• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How does Hyatt work with Interval??

SHG

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Riviera Beach and Spa, Dana Point
HGVC Flamingo
HGVC on Blvd
Hyatt Beach House
I just completed a stay at the Hyatt Bonita Springs. My wife and I were exceptionally impressed and I decided to look into the Hyatt program. My research has made me interested in purchasing a Platinum Season Hyatt Pinon Point (lowest maint fees). The one thing my research has not been clear on is how does this program work with Interval? I have seen where you deposit a certain amount of points in Interval and I have seen a description where you deposit your whole week?? I cant seem to find clear answers... Any Hyatt experts here?

Also, is the Interval annual fee included in the annual dues?? Or do you have to pay Interval as a separate added cost??

WalnutBaron

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
It looks like you asked the same question in a separate thread, but for the benefit of others who may have the same questions, here are the answers:
  1. Your deposit into Interval International is done through the External Exchange (EEE). You can deposit your entire week or you can deposit a partial week, with the accompanying points that are connected to what you deposit. Hyatt holds exceptionally high trading power within II. For example, a 1BR Platinum unit at Hyatt Highlands Inn will allow you to get a similar quality 1BR in high season plus a second week in a studio unit, in most cases.
  2. The Interval membership is included in your annual maintenance fee, but your membership is restricted in one very important respect: you cannot use II to trade back into a Hyatt property, either for Getaways or Exchanges. It's a particularly bothersome rule established by Hyatt, and there's no way around it. You can, however, trade into Marriotts and Vistana/Westin resorts and resorts of other similar quality.

SHG

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Flamingo
HGVC on Blvd
Hyatt Beach House
Thank you for this info.
1. So is this chart what is used for the Interval deposits? So, if I have 2000 Hyatt points, I can request a 2 bedroom Red Time and a 1 bedroom Green Time. And still have 160 points left over?

upload_2018-6-22_19-34-3.png

2. To clarify a piece of information on your second point, Are you saying that Hyatt members are unable to purchase Getaways with their Interval membership?? Or they just cannot purchase Hyatt Getaways???

WalnutBaron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Thank you for this info.
1. So is this chart what is used for the Interval deposits? So, if I have 2000 Hyatt points, I can request a 2 bedroom Red Time and a 1 bedroom Green Time. And still have 160 points left over?

View attachment 7166

2. To clarify a piece of information on your second point, Are you saying that Hyatt members are unable to purchase Getaways with their Interval membership?? Or they just cannot purchase Hyatt Getaways???
Yes, you have the correct chart, which shows the trading power of a Hyatt timeshare in II. Yes, you can certainly purchase Getaways--just not Hyatt Getaways.

SHG

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Flamingo
HGVC on Blvd
Hyatt Beach House
Yes, you have the correct chart, which shows the trading power of a Hyatt timeshare in II. Yes, you can certainly purchase Getaways--just not Hyatt Getaways.

OK, well that is not too bad. I can accept that. I have a Hilton timeshare and with their RCI plan, you do not get to see any of their getaways. You have to call Hilton to inquire about them.... So this is not too bad..
Thanks for these answers. This is what I needed to know.. Think I will start shopping for the Pinon Point.....

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
OK, well that is not too bad. I can accept that. I have a Hilton timeshare and with their RCI plan, you do not get to see any of their getaways. You have to call Hilton to inquire about them.... So this is not too bad..
Thanks for these answers. This is what I needed to know.. Think I will start shopping for the Pinon Point.....
It's a great time to buy Hyatt. My sister just bought a platinum week , Pinon Pointe for 2000 pts for 6,000. We paid 8,000 for ours 3 yrs ago. Hyatt took a week to decide to not buy back. They have not been active lately in exercising Right of 1st refusal.

SHG

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Flamingo
HGVC on Blvd
Hyatt Beach House
It's a great time to buy Hyatt. My sister just bought a platinum week , Pinon Pointe for 2000 pts for 6,000. We paid 8,000 for ours 3 yrs ago. Hyatt took a week to decide to not buy back. They have not been active lately in exercising Right of 1st refusal.
Oh wow, that is good to hear. I did see one in the TUG listings for $5500, but it has a pending sale.......... I need to find another one at about that price point!

