyndham Resorts do not count because Wyndham is the spawn of the devil. Also to stay at a Wyndham Resort through Club Pass it takes 2 to 3 times the number of Points than if I traded through RCI. Also I can Book the WMSP Resorts online through the WMTC Web Site. Notice they both have Worldmark in their name.
Not a Worldmark, or Wyndham member/owner. We've gotten these resorts through trades in RCI, no extra anything required. To me when a resort says Worldmark/Wyndham, I think they are the same. That's why I asked the question.

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
Idk... but I am trying to talk my dear wife into a “resort run” that will add 10 resorts to my count...
ROAD TRIP! Whaaa-hoo!!! Do it! Do it! :)

I've long been wanting to do a loop out across AZ and NM to add some missing locations. We'll hit those someday! Or maybe just continue east into TX to visit the new locations there, too.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
ROAD TRIP! Whaaa-hoo!!! Do it! Do it! :)

I've long been wanting to do a loop out across AZ and NM to add some missing locations. We'll hit those someday! Or maybe just continue east into TX to visit the new locations there, too.
Mine would just be from Northern Utah (Wolf Creek, Bear Lake, Midway, Park City) to Vegas (Spencer, Trop, Blvd) to San Diego (Oceanside, Inn, Balboa).

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

So when the rebranding of WMSP to Club Wyndham South Pacific is complete they will no longer count.

And as a lawyer I know you recognize that the OP question is/was “how many Worldmarks”... not how many WM+affiliates+WMSP resorts.... as she specifically excluded Club Wyndham on the basis that she is not a member of that Club.... and presumably is not a member of WMSP also.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Also WMTC and WMSP had a relationship long before Wyndham came along. WMTC Members can Book directly into WMSP with WM+A Points. For WMTC Member to Book into Wyndham through Club Pass they have to have WTS Points.

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
We have been to 20 of them.
CA:
- Marina Dunes
- Angels Camp
- Windsor
- Clear Lake
- Bass Lake
- San Francisco
- Oceanside
- Solvang
HI:
- Maui Kihei
- Kona
- Kauai
UT:
- St George
OR:
- Eagle Crest
- Running Y
- Seaside
- Depoe Bay
NV:
- South Shore
- Las Vegas
- Lake Tahoe
Canada:
- Banff

We like all of them but are partial to the resorts in OR. We are birders so Running Y is perfect for bird watching in the Klamath Falls Area. Depoe Bay has the best views, and Eagle Crest is in a picturesque location, with many hiking trails nearby.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Interesting observance: I tried reading the reviews of the stays that have been mentioned to date....... :wall:

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Interesting observance: I tried reading the reviews of the stays that have been mentioned to date....... :wall:
Yeah ... I'm gonna say, I don't write many reviews. I feel many of my stays, like last week's Havasu Dunes, are "just passing through." As such, I don't experience the resort, staff, activities or area as a guest might normally. How much can one really say of parking and a room? ;-)

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Yeah ... I'm gonna say, I don't write many reviews. I feel many of my stays, like last week's Havasu Dunes, are "just passing through." As such, I don't experience the resort, staff, activities or area as a guest might normally. How much can one really say of parking and a room? ;-)

I try to write reviews, even if it's just parking and a room. Descriptions of what's there - and what's not - is helpful to me when deciding whether to stay someplace. Laundry in-unit, for example, helps me a lot, especially if I'm staying at the end of a longer trip someplace. I'm not a fan of laundry rooms at resorts. (I wasted almost four hours in the laundry room at Avenue Plaza because of broken equipment and slow drying times.)

Swimming pools, barbecues, activities, and staff personalities are nice, but I rarely consider them when planning a trip. So even if I'm just passing through, it helps me to know about what I'm going to be seeing/using at the resort. Some resort units are more restful to me than others, so the "feel" of the unit is important to me. :)

Dave

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

I hear you, Rhonda - I was just channeling my inner Brian (@TUGBrian ) and/or Doug (@Makai Guy )!

But seriously though, even a brief stay can yield some meaningful insights. Out of curiosity, I just looked at the reviews for Havasu Dunes and found reviews from Christmas of 2018, Feb of 2017, April 2016, and April of 2010 - that's all in this decade! As you noted with your stay, I too have used my timeshare as a better option than a hotel by finding a TS along a vacation route and stay the night there (in much more comfort). Take a look at the reviews of Wyndham Fairfield Glade sometime and you will see I've used this resort in that manner. Even in just an overnight stay, I can offer observations on the check in experience, room condition, comfort of room furnishings, parking, how well the room is supplied, etc even on just one night's experience.

Obviously, there are a good number of areas I can't honestly review with such a short stay but even if a review can only touch on a few of the points noted above, a review of your stay at Havasu Dunes could be very valuable - and timely!

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
It is now 36. We just checked into Gleneden for the first time. This is where we first bought into WMTC in August 2002 on a day trip. But this is our first actual stay.

K2Quick

TUG Member
Reaction score
Canmore
West Yellowstone x4
McCall
Bear Lake
Angels Camp
Windsor
Marina Dunes
Solvang
Kona
Kihei

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
We’ve only been to West Yellowstone and that was a rental from an owner.

Very nice and can’t beat the location!

overthehill

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark since 1998 - Stayed at WM 61 resorts so far, but slowing down
Interesting question. I had to go back and look up my reservation history since Jan 1999. Since that time we have made 175 WM reservations at 61 resorts with the most at Running Y in Klamath Falls, OR at 33, followed by 13 in San Francisco, 10 at Eagle Crest, 7 at Seaside, 6 in Seattle, 6 in Leavenworth, 5 in Kona, 5 at South Shore (Zephyr Cove, NV), and so on down the list. Our foreign bookings have been 1 in New Zealand and 12 in Australia including twice at Seven Mile Beach in Tasmania. I did not include the Wyndham resorts in Australia or in the US.
......That said, we have found with the dilution of our WM credit value with Wyndham’s many new programs since taking over Trendwest, it’s harder if not impossible to get into resorts, even when starting searches with RCI a year to 2 years in advance. Due to that, we are starting to sell off our WM credits as we find we can confirm condos in locations we want through Home Away for equal or less cost than the $5,000+ we currently pay in annual assessments plus the ever increasing housekeeping fees being charged.

Last edited: