TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Note that the "About the rest of TUG" and "About TUGBBS" forums have been moved further down the list under the lounge area. just in case anyone was wondering where they disappeared to!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. TUG started 24 years ago this month in 1993 as a group of owners on prodigy! Check out our happy birthday post here: Happy Birthday TUG!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The TUG forums have been upgraded this evening to now utilize https as a more secure way to connect and browse the site (Especially for those logged in). please let us know if you experience any issues or errors while on the site so we can correct them! it is our hope that this is a completely seamless change/upgrade! Forum upgrade thread
    Dismiss Notice

How have St Maarten LaVista, Flamingo and Royal Palm Fared ?

Discussion in 'Caribbean Timesharing' started by JRS, Sep 15, 2017.

1. JRS

JRS TUG Member

I believe the brunt of the storm hit closer to Phillipsburg side of the island more directly but I am wondering how these as well as Atrium over by that bay if they fared any better ? Thoughts and prayers with all the locals, staff and others directly affected ....

2. dioxide45

dioxide45 TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott's Grande Vista
    Marriott's Harbour Lake
    SVV - Bella
    SVV - Key West
    Even if they fared well, it doesn't seem that the island will be ready any time soon to accept leisure travelers. Irma was a direct hit on the island of Saint Martin/Sint Maarten. Reading on the TripAdvisor forums, it seems that the French side didn't fare as well as the Dutch, but either side is complete devastation. We pray for the people of these islands, as well as the others in the Caribbean and USA impacted by these storms.

3. dioxide45

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott's Grande Vista
    Marriott's Harbour Lake
    SVV - Bella
    SVV - Key West
    Even if they fared well, it doesn't seem that the island will be ready any time soon to accept leisure travelers. Irma was a direct hit on the island of Saint Martin/Sint Maarten. Reading on the TripAdvisor forums, it seems that the French side didn't fare as well as the Dutch, but either side is complete devastation. We pray for the people of these islands, as well as the others in the Caribbean and USA impacted by these storms.

4. PStreet1

PStreet1 TUG Lifetime Member

And news reports that a state of near Civil War prevails currently.

5. Soap900

Soap900 Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Flamingo Beach Resort St Martin
    Peppertree Atlantic Beach
    You can get great updates and photos of all st Martin resorts by joining the Everything st Martin timeshare Facebook group. I've seen photos of all mentioned. They all have damage and all are closed. Another reason to join this group is that it is monitored and the moderator only posts messages about incidents that are verifiable.

6. dioxide45

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott's Grande Vista
    Marriott's Harbour Lake
    SVV - Bella
    SVV - Key West
    These are older news reports. The Dutch did send in their Navy and the French have sent in troops too. It seems that order has been somewhat restored and aid is slowly getting to those that need it. Though it is still not a good situation in Saint Martin/Sint Maarten.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
  7. JRS

JRS TUG Member

Ok, thanks everyone with those updates. Although it is not good news.

8. topmom101

topmom101 TUG Member

An email from Diamond Resorts was received by a friend of mine who is an owner at the Flamingo that the Royal Palm and the Flamingo will be closed the entire year of 2018 and until further notice. Damage sustained by hurricane Irma to both resorts was more severe than originally assessed.

9. JOHN SABATEL

JOHN SABATEL Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Royal Palm
    I received a phone call stating that my reservation is in danger of being forfeited unless i join Diamaonds exclusive exchange service. Of course there's a fee to join and a fee to deposit my weeks, but i should rest assured that they are nearing completion of the review of my maintenance fees for 2018, even though they will not be open, which they will be expecting payment for...... No bueno

10. T_R_Oglodyte

T_R_Oglodyte TUG Lifetime Member

Are you sure the call came from Diamond, and not from someone pretending to be Diamond?

There are scammers who operate by procuring owners contact information on the black market, then call or e-mail people on the list, pretending to represent the resort or association.

11. topmom101

topmom101 TUG Member

John Sabatel, Diamond is waiving all exchange fees. I know this for a fact as I have 2 friends who are Diamond Resorts owners.