sts1732

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sunset Harbor Key, west
Pinion pointe Sedona, az.
Oh wow, that is good to hear. I did see one in the TUG listings for $5500, but it has a pending sale.......... I need to find another one at about that price point!
If you haven't thought of it, try Red week. They have 12 units for resell, from 5.5K down to 1 dollar. The closest one I found at 2000 points was asking 7K. They do have a place on each listing where you can make an offer.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Check out the actual unit. My sister initially called about one for 5500 but it turned out it was across the street from the pool and partially underground. We stayed in one of those before we bought there and the unit was very dark. The unit my sister ended up buying was close to the pool

SHG

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Flamingo
HGVC on Blvd
Hyatt Beach House
Check out the actual unit. My sister initially called about one for 5500 but it turned out it was across the street from the pool and partially underground. We stayed in one of those before we bought there and the unit was very dark. The unit my sister ended up buying was close to the pool
Who did your sister buy from??? Maybe they have one for me......

SHG

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Flamingo
HGVC on Blvd
Hyatt Beach House
OK, I have just discovered a new question. In reviewing the reservation rules, I can foresee a problem. What happens if you make your reservation as desired in the Preference Period, but end up with residual points that you cannot make another reservation with (say 20-100 points)? What are the options??

1. You should not borrow from next years points because that limits your reservation options to 60 days. which means very limited or no selection.
2. Deposit with Interval. This is the most important part of the question. Can you deposit points with Interval in one year, and then add to those points in another year to then have enough to make a request/reservation?
3. Loose the points?
4. Make any random reservation to use the points? This is not reasonable......

What do you guys do with residual points???

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
OK, I have just discovered a new question. In reviewing the reservation rules, I can foresee a problem. What happens if you make your reservation as desired in the Preference Period, but end up with residual points that you cannot make another reservation with (say 20-100 points)? What are the options??

1. You should not borrow from next years points because that limits your reservation options to 60 days. which means very limited or no selection.
2. Deposit with Interval. This is the most important part of the question. Can you deposit points with Interval in one year, and then add to those points in another year to then have enough to make a request/reservation?
3. Loose the points?
4. Make any random reservation to use the points? This is not reasonable......

What do you guys do with residual points???
We throw them in interval and have always used them. With portfolio inventory available at 6 months you could most likely add a day to a reservation. We haven't tried that so not sure if the fees for that make sense

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Who did your sister buy from??? Maybe they have one for me......
We found my sisters for her as well as the 2 we own at myresortnetwork.com. Our agent was Angie Edward's both times from Fidelity. I will need to check with my sister, cant remember her agent.

SHG

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Flamingo
HGVC on Blvd
Hyatt Beach House
We throw them in interval and have always used them. With portfolio inventory available at 6 months you could most likely add a day to a reservation. We haven't tried that so not sure if the fees for that make sense

So you can take small increments of points and deposit them into Interval? Then accumulate them with subsequent deposits?? Just trying to see what can be done with 'leftover' points...

DAman

TUG Member
Reaction score
So you can take small increments of points and deposit them into Interval? Then accumulate them with subsequent deposits?? Just trying to see what can be done with 'leftover' points...

Yes and yes. You change the points to EEE points for use in II. You just have to make sure you follow the Hyatt time line to do this. Then you have to accumulate enough points to use. If you add eplus then you open up a longer time period and extend your points more.

SHG

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Flamingo
HGVC on Blvd
Hyatt Beach House
Yes and yes. You change the points to EEE points for use in II. You just have to make sure you follow the Hyatt time line to do this. Then you have to accumulate enough points to use. If you add eplus then you open up a longer time period and extend your points more.
Perfect! Thanks for the answers.

AbelowDS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I use II. But I have Marriott weeks that I deposit into II. I have never been able to trade for a Hyatt property (no problems with anything else). Is trading Marriott weeks for a Hyatt possible in II?

DAman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I use II. But I have Marriott weeks that I deposit into II. I have never been able to trade for a Hyatt property (no problems with anything else). Is trading Marriott weeks for a Hyatt possible in II?

Yes. I traded a Marriott unit into Hyatt High Sierra and Hyatt Pinon Pointe. I have seen Hyatt Highlands Inn available in II(usually early December weeks) in the past but no recent sightings of it.

stover33

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes although there is a time limit for using them (I believe 2 years total). So, you can't just keep adding 100 pts a year until you have 1300 saved up, for ex.

Interval also offers short stays which I've used leftover points on. Last year I spent 2 nights at the Marriott near Atlantic City with my leftover points. There is still a transaction fee but it's another way to use leftover points without them going to waste. Interval also lets you use points towards some hotel stays also, value varies depending on the hotel/city but again usually better than letting points expire worthless.