• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How many points is a weeks resort worth??

beachbarbie

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a weeks resort that trades with RCI. When I trade a week with RCI they change it into 45 points for me to use. How many points would this be worth in RCI as a points resort. Can the week be changed into regular RCI points? And if so how??

Thank You....

Beachbarbie

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Quarter House, a handful of East Coast beach resorts
I have a weeks resort that trades with RCI. When I trade a week with RCI they change it into 45 points for me to use. How many points would this be worth in RCI as a points resort. Can the week be changed into regular RCI points? And if so how??

Thank You....

Beachbarbie

The number of points depends on the resort/unit size/unit week... best option is to call RCI to get that info. But before you do that...

If you have an existing RCI Points account, the week you want to "change into regular RCI Points" must be at a resort that is NOT affiliated with RCI points. Then you can do Points For Deposit (PFD) to get those regular RCI Points.

If the resort IS affiliated with RCI Points, you cannot do PFD. You would have to go thru the resort and have the week converted to RCI Points. There's usually a hefty fee (a few thousand $$) for doing that. If you're not an RCI points member and want to become one, it's often cheaper to purchase a week that's already converted.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
The 45 TPU you receive is a variable amount, as well, since it's based on the week deposited and calendar date it was done. A Points value is likely to be set by the agreement between the resort and RCI. If your thought (and the purpose of your post) is that you might get better value owning that resort as a Points thing, and not as a Week, you'd have to know what they give for that side of things. They aren't directly comparable.

The bigger question is what do you get for giving that time to RCI? By the time you factor in fees and such, there may not be a lot of difference in deposit value, or in the end exchange you receive for using that deposit.

Dave

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
I have a weeks resort that trades with RCI. When I trade a week with RCI they change it into 45 points for me to use. How many points would this be worth in RCI as a points resort. Can the week be changed into regular RCI points? And if so how?? Thank You....
Beachbarbie

RCI weeks is how it started .
TPU's ( your 45 ) were added to account for trading power differences .
I believe this was in the last 10 years or so (I read /learned on TUG ) and was because of a lawsuit .

45 TPU is decent for a week deposit .

above -DaveNW - gave good info ( ie weeks and points are not directly comparable )

In a certain way - RCI TPU's , points etc : are all virtual currency - with arbitrage possibilities .

{and sometimes Swiss chocolate is cheaper here than in Switzerland }

beachbarbie

TUG Member
Reaction score
RCI weeks is how it started .
TPU's ( your 45 ) were added to account for trading power differences .
I believe this was in the last 10 years or so (I read /learned on TUG ) and was because of a lawsuit .

45 TPU is decent for a week deposit .

above -DaveNW - gave good info ( ie weeks and points are not directly comparable )

In a certain way - RCI TPU's , points etc : are all virtual currency - with arbitrage possibilities .

{and sometimes Swiss chocolate is cheaper here than in Switzerland }

beachbarbie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank You all. I have my week and am willing to give it away but the people who were contacting me about it have the RCI points account. My resort is a weeks account. I didn't know how to figure out the value for them to take my resort and how they would get it from TPU to points. Would they have to pay RCI to get this changed into RCI Points?? It seemed like a while ago RCI would do that.

Thank You

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank You all. I have my week and am willing to give it away but the people who were contacting me about it have the RCI points account. My resort is a weeks account. I didn't know how to figure out the value for them to take my resort and how they would get it from TPU to points. Would they have to pay RCI to get this changed into RCI Points?? It seemed like a while ago RCI would do that.

Thank You
They will have two RCI accounts. There is no additional cost for the 'weeks' account. There is no way to just equate weeks with RCI points. It would be costly (if even possible) to convert the week into RCI points. Best to just leave it as is and use both systems.

Jim

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
Your answer is this attachment!

Attachments

• points-grid.pdf
    3.1 MB · Views: 101

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
If your resort is only in weeks and you want to know how many PFD you might get for it in a points account your answer is in this attachment.

Attachments

• RCI POINTS Regional - Timeshare Resales Worldwide Pages 1 - 7 - Text Version _ FlipHTML5.pdf
    3.9 MB · Views: 76

beachbarbie

TUG Member
Reaction score
If your resort is only in weeks and you want to know how many PFD you might get for it in a points account your answer is in this attachment.
Thank You...I see the attachment and it shows that a California Coastal Red week gets 46,000 points which is close to the amount of points that I receive when I deposit the week. If I were to give/transfer this resort to someone with RCI points, would they be able to accept this into their points account and would it be the same amount of points that I currently receive or that shows up on the chart??
Thank You for taking the time to answer
Beachbarbie

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Thank You...I see the attachment and it shows that a California Coastal Red week gets 46,000 points which is close to the amount of points that I receive when I deposit the week. If I were to give/transfer this resort to someone with RCI points, would they be able to accept this into their points account and would it be the same amount of points that I currently receive or that shows up on the chart??
Thank You for taking the time to answer
Beachbarbie
What is your resort? Knowing that will tell whether it can be used for point for deposit (which would require you to buy another week that has already been converted to points) or if you would have to convert through your resort which would likely cost $2000-$4000. It would also indicate whether you should be looking at the points resort for your resort or the generic one for resorts that are not in points. It doesn't matter whether you have a points week, the important fact is has the resort ever sold points weeks or conversions.

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Quarter House, a handful of East Coast beach resorts
Aquamarine Villas in Oceanside CA

Weeks as far as I know but not positive

Looks like that resort is RCI Weeks, so the new owner would be able to use PFD to get true RCI Points rather than what you get now. They would have to pay the PFD every year they want to receive RCI Points.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
What is the average cost per day now to stay in a timeshare?

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
What is the average cost per day now to stay in a timeshare?
Arda has numbers but they are meaningless because a night in some locations could be and should be more than others.

I believe according to them the average MF on a 2 BR unit is around $950 these days not including property tax. Which would be $135. Problem is they send this to the boards of the $500-$600 places and they think great lets increase $200+ and our owners are still getting a bargain without thinking that those $1200-$2000 per week places that are bringing the average up have 4 times the amenities and facilities and then bringing the lower priced places closer to the average brings everybody up higher and higher.