TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 25 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $12,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $12Million dollars
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  8. TUG has now joined Priceline.com as an affiliate!

Members and guests who book air travel, rental cars and even Cruise Vacations thru TUG's priceline links will now support TUG in the process!

Read more here
  9. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

How many Worldmarks have you stayed at ?

Discussion in 'Worldmark The Club' started by sun starved Gayle, May 30, 2019.

1. DaveNW

DaveNW TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    WorldMark
    Would be nice, but I don't have the time enough this trip to do that. Well, and not having a car has a lot to do with that. :)

Currently staying at WM St. George for a few nights. Seems to be a nice place - the unit I'm in seems huge. Anybody have any questions while I'm here?

If future stays count, we're going to WM West Yellowstone in September. :)

Dave

2. JohnPaul

JohnPaul TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
    Angels Camp - Handy and Pleasant
    Bass Lake
    Clear Lake
    Marina Dunes
    Oceanside
    Pismo Beach - Yes it's possible.
    Inn at the Park - Wonderful
    San Francisco
    Windsor
    Vancouver - Very wonderful urban apartment
    Estes Park - Get the cabin on the river.
    Pagosa - Least pleasant WM experience
    Steamboat Springs
    Galena
    New Orleans - Avenue Plaza
    West Yellowstone
    Lake Tahoe
    South Shore
    Las Vegas - Boulevard
    Santa Fe
    Depoe Bay - I see why it's so popular
    Gleneden
    Portland - We liked our stay and will be back at Christmas.
    Running Y
    Seaside
    Midway
    Park City - Amazing during ski season
    St George
    Wolf Creek
    Birch Bay
    Deer Harbor - Twice so far. Love the studio cottage.
    Long Beach
    Camlin - One of our favorites

Looks like that's 33.

3. ecwinch

ecwinch Moderator

On a point of order - do the WMSP resorts really count? It is just an exchange program with a sister Club.

And not that I am competitive or anything ... but if WMSP resorts do count - then dont Club Wyndham resorts count? :D

4. rhonda

rhonda TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades, WinPointVIP
    For me, WMSP, as part of TEN, is w/out an exchange fee whereas Club Wyndham requires a fee. So I see it as a very closely related affiliate. My total may also include Wyndham locations that were visited as affiliates before Club Pass was launched but not after that launch; some of these later gained 'native' WM units restoring their 'count' status. :D

5. ecwinch

ecwinch Moderator

But Club Pass is also part of TEN.

6. JohnPaul

JohnPaul TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
    Wow. Will this affect the prize??? :) :)

7. ecwinch

ecwinch Moderator

Idk... but I am trying to talk my dear wife into a “resort run” that will add 10 resorts to my count...

rhonda likes this.
  8. clifffaith

clifffaith TUG Member

I come up with 29, after remembering to add 2 in Texas and Fiji and New Zealand. Nope, 30. We bought on our first trip to Seaside on a trade. Nope, 31, forgot Oceaside. I think without having a list in front of me that that's it.

ETA: 32, New Orleans
    ETA: 33 with Sydney. Still not looking at the list of past reservations Wmk keeps, now getting reminders from continuing to read this thread.

ETA: Now I've gone back to actually looking at the list of completed reservations, and I come up with 36. Forgot two Las Vegas resorts and Pagosa Springs. I did not count the Royal Kuhio. We stayed there about half a dozen times before they removed it.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2019
  9. pedro47

pedro47 TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

10. bbodb1

bbodb1 TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
    You're still young, Pedro!
    Vacation West, Young Man!

11. geist1223

geist1223 Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Worldmark 89,000
    Seaside Oregon Residence Club
    Diamond Resorts Intermnational Hawaiian Collection 50,000
    Royal Solaris San Jose del Cavo
    Wyndham Resorts do not count because Wyndham is the spawn of the devil. Also to stay at a Wyndham Resort through Club Pass it takes 2 to 3 times the number of Points than if I traded through RCI. Also I can Book the WMSP Resorts online through the WMTC Web Site. Notice they both have Worldmark in their name.

clifffaith likes this.
  12. Luanne

Luanne TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Not a Worldmark, or Wyndham member/owner. We've gotten these resorts through trades in RCI, no extra anything required. To me when a resort says Worldmark/Wyndham, I think they are the same. That's why I asked the question.

13. rhonda

Resorts Owned:
    ROAD TRIP! Whaaa-hoo!!! Do it! Do it! :)

I've long been wanting to do a loop out across AZ and NM to add some missing locations. We'll hit those someday! Or maybe just continue east into TX to visit the new locations there, too.

ecwinch likes this.
  14. ecwinch

ecwinch Moderator

Mine would just be from Northern Utah (Wolf Creek, Bear Lake, Midway, Park City) to Vegas (Spencer, Trop, Blvd) to San Diego (Oceanside, Inn, Balboa).

15. ecwinch

ecwinch Moderator

So when the rebranding of WMSP to Club Wyndham South Pacific is complete they will no longer count.

And as a lawyer I know you recognize that the OP question is/was “how many Worldmarks”... not how many WM+affiliates+WMSP resorts.... as she specifically excluded Club Wyndham on the basis that she is not a member of that Club.... and presumably is not a member of WMSP also.

16. geist1223

geist1223 Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Worldmark 89,000
    Also WMTC and WMSP had a relationship long before Wyndham came along. WMTC Members can Book directly into WMSP with WM+A Points. For WMTC Member to Book into Wyndham through Club Pass they have to have WTS Points.

17. LisaH

LisaH TUG Lifetime Member

We have been to 20 of them.
    CA:
    - Marina Dunes
    - Angels Camp
    - Windsor
    - Clear Lake
    - Bass Lake
    - San Francisco
    - Oceanside
    - Solvang
    HI:
    - Maui Kihei
    - Kona
    - Kauai
    UT:
    - St George
    OR:
    - Eagle Crest
    - Running Y
    - Seaside
    - Depoe Bay
    NV:
    - South Shore
    - Las Vegas
    - Lake Tahoe
    Canada:
    - Banff

We like all of them but are partial to the resorts in OR. We are birders so Running Y is perfect for bird watching in the Klamath Falls Area. Depoe Bay has the best views, and Eagle Crest is in a picturesque location, with many hiking trails nearby.

18. bbodb1

Resorts Owned:
    RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
    Interesting observance: I tried reading the reviews of the stays that have been mentioned to date....... :wall:

19. rhonda

Resorts Owned:
    Yeah ... I'm gonna say, I don't write many reviews. I feel many of my stays, like last week's Havasu Dunes, are "just passing through." As such, I don't experience the resort, staff, activities or area as a guest might normally. How much can one really say of parking and a room? ;-)

20. DaveNW

DaveNW TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    WorldMark
    I try to write reviews, even if it's just parking and a room. Descriptions of what's there - and what's not - is helpful to me when deciding whether to stay someplace. Laundry in-unit, for example, helps me a lot, especially if I'm staying at the end of a longer trip someplace. I'm not a fan of laundry rooms at resorts. (I wasted almost four hours in the laundry room at Avenue Plaza because of broken equipment and slow drying times.)

Swimming pools, barbecues, activities, and staff personalities are nice, but I rarely consider them when planning a trip. So even if I'm just passing through, it helps me to know about what I'm going to be seeing/using at the resort. Some resort units are more restful to me than others, so the "feel" of the unit is important to me. :)

Dave

rhonda and bbodb1 like this.
  21. bbodb1

Resorts Owned:
    I hear you, Rhonda - I was just channeling my inner Brian (@TUGBrian ) and/or Doug (@Makai Guy )!

But seriously though, even a brief stay can yield some meaningful insights. Out of curiosity, I just looked at the reviews for Havasu Dunes and found reviews from Christmas of 2018, Feb of 2017, April 2016, and April of 2010 - that's all in this decade! As you noted with your stay, I too have used my timeshare as a better option than a hotel by finding a TS along a vacation route and stay the night there (in much more comfort). Take a look at the reviews of Wyndham Fairfield Glade sometime and you will see I've used this resort in that manner. Even in just an overnight stay, I can offer observations on the check in experience, room condition, comfort of room furnishings, parking, how well the room is supplied, etc even on just one night's experience.

Obviously, there are a good number of areas I can't honestly review with such a short stay but even if a review can only touch on a few of the points noted above, a review of your stay at Havasu Dunes could be very valuable - and timely!

taffy19 and rhonda like this.
  22. geist1223

geist1223 Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Worldmark 89,000
    It is now 36. We just checked into Gleneden for the first time. This is where we first bought into WMTC in August 2002 on a day trip. But this is our first actual stay.

rhonda likes this.
  23. K2Quick

K2Quick TUG Member

Canmore
    West Yellowstone x4
    McCall
    Bear Lake
    Angels Camp
    Windsor
    Marina Dunes
    Solvang
    Kona
    Kihei

24. mpumilia

mpumilia TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Smugglers Notch Resort
    Innseason Pollard Brook
    We’ve only been to West Yellowstone and that was a rental from an owner.

Very nice and can’t beat the location!

25. overthehill

overthehill TUG Review Crew: ELITE TUG Lifetime Member

Resorts Owned:
    WorldMark - Stayed at 61 WM resorts so far...more to visit.
    Interesting question. I had to go back and look up my reservation history since Jan 1999. Since that time we have made 175 WM reservations at 61 resorts with the most at Running Y in Klamath Falls, OR at 33, followed by 13 in San Francisco, 10 at Eagle Crest, 7 at Seaside, 6 in Seattle, 6 in Leavenworth, 5 in Kona, 5 at South Shore (Zephyr Cove, NV), and so on down the list. Our foreign bookings have been 1 in New Zealand and 12 in Australia including twice at Seven Mile Beach in Tasmania. I did not include the Wyndham resorts in Australia or in the US.
    ......That said, we have found with the dilution of our WM credit value with Wyndham’s many new programs since taking over Trendwest, it’s harder if not impossible to get into resorts, even when starting searches with RCI a year to 2 years in advance. Due to that, we are starting to sell off our WM credits as we find we can confirm condos in locations we want through Home Away for equal or less cost than the $5,000+ we currently pay in annual assessments plus the ever increasing housekeeping fees being charged.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
    rhonda likes this.